Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Fuck you Blake.  

I think we've gotten him back pretty good.  The position coach his son committed to is on UT's staff now and we're going to be playing in the SEC before he graduates.  I hope he enjoys all those flights to Birmingham.

Edited by kevwun

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:
I'm fine with buying OU's way out of the Big 12. Their fans will hate it. 

The rank-and-file knuckle-dragger won't be able to figure that out.  At all.  They're too busy wondering why their new conference name has three words and not a number.

The ones with class and smarts (there are a few) will find it endlessly amusing as an indication of just how shitty the B12 was, and how both schools cooked this up to GTFO.  Two winners, 8 desperate losers watching their world crumble.

Edited by TeeDubya

19 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I fully expect a long secsecsec chant from the 100K when we play. I also expect a ton of fuck the big 12 chant from the 100K. I prefer just the fuck the big 12 but we all know the secsecsec chant will start raining down at some point.

I mean, don't forget the OU sucks chant, which should be the loudest.

17 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol wut. There are so many things about this post that defy logic and reason. Why would they pay their buyouts AND ESPN pay the Big 12 full revenue. It’s one of the other. And it would make way more sense for ESPN to just fund the buyouts of $156 million than pay an extra $300 million per year for the next four years. 

you clearly dont know why i said what i said.  Even if texas pays 80 million, they will still owe any tv revenue from any conference they are in until 2025.  that is why espn will tell the big 12 to release us and ou from that section of the contract and they will maintain the current pay out to big 12 teams.  If they wanted to they could reduce the payout to 10 million per year for the entire conference because us and ou leave.  keep your indignance to yourself.

in other words, stop acting like a shower shoe you fucking asvab waiver. 

It has and it's the same as everywhere.
Most of the time: "Texas is the most arrogant self-important school and fanbase ever. They think they're the most important but they're not. They're overrated and not as big a deal as they think they are."
Texas finally leaves a conference to better their own position: "HOLY SHIT OUR ENTIRE STATE ECONOMY IS GOING TO COLLAPSE AND OUR SCHOOLS ARE DOOMED!!! TEXAS CAN'T LEAVE US THEY'RE TOO IMPORTANT!!!"

The cognitive dissonance still makes me chuckle. And reminds me of why we should say “fuck all you hangers on.” They’re resentful leeches. Why should we owe them ANYTHING?

1 minute ago, Gidnik said:

you clearly dont know why i said what i said.  Even if texas pays 80 million, they will still owe any tv revenue from any conference they are in until 2025. 

Why would they owe that when they've executed the buyout clause of the contract? What do you think the $80 million is for?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tonesky said:

Law office of four lawyers.  Two with undergrad degrees from LSU.  Both saved by South Texas College of Law (they could have been aggys).

8 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

Most doctors' patients are skeptical of Caribbean medical school degrees. 

Poor analogy.  Try Caribbean undergrad degrees, followed by respected US med school, residency, etc.   

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Crossposting my rant from the A&M thread:

I hope someone here has archived the all the juvenile whining from the reactionary aggy officialdom last week including the hilarious 180 after someone told them what fools they made of themselves again.

Also, I wish someone would create a statement from UT setting the record straight about the decades old bullshit mantra that Texas “destroyed” the SWC and now the Big 12. 

I am getting sick and tired of ignorant sportswriters repeating that pack of lies perpetuated by aggy, corn, and the other sniveling dickwads. I think UT officials should hit the pr trail in the relevant media and tell the true side of the story instead of continuing to allow all those goddamned rubes & rabblerousers to smear the Good Guys. And that includes getting Deloss Dodds, if he is still mentally capable, on record of how events actually transpired with the other schools. There is no reason to allow clowns like that bowtie moron and others to dominate the public stage with their slimey sheepshitstained version of events.

If we claim to be a big swinging dick, then quit acting like a passive eunuch when it comes to public relations and enlightening the cfb world.

Post the facts in the comments.  Yeah I get tired of all the lies that keep getting repeated.  But you see the same thing in the political arena.  Once something gets put out there once people will repeat it for years.

Common lies:

ESPN/Fox overpaid for Big 12-it was open market and see next line

Nobody watches Big 12=Big 12, despite Texas being down, gets better ratings than Pac 12 and ACC

LHN forced NU and CU out-LHN ESPN deal didn't come about until about 6 months after Pac 16 fell apart.  In November they still thought it would be a $3 million a year thing.

Unequal revenue sharing broke up the Big 12-NU and UT were aligned at the hip on revenue sharing.  CU, A&M and Missouri were all for unequal revenue sharing.  Of the 6 original schools left behind, only KU was for unequal revenue sharing.  Getting rid of unequal was part of the reason A&M left.

