Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

6 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

🤮

E7ZCeLLWUAAcMdj.jpg%3Alarge?width=1635&height=843 

So Texas and OU won't be able to shoot their way out of the conference but Kansas will? This is the kind of logic that landed them in the B1G in the first place. Shrivel away in the B1G cellar you whiny bitches.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

There’s no reason to add anyone, just stay together at 8 fir now and see what happens. If we add anyone, maybe BYU since they’re independent anyway and the conference death in a few years just sends them back.

At 8 you just don't have enough games to uphold your TV contract. You need two more. BYU and Cincy would be good, fun football games too.

Edited by texifornia

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This keeps the games inventory quantity the same by staying at 10 teams.

Neither Disney nor Fox are going to air Tier 1 matchups OTA, on espn or on fs1, when those matchups bring 800k viewers.

10 teams, 16 teams, it doesn't matter, the irate8 are looking at a 75% haircut on their next contract unless they can find a soft landing.

If I were Kansas and ISU i would tell the b1g we'll come for free for 3 years or something like that.

Tech and oSu need to make the same pitch to the PAC.

Everyone else, AAC it is.

ACC is not crossing the Mississippi.  WV lands there probably.

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I don't understand why you got do that in front of the kids?  All you have to say is ear muffs....then you can say anything you want!

Top 30 Old School Earmuffs GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

I wore your mom as ear muffs last night. 

As for okie lite… of course it will be a long fucking time you dumb fucks. First, you will have to ask. Second, we have to say yes. 

Why would we want to play some left behind never was jack shit rivals little brother? We don’t owe them the fucking time of day, and they should be sending us larger checks as a sign of gratitude for allowing them  the opportunity to play in a league that brought them pretty nice paydays courtesy of their brother and By God Texas  

They would have been in the mac/wac/mvc/ymca if we desired. So you’re welcome you prepubescent pleb cocksucker.

Oh, look! You still can’t spell cOcksUcker without OU. Guess they taught you well at your uncle’s house as he wreaked of dollar store gin and curry sweat. 

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Neither Disney nor Fox are going to air Tier 1 matchups OTA, on espn or on fs1, when those matchups bring 800k viewers.

10 teams, 16 teams, it doesn't matter, the irate8 are looking at a 75% haircut on their next contract unless they can find a soft landing.

If I were Kansas and ISU i would tell the b1g we'll come for free for 3 years or something like that.

Tech and oSu need to make the same pitch to the PAC.

Everyone else, AAC it is.

ACC is not crossing the Mississippi.  WV lands there probably.

They won't draw only 800K if they're on ESPN. We have to be realistic, part of the reason that Texas and OU draw so much more is that they're so much more frequently on the main channels. But they're on the main channels because they draw so much more, so it's a chicken and egg thing to some extent. But an Iowa State/Oklahoma State matchup for the new Big 12 title on ESPN will draw well over a million viewers.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

At 8 you just don't have enough games to uphold your TV contract. You need two more. BYU and Cincy would be good, fun football games too.

At $10MM per year for the Big 8's prorated TV contract, BYU might be getting a pay cut to join. But, I don't know what their T3 is worth. No incentive for them to be a short-term fill in.

UH and Cincy more likely and easiest adds.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

college gameday sport GIF

Yeah, that’s not an easy win for Texas and Sark knows that from Bama playing them.  Arky has a good defense and a few players on offense.  Depending on how the QB plays and if he stays healthy, Arky is one of my surprise picks this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I'm surprised BYU is eager to join a Big 12 without UT and OU.

What are their TV contracts worth annually? Their 2021 indy schedule looks pretty good with five Pac-12 opponents.

Not that much.

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=25239222

Roughly $4.5M in broadcast revenue. A lot less than commonly believed. And it matches with previous estimates:

https://lawlessrepublic.com/2017/09/21/byu-football-espn-contract-money/

They re-upped in late 2019 or early 2020 so it could have gone up a bit but I doubt it's over $6M.

Edited by Huckleberry

Just now, DFW Horn said:

That's shocking. Mormons must not like football that much.

I think they're underpaid but the network is negotiating with a single school, the inventory is low, and ESPN is already paying other people for all their road games. Being independent is a rough road.

• Hook 'Em 2

the subtle bias seeps in through every crevice.....

from the cbs stoops article.....

<He's also pushing back on recent comments from Oklahoma State president Dr. Kayse Shrum, who said that the Sooners following Texas to the SEC was "to the detriment of the State of Oklahoma.">

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bob-stoops-praises-oklahoma-leaving-big-12-for-sec-ous-move-to-the-sec-is-whats-best-for-oklahoma/

By re-publishing Shrum's inaccurate words, within a few days the national consensus reality will be that UT started it, took 0u with us, 0u followed us, it's all UT's fault.

9 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

You may as well throw in Boise St and Cincinnati, too.

I think the best move is Boise St., BYU, Cincinnati, and Houston if they're going 12. Southwest Division with Boise St., BYU, Texas Tech, Houston, Baylor, and TCU. Northeast Division with Oklahoma St., Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Cincinnati, West Virginia.

Which makes me think it might be better to stay at ten and not add Boise St. and BYU. League is stretched too far at that point.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Rotating football championship games in Atlanta and Jerry's World.

Basketball tournament in Dallas.

But, speaking of registration headaches, Napa and Sonoma wine, how many of your fucks during your time at UT took the time to go visit the Gutenberg Bible in the Ransom Center? Apparently, there are fewer than 20 intact Gutenberg Bibles in the world and UT has one of them.

https://www.hrc.utexas.edu/gutenberg-bible/

I've gone in and thumbed through the ol'Gutenberg many times. It's a terrific read and fun to get your hands on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yep. They’ve got an extremely impressive haul of rare documents. I hit that up when I was there and also saw the worlds first photograph. There’s some insane stuff on campus you can just walk on up to.

👀  👀  👀  👀 

Animated GIF