Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Cool, thanks, everyone was really curious about that factoid. We really appreciate the entirely unrequested non-sequitur about shit related neither to football, realignment, or really anything. Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?

Not related to football????!!!   I don’t know if you are aware but Simpson was a highly regarded tailback in college and in the nfl. Sir. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Cool, thanks, everyone was really curious about that factoid. We really appreciate the entirely unrequested non-sequitur about shit related neither to football, realignment, or really anything. Did you know the human head weighs eight pounds?

Shaggy gonna sha--- oh wait. 

Surly gonna Surly.

15 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I don’t see og being shown the door for jimbo.

One of the best parts of this not being discussed is all of the new much more bad ass road games that we’ll get to go to. No more Ames, Lubbock, Lawrence. Going to new joints to play these teams will be a lot of fun. The aggy tears are very rejuvenating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd choose all of those over Collie Station, will never step foot in that town again

Este. 

If I never see another Gomer sheepfucker hillbilly in his native habitat, I'll die a happy man.

14 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

It’s hilarious how accurate this is. I’m over it. These fucks are always bitching and blaming Texas for everything. Dobbs pushed for a conference network and these twats voted no. Now they bitch about LHN. They’re bitching and carrying on about Horns down even though taunting has been a penalty for like 10 years. They’re pushing this narrative about Texas having favorable refs despite us being like the second most penalized team in the conference the past five seasons. I honestly don’t feel bad at all about leaving this shitty conference and letting the other teams scramble for relevance. Fight or flight bitches

Yep. Fuck errrrrrrrbody. Especially fuck aggy. And Baylor. Fuuuuuck Baylor. And Mack Brown.

35 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

So your best season in the SEC peaked with escaping an 8-4 team, getting buttfucked by Bama, and beating a depleted Mack Brown-coached basketball school's team?  Be glad you had the other season.

They routinely got curbstomped by a Mack Brown Texas team that had every recruiting advantage, struggled with a down Mack Brown UNC team that had half the talent Texas used to field, and yet somehow they're peaking now.

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

We need ESPN to tell the Big XII tagalongs, "I will break thee".  

Or do what they did when aggy and Missouri left. Guarantee the contracts for the reminder of the GOR and have the Big 12 release Texas and OU immediately and force the Big 12 to bring in 4 new schools, with the idea of a reevaluation of the TV deals will be done after 2025, with the league makes it that far.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

LSU is very much as described.   Pretty much every Cajun I know loves LSU despite them being a grad of another school in that state.  They will wear LSU gear to their own school's football games.    And yea aggy too in this part of the state thanks to its Ag and Engineering tie I know several who went to school at one of their systems schools who are aggy to the core to the point you assume wrong they went to Collie Station and they tell you they went to Kingsville, Tarleton, West Texas,  etc when you ask them

My wife's boss is an Oklahoma State grad for both his Bachelors and Masters degrees, but wears nothing but OU clothes/hats/etc... He's explained how it works, but I cannot for the life of me understand his logic at all behind his loyalty (or lack there of). 

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

They routinely got curbstomped by a Mack Brown Texas team that had every recruiting advantage, struggled with a down Mack Brown UNC team that had half the talent Texas used to field, and yet somehow they're peaking now.

Didn't UNC have some big opt outs prior to that game, too? 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think the plan is we front them the money so we both can leave in 2022. Then we both get the greater SEC share quicker and OU can pay us out of the difference between the big 12 share and SEC one for however long it takes. That is what I'd propose if I were UT brass. We want out the quicker the better so the sooners being poor shouldn't hold us back.

OU's credit card is maxed out they it's putting the SEC on layaway?

59 minutes ago, MAROON said:

Ya not true.   But that team also had four future first round draft picks on the O-Line, plus other OL who made it to the league. You have four first round draft picks on your O-line right now?

