Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I think the best move is Boise St., BYU, Cincinnati, and Houston if they're going 12. Southwest Division with Boise St., BYU, Texas Tech, Houston, Baylor, and TCU. Northeast Division with Oklahoma St., Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St., Cincinnati, West Virginia.

Which makes me think it might be better to stay at ten and not add Boise St. and BYU. League is stretched too far at that point.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Gundy's on track to retire within the next 5 years. I don't see him taking an SEC job, and I think he's on his final contract, so no more flirting for raises. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he'll ride out the Big 12 while it lasts then watch his politics shows on his ranch.

In his OAN shirt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I would do a rotation of your conference champ games for all sports:

Basketball: Dallas/Houston, NOLA, Nashville, Atlanta
Football: Houston/Dallas, NOLA, Atlanta
Baseball/Softball: OKC and Hoover (maybe add in Nashville and Greenville/Columbia for baseball)

Spread it around within your footprint. 

You can bet Jerry Jones will be on the phone once the ink is dry on the acceptance of UT/OU to have the SEC title game rotated between Atlanta and Arlington. He's probably had the documents prepared for years for it.  

I'd be for basketball being held in NOLA as it's pretty much as central location  in  the SEC foot print as you can get as a destination type city.   Could argue Memphis too I guess?

For baseball ,  Hoover and OKC would be an OK  rotation as far as spreading it around geographical if that's the goal.    But if you add an additional eastern location as an option such as Columbia/Greenville, the western part of the conference should have one too.   Don't know where exactly, but it would be cool somewhere in Texas at a (Double AA or Triple AAA)  minor league field.   Nashville would be too much of a home field for Vandy.   I've never liked OKC for the same reason being a close drive for OuSux, so I wouldn't put Round Rock up for the same reason.  

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a solid chunk of you cocksuckers who should be beaten with reeds and then have your broken, bleeding bodies kicked off the roof of some mid-sized parking garages. Into some piles of glass or used syringes or Geoff Ketchum's mobile porta a potty. Fuck y'all. 

Your Mean GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a solid chunk of you cocksuckers who should be beaten with reeds and then have your broken, bleeding bodies kicked off the roof of some mid-sized parking garages. Into some piles of glass or used syringes or Geoff Ketchum's mobile porta a potty. Fuck y'all. 

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Would this beating take place before or after the SEC meeting tomorrow?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not saying this isn’t true but what happened?

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's posts like these that make me think Sydney looks like this in real life. 

Craig Carton Back To Work, Allegedly Back To Not Paying His Bills -  Dealbreaker

Edited by UDontKnow

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

25BC1DCD-1D0B-4C6F-8F53-9510C87F44D2.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Twitter now referring to the rest of Big 12 as the Irate 8.

Lots of talk about how SEC is playing chess and B1G and PAC 12 playing or eating checkers.

I have no trouble believing that based on their statements and actions. 

C4C61B63-A9ED-4766-B893-5B348C0DC61F.gif

A connected tOSU guy said on a podcast that the group running point for Texas and OU reached out to the B1G around the same time as they did the SEC (which would make sense as you'd want to hopefully create competition for your affiliation).  Said the B1G was eager for Texas but had no interest in OU, and when it became clear it was a package deal the talks ended before even starting.

So, B1G has known this was afoot for six months.  If they haven't schemed and prepared shame on them.   No one seems to have much faith in Delanay's replacement

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

you mean, this one?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You can bet Jerry Jones will be on the phone once the ink is dry on the acceptance of UT/OU to have the SEC title game rotated between Atlanta and Arlington. He's probably had the documents prepared for years for it.  

I'd be for basketball being held in NOLA as it's pretty much as central location  in  the SEC foot print as you can get as a destination type city.   Could argue Memphis too I guess?

For baseball ,  Hoover and OKC would be an OK  rotation as far as spreading it around geographical if that's the goal.    But if you add an additional eastern location as an option such as Columbia/Greenville, the western part of the conference should have one too.   Don't know where exactly, but it would be cool somewhere in Texas at a (Double AA or Triple AAA)  minor league field.   Nashville would be too much of a home field for Vandy.   I've never liked OKC for the same reason being a close drive for OuSux, so I wouldn't put Round Rock up for the same reason.  

I was trying to sort of divvy up the map of the SEC into 4 parts where OKC/Dallas/Houston, NOLA, Nashville/Hoover and Atlanta/Greenville/Columbia sort of hits every geographic part. 

You could add Round Rock or Sugar Land if you want to have a fourth location to offset Greenville/Columbia. 

2 minutes ago, Wade said:

A connected tOSU guy said on a podcast that the group running point for Texas and OU reached out to the B1G around the same time as they did the SEC (which would make sense as you'd want to hopefully create competition for your affiliation).  Said the B1G was eager for Texas but had no interest in OU, and when it became clear it was a package deal the talks ended before even starting.

So, B1G has known this was afoot for six months.  If they haven't schemed and prepared shame on them.   No one seems to have much faith in Delanay's replacement

B1G is dumb if all that is true. I swear the Pac12 and B1G still think it’s 2017 or some shit. It would serve them right if the MWC AAC and ACC all merged grabbed the Irate8. 

Should be the B1G’s motto (even tho I know AAU is such a big deal—Kansas and Iowa State did just about everything they could to try and appeal to them—though we could argue of the remaining 8 ISU has probably put in the most overall effort to improve in almost all areas)…

785266BD-954F-41DC-9CBA-29D31082EC29.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Js1 said:

I was trying to sort of divvy up the map of the SEC into 4 parts where OKC/Dallas/Houston, NOLA, Nashville/Hoover and Atlanta/Greenville/Columbia sort of hits every geographic part. 

You could add Round Rock or Sugar Land if you want to have a fourth location to offset Greenville/Columbia. 

Sugar Land? But why? Because there is a baseball field?

And for the record, fuck each and every poster here that's shitting on Houston. This aggression will not stand man. Nashville ain't that bad, but in no way is it better than Houston.  Someone even had the audacity to put Nashville in the same sentence as Austin. GTFO!

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

GIF by Giphy QA

8 minutes ago, Wade said:

Who would they be scheming for?  No one worth value is left.  It’s not about just getting to a certain number rather you also have to add a valuable university so you can get more money from tv partners.  Kansas *can* give you that in men’s basketball but that’s a.) the ONLY sport and b.) not the sport really driving this.  Iowa State doesn’t give you that.  Sure, they are AAU, but is that all the bring to the table?  

If this even remotely true then the B1G is stupid beyond words & the leaders who nixed this should be run out of town. Even if they turned their nose up at ou they already let Nebraska in, for fuck's sake.

Had they taken Texas and ou they would have had great leverage & could have poached other blue bloods. Now they're stuck looking at Kansas and Iowa State and the half million or so eyeballs they draw combined.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Wade said:

This sounds like after the fact justification for the Big Ten getting outmaneuvered by the SEC.  I don't believe for a second that the Big Ten would say no to Texas and OU because OU is non-AAU.