Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That is their best play right now. And also adding BYU maybe adding an AAC school or two. I find all of this fascinating. @The Tower has to be loving all the action on this thread.

Pac is never taking byu. Even if they looked past the academics,  the LGBT stuff is a non starter for many of those schools/states. It made all the sense in the world to take them when they took utah and they were never really considered. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, pops said:

Pac is never taking byu. Even if they looked past the academics,  the LGBT stuff is a non starter for many of those schools/states. It made all the sense in the world to take them when they took utah and they were never really considered. 

Yeah, I don't think the secular Pac takes any "religious" schools meaning TCU and Baylor are fucked. UH has a better shot.

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

I think I'm now required to tell you to kill yourself with a self induced staph infection due to the catastrophic anal trama from use of a rusty dildo.

Am I interneting correctly?

* trauma

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's the wrong emoji. The one you're looking for is laughter. 

Needs the emoji with the double x chromosome. 

20 minutes ago, HornyPony69 said:

The Big 12 should commit Seppuku. Fuck all this expansion talk. The world doesn’t need another AAC. 

Except there's 8 homeless mid-tier schools that draw around 800k eyeballs per game, so clearly there's room for one, even if it doesn't shake out that way.

The Pac 12 would water down their already shitty drink with any additional  Big Xii teams. They should hope ND gives a little, the Big Ten swallow some pride and they become one. Then the Pac and the Big work on a deal to benefit both their conferences,  whatever that looks like. 

The Big Xii, if they somehow stay together,  should look at Tuesday and Wednesday night games. 

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Adding schools to the Big 12 talk not going away. Done with Big 12.............hopefully.

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

I remember in 2014 when Bill Snyder was wearing all his old Big12 windbreakers and such. Big12 said no…no sir. So fuck the Big 12. 

EC548B45-4FA9-410E-879B-168004CF4FFD.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Adding schools to the Big 12 talk not going away. Done with Big 12.............hopefully.

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

Realignment is like the college version of the NFL draft except the stakes are even higher.  Everyone lying to everyone else. Endless false leaks to the media by teams/schools and agents/lawyers. Everyone looking out for number one. A whole bunch of talking heads literally just making shit up. And a bunch of fans on the net who don’t know jack shit posting a lot. 

It’s great. 

21 minutes ago, Dewey said:

The Pac 12 would water down their already shitty drink with any additional  Big Xii teams. They should hope ND gives a little, the Big Ten swallow some pride and they become one. Then the Pac and the Big work on a deal to benefit both their conferences,  whatever that looks like. 

The Big Xii, if they somehow stay together,  should look at Tuesday and Wednesday night games. 

They're thinking less about quality of games, and more about getting the Central time zone slots that will actually get their teams in front of Eastern eyeballs.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, I don't think the secular Pac takes any "religious" schools meaning TCU and Baylor are fucked. UH has a better shot.

There is no way in hell the PAC 12 takes Baylor or BYU, but TCU has a shot. 

It’s not necessarily that they’re against “religious” schools it’s more like they’re against the crazier versions with some fucked up policies. I admit I’m unfamiliar with how TCU enforces it’s policies but no way are they on the same level as BYU or Baylor.

Plus the whole briles/Starr rape thing kind of hurts Baylors chances there. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

If they're going to take advantage of securing their position in two of the strongest sports markets in the conference and further ensure the best high school players in Texas go on to SEC schools, it seems in the SEC's best interest to put Dallas and Houston into the rotation for conference championship games.  And that's not just Texas and OU throwing their weight around.  It's a good business decision.

I would do a rotation of your conference champ games for all sports:

Basketball: Dallas/Houston, NOLA, Nashville, Atlanta
Football: Houston/Dallas, NOLA, Atlanta
Baseball/Softball: OKC and Hoover (maybe add in Nashville and Greenville/Columbia for baseball)

Spread it around within your footprint. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Baseball/Softball: OKC and Hoover (maybe add in Nashville and Greenville/Columbia for baseball)

I'm a fan of this idea. Let's add the Charleston for baseball because that'd be fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, South Austin said:

I see three obvious scenarios:

1.  Texas and OU bail before 2024 and pay the Big 12 a shitload of money.

2. Texas and OU bail before 2024 and ESPN pays the Big 12 a shitload of money.

3. The Big 12 implodes before 2024 because the other schools scramble for a landing spot, and Texas and OU pay the Big 12 jack shit.