Maybe if freakish injuries take out a few hundred college football players next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MAROON said:

Ya not true.   But that team also had four future first round draft picks on the O-Line, plus other OL who made it to the league. You have four first round draft picks on your O-line right now?

Which of your SEC-era aggy teams was better than 2012's and why?

6 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Dumb question amnesty: Who determines what constitutes a P5 conference? Is that an official NCAA designation or something that just sort of came about in the media and general lexicon?

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

General lexicon and a huge gulf in influence, history and resources. The AAC really isn't that far back purely on the football field.

Had to do real work today so way behind.

Yes and no, the name is just a fan/media moniker but the meaning behind the name means conferences that have direct bids to one of the NY6 bowl games.

Rose - B1G/PAC, Sugar - B12/SEC, Orange - ACC/ND/SEC/B1G

The G5 or gang of 5 (non Power 5) do not have ties into any of the above bowls, nor into the other “at large” bowls Fiesta, Cotton, Peach

• Hook 'Em 1

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT!

It just hit me that this will be the last season in which we have to sit through those embarrassing Big 12 commercials. God. Nothing exemplifies my feelings for the Big 12 more than the complete shame and embarrassment as a fan that I feel whenever whatever Big 12 commercial comes on. I know that a million+ people are seeing that shit and it turns me beet red. 

SEC commercials are actually pretty good. Even when I've rolled my eyes at their conference touting, I've envied their media work including commercials. Yes, please. 

In related news, it's fascinated me following this thread that there are UT fans that actually like(d) the Big 12 as it is. I didn't expect SEC, but I was sure as shit hoping for something. This conference sucks and that's being cast into the spotlight with how hopeless the other 8 schools are acting/looking in regard to their future options.

Also, how pathetic is Baylor that we'd rather be associated with fucking Arkansas and hillbilly schools like Auburn and LSU than them? Fuck those fucking rapists.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Patrick is not even from Texas. 

Yep. & wtf is the logic of the Texas Lege or any other Texas elected official looking to bar Texas from leaving the Big 12? It's not as if the Big 12 is a Texas conference or the State of Texas has some kind of vested interest in the success or failure of the Big 12. They should be cheering this move on from the sidelines, as it will bring more money and attention to the State and to it's flagship academic institution. And what's the logic of having no problem at all with aggy going to the SEC, but blocking Texas?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It just hit me that this will be the last season in which we have to sit through those embarrassing Big 12 commercials. God. Nothing exemplifies my feelings for the Big 12 more than the complete shame and embarrassment as a fan that I feel whenever whatever Big 12 commercial comes on. I know that a million+ people are seeing that shit and it turns me beet red. 

Big 12, with 10 teams, and ONE TRUE CHAMPION, except when we declare co-champions.  

My wife's boss is an Oklahoma State grad for both his Bachelors and Masters degrees, but wears nothing but OU clothes/hats/etc... He's explained how it works, but I cannot for the life of me understand his logic at all behind his loyalty (or lack there of). 

Your wife’s boss is an idiot. I grew up in the state, got my undergrad from OSU before coming to The University for my MS. No self-respecting OSU grad would be caught dead in Crimson and cream.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Yep. & wtf is the logic of the Texas Lege or any other Texas elected official looking to bar Texas from leaving the Big 12? It's not as if the Big 12 is a Texas conference or the State of Texas has some kind of vested interest in the success or failure of the Big 12. They should be cheering this move on from the sidelines, as it will bring more money and attention to the State and to it's flagship academic institution. And what's the logic of having no problem at all with aggy going to the SEC, but blocking Texas?

That committee isn’t about barring Texas from doing anything. It’s an economic impact study committee, i.e., an opportunity to let the other 3 plus aggy bitch and moan. That’s why its being led by a lame duck senator and will be held after the BOR meeting on Friday.

In other words, it’s purely masturbatory.

