Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I was trying to sort of divvy up the map of the SEC into 4 parts where OKC/Dallas/Houston, NOLA, Nashville/Hoover and Atlanta/Greenville/Columbia sort of hits every geographic part. 

You could add Round Rock or Sugar Land if you want to have a fourth location to offset Greenville/Columbia. 

You are correct about Greenville/ Columbia being in the same geographic area as Atlanta... Makes sense

2 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

It was a Tech sportswriter saying, “Speaking for Tech …” and asking for ESPN to continue negotiating with The PAC 10 and Tech. No idea why it was deleted.

Maybe his source thought it was going to out them? Would definitely be big news if ESPN was currently talking to the Pac-12 about the value that Texas Tech would bring or not bring.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You've got to be fucking kidding.

Good luck with your future tv negotiations, Big 12.

I mean I knew it was a fantasy when I posted about the best options for the remaining 8 that could work for them if they had good, strong, central leadership from the Big 12 office. But I didn't think they were going to do something this absurd this fast.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

For those too lazy to click, I'll repost the agenda here. You might want to buckle up, it's going to be a long one.

4:00P Yell Practice

4:30P Marching, hutting and hollering

4:45P Ceremonial fucking of the sheep

4:46P Bitching about mean ol tu

9:45P Discussion of potential legal enforcement of "gentleman's agreement" and other potential lawsuits vs. SEC

10:00P Glory hole break

10:15 Drafting of official resolution admitting how fucked they are

10:15P Identification and subsequent firing of scapegoat

11:00P S-E-C chant

11:30P Adjournment

You forgot the crayons. 🖍

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean I knew it was a fantasy when I posted about the best options for the remaining 8 that could work for them if they had good, strong, central leadership from the Big 12 office. But I didn't think they were going to do something this absurd this fast.

Amateur hour adventures such as exactly this should be Exhibit A for why we are leaving this dump of a conference behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

If this even remotely true then the B1G is stupid beyond words & the leaders who nixed this should be run out of town. Even if they turned their nose up at ou they already let Nebraska in, for fuck's sake.

Had they taken Texas and ou they would have had great leverage & could have poached other blue bloods. Now they're stuck looking at Kansas and Iowa State and the half million or so eyeballs they draw combined.

Good thing they moved on Rutgers and Maryland when they did.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So essentially quit telling our members how little they are looking to receive, quit telling them how much they might make elsewhere, and quit telling the other schools we are talking to how little $$ this is going to be worth.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

"Cease and desist all actions regarding Big 12 members? Okay."

zero Big 12 games appear on ESPN next season

Can't air games on ESPN if the big 12 doesn't exist to even have any games?

Texas to SEC 2021

Big 12 dissolves as soon as ISU and WVU joins B1G

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

What “actions” exactly?

any and all actions youronor

th?id=OIP.Y9uG8ra1Agc8uvKjS0izmgHaEK%26p

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure ESPN will listen to you, Big 12.

12 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

It was a Tech sportswriter saying, “Speaking for Tech …” and asking for ESPN to continue negotiating with The PAC 10 and Tech. No idea why it was deleted.

So then it sounds like ESPN is working with some of the Irate 8 to find landing spots, hence the “cease and desist” letter? Am I interpreting this correctly?

So then it sounds like ESPN is working with some of the Irate 8 to find landing spots, hence the “cease and desist” letter? Am I interpreting this correctly?

This seems to be what is happening. ESPN is talking to IR8 individually as Big 12 front office is preaching solidarity. My guess is that those who can find life
rafts off the sinking ship will take them.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No.  This was a good move.  ESPN already told the Big 12 what it thought of them when it refused to discuss early renewal.  This forces a settlement before anything else moves forward.  So SEC/ESPN/UT/OU have to talk to the remaining 8 about how to make them whole.

ESPN's lawyers are listening.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wade said:

Here's the podcast fwiw.  It's a short listen and some interesting things in there.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/is-big-ten-about-to-raid-pac-12-in-conference-realignment/id1517259960?i=1000529991696

Interesting, if true.  Says Fox is driving the B1G expansion bus, acting as the intermediary, and that the commish is just not up to the task.  The latter tends to match something Dan Patrick's B1G source said, "The Big Ten would be all over UVA and UNC if there were a different commissioner."

Ohio St AD took a not so subtle jab at the B1G commish on Friday:

(So the Fox nugget would seem to match the thought that ESPN is maneuvering their side of realignment.)

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You can bet Jerry Jones will be on the phone once the ink is dry on the acceptance of UT/OU to have the SEC title game rotated between Atlanta and Arlington. He's probably had the documents prepared for years for it.  

I'd be for basketball being held in NOLA as it's pretty much as central location  in  the SEC foot print as you can get as a destination type city.   Could argue Memphis too I guess?

For baseball ,  Hoover and OKC would be an OK  rotation as far as spreading it around geographical if that's the goal.    But if you add an additional eastern location as an option such as Columbia/Greenville, the western part of the conference should have one too.   Don't know where exactly, but it would be cool somewhere in Texas at a (Double AA or Triple AAA)  minor league field.   Nashville would be too much of a home field for Vandy.   I've never liked OKC for the same reason being a close drive for OuSux, so I wouldn't put Round Rock up for the same reason.  

Dude, with all due respect, fuck Bricktown Ballpark. Did you happen to see the SEC baseball tournament? It was light years better than OKC. And who the fuck WANTS to go to Oklahoma for anything? OU would leave if they could. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Droopy said:

Dude, with all due respect, fuck Bricktown Ballpark. Did you happen to see the SEC baseball tournament? It was light years better than OKC. And who the fuck WANTS to go to Oklahoma for anything? OU would leave if they could. 

I guess we're not done with bricktown if the conference tournament rotates around to different sites. 🙄

5 minutes ago, bullet said:

No.  This was a good move.  ESPN already told the Big 12 what it thought of them when it refused to discuss early renewal.  This forces a settlement before anything else moves forward.  So SEC/ESPN/UT/OU have to talk to the remaining 8 about how to make them whole.

ESPN's lawyers are listening.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So essentially quit telling our members how little they are looking to receive, quit telling them how much they might make elsewhere, and quit telling the other schools we are talking to how little $$ this is going to be worth.

Right.  Y'all stop reporting accurately right now or we'll sue!!

Fuck the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Sugar Land? But why? Because there is a baseball field?

I mean, if you want to throw a bone to UT/A&M/LSU to geographically feature another part of your SEC region, you can grab a minor league park in Texas (Round Rock or Sugar Land).  

The baseball  tournament won't leave Hoover (it's been the tournament site for 23 years).  It's all wishcasting that the SEC rotate their champ sites to feature different parts of their conference. 

But we should just get used to annual road trips to Hoover for the SEC baseball tournament, Nashville for the SEC basketball tournament and occasionally to Atlanta for the SEC football championship.  The SEC softball tournament actually rotates through campuses, so it may come to Austin (and Norman) very soon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is the Big XII’s attempt to save the conference, clearly, the leftovers are scrambling to find a new home and asking for help in doing so. This conference is flatlined and the commish is still warming up the paddles. 

I bet Bowlsby’s ass is up at night now. What a complete buffoon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you come across a very popular meme or video that is going viral and is very popular, you can already bet it’s been posted here 2139 times so the last thing you should think to yourself is “nah, this ain’t been posted on surly yet!”

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Haha 1