No. 1 seems least likely of the three.

4)  Lawyers.   Texas and OU leave, hold up payment in court, B12 implodes while the case is dragging out.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

If they're going to take advantage of securing their position in two of the strongest sports markets in the conference and further ensure the best high school players in Texas go on to SEC schools, it seems in the SEC's best interest to put Dallas and Houston into the rotation for conference championship games.  And that's not just Texas and OU throwing their weight around.  It's a good business decision.

For sure, several SEC member schools have already played one-offs in the state of Texas just for exposure.  Showcasing the SEC's conference championship game within the state, would produce a lot more exposure than just that.   And that would hardly be a case of UT "flexing its muscle."

Heck, arguably, if Texas isn't actually in that championship game, then it could do more damage than good, for UT specifically.  But for the SEC overall, it would be outstanding.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Definitely all of this. 

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

4)  Lawyers.   Texas and OU leave, hold up payment in court, B12 implodes while the case is dragging out.   

+1, its really shocking how many people don't realize how likely this is if the 'Irate8' doesn't immediately implode. 

Money begets money, and this is the type of battle UTs legion of lawyers has been chomping for. 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

waving steve guttenberg GIF

He has 2 Gs, sir.

I ran into Steve on 6th Street on Halloween night, 10/31/94. He literally bumped into me coming out of a bar and then I recognized him and we shook hands and bullshitted for a minute in the middle of the chaos. I was a freshman and he was super nice, loved Austin, girls were around in the crowd basically circling the guy and his buddies, it was fun and funny. And, hey, I'm guessing everybody got laid that night, as the whole town was fucking insane.

Is it still crazy on Halloween? I've always assumed so. There were over 100,000 people there that night, per the news. 

Also, dude was like 6'. Taller than you'd figure after seeing him in the movies, including the greatness that is Cocoon. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He has 2 Gs, sir.

I ran into Steve on 6th Street on Halloween night, 10/31/94. He literally bumped into me coming out of a bar and then I recognized him and we shook hands and bullshitted for a minute in the middle of the chaos. I was a freshman and he was super nice, loved Austin, girls were around in the crowd basically circling the guy and his buddies, it was fun and funny. And, hey, I'm guessing everybody got laid that night, as the whole town was fucking insane.

Is it still crazy on Halloween? I've always assumed so. There were over 100,000 people there that night, per the news. 

Also, dude was like 6'. Taller than you'd figure after seeing him in the movies, including the greatness that is Cocoon. 

Man, I thought he was a little guy.  He was in Three men and a baby and I'm pretty sure he was the shortest of those three.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the subtle bias seeps in through every crevice.....

from the cbs stoops article.....

<He's also pushing back on recent comments from Oklahoma State president Dr. Kayse Shrum, who said that the Sooners following Texas to the SEC was "to the detriment of the State of Oklahoma.">

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bob-stoops-praises-oklahoma-leaving-big-12-for-sec-ous-move-to-the-sec-is-whats-best-for-oklahoma/

By re-publishing Shrum's inaccurate words, within a few days the national consensus reality will be that UT started it, took 0u with us, 0u followed us, it's all UT's fault.

i mean the narrative has been 'it's UT's fault!! Texas is responsible for every conference imploding!!' from the very first leak, there hasn't been anything subtle about it 🙄 

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Pretty sure the SEC basketball tournament is locked into Nashville until 2030.

Probably, but my dream would be to rotate it throughout your footprint.  For all the conf championships. 

Fuck Mizzou hosting the SEC swim championships - it needs to at Texas. 

17 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

+1, its really shocking how many people don't realize how likely this is if the 'Irate8' doesn't immediately implode. 

Money begets money, and this is the type of battle UTs legion of lawyers has been chomping for. 

This. The shit has hit the fan so UT, OU and the SEC will be bringing their lawyers, guns and money and the big 12 or whatever it’s called now will fold up like a cheap tent. 

Texas and OU will be playing in the SEC in 2022 and any buyout will be relatively small.