Texas chased CU, Arkansas, Nebraska, A&M and Missouri off.  CU wanted Texas to go with them to the Pac and had for 15 years.  California is a major place for their alumni and they left before they were even sure they would make more money.  Arkansas wanted Texas to come with them to the SEC.  Nebraska and Texas presidents had a good relationship-it was only Tom Osborne who didn't like losing.  NU had what looked like more money in a more academically prestigious conference that was much more secure.  It was a DUH! decision.  Missouri saw there was some chance with the Pac 16 deal that they get relegated to the Big East remnants.  They saw an opportunity and moved themselves to a more profitable, secure conference.  A&M did want to get away from Texas, but they have been wanting the SEC since 1990.  They agreed to go there in 1990 when they were still working with Texas.  When Stanford vetoed Texas to the Pac, A&M decided to stay.  A&M agreed to go to the SEC in 1994 before Bob Bullock grabbed them by the balls and explained who was in charge.  They finally saw a chance in 2010.  Texas looking at the Pac 16 did get NU thinking.  MU had already been lifting its skirt to the Big 10.

There are many more lies about Texas that get thrown around.

• Hook 'Em 6

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I find the timeline fascinating. 

I have so many questions. Pre-leak (Houston Chronicle article) what was the timeline? How much was it sped up post-leak? Is it true OU approached the SEC first?

If most of MSM didn’t have the UT is an evil asshole slant the articles written about all this will be interesting reads. 

My dad will have been gone 16 years this October. I can’t imagine what our conversations would be like right now. We are joining the SEC, Dad. Wow. Man I miss him. 

I think the timeline would have been the same except that the news yesterday would have been a bombshell.  aggy just went and whined to the press when they were finally informed.

I have had the same thoughts about my dad who I lost just two years ago.  He would have loved all of the aggy bleating, been thoroughly entertained.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

We financing OU too?! Wow

How incredible is this. Aggy was offered to be a part of this network in its inception. Aggy declined. Aggy bolts to the SEC citing the network as one of the key drivers for the move. Aggy tries to implode the conference on the way out. We use the network money to buy out of the B12 and formally enter the SEC, and potentially even help OU with the move, completely imploding any competitive advantage aggy has forever. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

you clearly dont know why i said what i said.  Even if texas pays 80 million, they will still owe any tv revenue from any conference they are in until 2025.  that is why espn will tell the big 12 to release us and ou from that section of the contract and they will maintain the current pay out to big 12 teams.  If they wanted to they could reduce the payout to 10 million per year for the entire conference because us and ou leave.  keep your indignance to yourself.

Maybe I'm missing your point here, but "buyouts" are generally to compensate the opposing side for breaching a contract. Unless the contract is fully guaranteed, the buyout is a number smaller than the total. You don't pay both. 

36 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So we take the heat for “killing” the Big 12, have everyone bitch about how bad of a conference member we are and the pay for OU’s entry…. just to sabotage aggy?

We're going all in to chop aggy's dick off . 

I'm sure we'll make OU pay us back, at worst this will be a coordinated front between ESPN, SEC, and OU to get the ball rolling. 

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Maybe I'm missing your point here, but "buyouts" are generally to compensate the opposing side for breaching a contract. Unless the contract is fully guaranteed, the buyout is a number smaller than the total. You don't pay both. 

Buyout Amount. Any Withdrawing Member shall pay to the Conference a commitment buyout fee (the “Buyout Amount”) in an amount equal to the sum of the amount of distributions that otherwise would be paid to the Member during the final two years of its membership in the Conference. 

SECTION 3 WITHDRAWAL AND SANCTIONS 3.1 Withdrawal. Notwithstanding the commitment of each Member set forth in Section 1.2.3 above, a Member may only withdraw from the Conference, cease to be a member in the Conference, or otherwise fail to fully participate in the activities of the Conference in contravention of its commitment to remain a Member in the Conference for such ninety-nine (99) year period (“Withdraws” or “Withdrawal”) by fully complying with the provisions of these Bylaws and by paying the Buyout Amount (as defined below). Each Member acknowledges and agrees that the Withdrawal of a Member and the payment of the Buyout Amount and implementation of the provisions of these Bylaws does not abrogate the obligations of such Withdrawing Member (as defined below) pursuant to that certain Amended and Restated Grant of Rights Agreement dated effective as of July 1, 2012, or any replacement or extension thereof or other agreement pursuant to which such Member grants the right to telecast some or all of its sporting events to the Conference (a “Grant of Rights Agreement”). The Grant of Rights Agreement which will remain in full force and effect as to such Withdrawing Member and the Withdrawing Member shall continue to be fully bound under the Grant of Rights Agreement after Withdrawal for the remainder of the term of any Grant of Rights Agreement as if it remained a Member of the Conference, but the Withdrawing Member shall not be entitled to payment of any amounts or any other benefits arising under the Grant of Rights Agreement after Withdrawal.