6 minutes ago, wood said:

future votes.  They dont want to be the one who said nothing when Texas went to the SEC and abandoned the schools their knuckle draggers wear the t shirts of.  Thats it, 100%

2 minutes ago, Godzillatron said:

Your wife’s boss is an idiot. I grew up in the state, got my undergrad from OSU before coming to The University for my MS. No self-respecting OSU grad would be caught dead in Crimson and cream.

No shit. Yet, here we are.

Again, everytime I see it, I just shake my head and wonder what the hell he is thinking. He donates money to OU. Donates!

WTF?

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT!

It Just Means More at 1:43 of her rant

Edited by DFW Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In related news, it's fascinated me following this thread that there are UT fans that actually like(d) the Big 12 as it is. I didn't expect SEC, but I was sure as shit hoping for something. This conference sucks and that's being cast into the spotlight with how hopeless the other 8 schools are acting/looking in regard to their future options.

I liked the Big 12 as it could have been because I prefer regional rivalries and then those champions meeting in a more robust playoff system. But that's not reality so it's not like I sit around worrying about it. My perfect world would be eight 10-team regional conferences of the 80 most valuable programs. Champions and 4 or 8 at-larges get into the playoffs. I mean somebody has to be the doormat in each conference and we need weaker conference to supply OOC games. If the top class breaks completely away from the lower class I guess they could still schedule the lower division but some alumni groups are going to be upset about the frequent 3-9 records the new world brings.

• Hook 'Em 9

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT!

SEC commercials are actually pretty good. Even when I've rolled my eyes at their conference touting, I've envied their media work including commercials. Yes, please. 

Also, how pathetic is Baylor that we'd rather be associated with fucking Arkansas and hillbilly schools like Auburn and LSU than them? Fuck those fucking rapists.

Kliff Kingsbury Morphs Into Charlie Weis [GIF]

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT!

This didn't do it for you?

kliff-kingsbury-charlie-weis-morphgif.we

What an embarrassment this whole thing is. The state of Texas got played like a fiddle by Bama and a northeastern sports broadcasting company.

Power conference based in Texas? Nope

Texas recruits leaving the state in droves? Yep

Any control over what is happening? Nope

Texas has been raped, pillaged and burned to the ground.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Fuck You 53
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

This is one of the biggest bullshit myths around.  Spend a few days in East Texas and you'll see a shitload of maroon shirts worn by people who have never set foot in a college classroom.  A lot of Longhorn fans and a lot of aggy fans never went to those respective schools.  I'm sure you can say that about a good number of Alabama and Auburn fans.  And LSU fans.  "T-shirt" fans are not unique to Texas. 

Do aggy classrooms qualify as "college?"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hiphopfroggy said:

What an embarrassment this whole thing is. The state of Texas got played like a fiddle by Bama and a northeastern sports broadcasting company.

Oh shut up. All those recruits leaving in droves to play in the SEC hmm?

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

So are realignment talks going to be going away?

What did Shaggy get?  About 1400 pages?  I know it broke 1000.  We've got a ways to guy.

Somebody needs to start the SEC pics.  Guy with the Ole Miss pics-you can do better than that.

2 minutes ago, hiphopfroggy said:

Yep. It sucks.

But it was probably inevitable.

Ah well.

3 minutes ago, hiphopfroggy said:

I'd cry too if your school has been relegated back to the MWC or AAU. Enjoy having Fatterson as your coach you miserable bitch.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, hiphopfroggy said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

This is one of the biggest bullshit myths around.  Spend a few days in East Texas and you'll see a shitload of maroon shirts worn by people who have never set foot in a college classroom.  A lot of Longhorn fans and a lot of aggy fans never went to those respective schools.  I'm sure you can say that about a good number of Alabama and Auburn fans.  And LSU fans.  "T-shirt" fans are not unique to Texas. 

Actually that's not a myth.  Its another aggy lie.

Lots more T shirt fans in Louisiana, Alabama, etc. where you have no pro teams.