Beyond FUCB, here is the best part if true. aggy says the LHN is a dumpster fire and a joke. UT says whatever.. how about we just monetize this contract and pay off our fee, then pound your hayseed ass from here till the end of days.. Ok?  Won't cost us a dime.. ESPN is fronting this, take it up w/ them. 

thx - Longhorn Nation

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

One of the many things all of this has shown is that Texas and OU are the best kind of rivals. We hate each other with a passion and want to literally destroy each other's programs on the field or court, but we respect each other and recognize each other's value. And we know that each of our program's would suffer immeasurably not just financially but in terms of passionate fan following if we didn't stay together.

Meanwhile Texas A&M is a whiny ass bitch.

Check This Out GIF

26 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

Id love to hear why ESPN would shell out $240 million per year through 2025 to the little 8 when they don’t currently have tier 1 tights for either conference right now. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

One of the many things all of this has shown is that Texas and OU are the best kind of rivals. We hate each other with a passion and want to literally destroy each other's programs on the field or court, but we respect each other and recognize each other's value. And we know that each of our program's would suffer immeasurably not just financially but in terms of passionate fan following if we didn't stay together.

Agreed, I hate OU with the passion of 1000 suns, but I also love to hate them. They are a true rival in every sense of the word. Fuck them, but also much respect. But seriously, fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’d love to hear your basis for why we would pay a buyout/penalty AND still owe all over revenue through 2025.

Oh and while you’re at it, feel free to explain why ESPN would shell out $240 million per year through 2025 to the little 8 when they don’t currently have tier 1 tights for either conference right now. 

i didnt say that they would shell out 240. i said that espn would not lower their payout.  that means the espn price would not be lowered. 

3 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:
Beyond FUCB, here is the best part if true. aggy says the LHN is a dumpster fire and a joke. UT says whatever.. how about we just monetize this contract and pay off our fee, then pound your hayseed ass from here till the end of days.. Ok?  Won't cost us a dime.. ESPN is fronting this, take it up w/ them. 

thx - Longhorn Nation

Had a feeling this was the case. ESPN straight up paying our buyout (and apparently OU's) to make this move happen,

4 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I see three obvious scenarios:

1.  Texas and OU bail before 2024 and pay the Big 12 a shitload of money.

2. Texas and OU bail before 2024 and ESPN pays the Big 12 a shitload of money.

3. The Big 12 implodes before 2024 because the other schools scramble for a landing spot, and Texas and OU pay the Big 12 jack shit.

No. 1 seems least likely of the three.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

Most doctors' patients are skeptical of Caribbean medical school degrees. 

GTFO with that shit. I have colleagues that went to the Caribbean and they took the same exams and went through American residency/fellowship programs just like their "American" counterparts. There are a lot more Caribbean graduates in this country (~5-7%) than your pea brain could imagine.

I have never ever seen a patient ask a physician about their academic credentials. Patients just care that their issues get resolved and not where they came from.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This times eleventy billion!

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

GTFO with that shit. I have colleagues that went to the Caribbean and they took the same exams and went through American residency/fellowship programs just like their "American" counterparts. There are a lot more Caribbean graduates in this country (~5-7%) than your pea brain could imagine.

I have never ever seen a patient ask a physician about their academic credentials. Patients just care that their issues get resolved and not where they came from.

I've looked up a doctor's credentials when they sucked, but you're right it's irrelevant if they're doing a good job.

Echo the thoughts on OU.  I hate those fuckers, they fucking suck at life and voluntarily associating themselves with that shithole state is beyond me.  But I respect them on some level at least.

Aggy, not so much.  I dont hate them because they arent worth it.  They're complete dipshits who cover up their short dick insecurities by embracing their dumbfuck cult bullshit one million percent.  The best part about them is how easy it is to get them frothing at the mouth over little things that prove how lame they are (like the past week).  They're just pure human comedy but not worth wasting any brain cells on

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Maybe I’m way off. But with ESPN involved it wouldn’t be that difficult to coerce the remaining schools to take substantially less with a promise to assist finding them a landing spot. 

This is more along my thinking but instead of coercing remaining schools coercing other conferences for a bump, by defacto ending the B12, that in the end saves ESPN and TX/ou money.    

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 1