Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’ve been laughing for nearly 8 hours now because I’m imagining this is what every aggy was doing today:

11am: “herp, derp JIMBO up at SEC Madea Days!”

3pm: “JIMBO!”  

3:05pm “why JIMBO sad?”

3:45pm: “tu trying to get into SEC! Aggy Brent reporting!  Fucking SIPS!”

4:30pm: “why didn’t bjork deny that report? ITS LIE!”

5:40pm:  “okay, Sankster can deny this report already.  This ain’t funny.”

7:00pm: “WHY ISN”T SANKSTER DENYING REPORTS!”

8:42pm “let’s email chain Abbott?”

10:02pm: giphy.gif

Caption on the gif….”furk”

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

You people saying the Lege is on the sideline this time because they are in their own mess don't get how it works.  All it takes is some phone calls and emails to lock up support for a promise to put a stranglehold on UT's funding in the NEXT legislative session.  That's the power they can yield and that can easily happen even with the House Dems up in D.C.

I'm not saying it will happen, just saying the opportunity for political fuckery is absolutely still on the table.

Nope, are they forcing A&M back? They played their part already, it’s over with.

How many titles do we claim now?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

they are fighting over about $180 million

the Big 12 will be holding on to $90 million of that with a final year distribution that would happen after any members leave

so they are really fighting over about $90 million......but if it is shown that Texas and OU are talking to the SEC and have not given the required 12 hour notice to the Big 12 that is a problem and opens up a lot more damages as the Big 12 contract states

also since the Big 12 just talked to the "media partners" if it is known that Texas and OU were talking to the SEC and had not given the 12 hour notice that is a problem if there was any conference votes taken on anything related to talking with ESPN or Fox or both about going ahead and doing an early extension (which was talked about in the article)

if it is shown that ESPN was in on the talks with the SEC about OU and Texas and that required 12 hour notice was not given that could be a major problem and could drag ESPN into the lawsuit......ESPN has to know of the existance of that clause and as a partner to the Big 12 and as a partner that was just talking to the Big 12 about if an extension could or could not happen if at the same time they were talking to the SEC and Texas and OU about making that happen then that could be a major problem

the Big 12 members that remain are in a bad spot and they are going to scorched earth if all of this is true and it may well not end up good for Texas and OU and ESPN....I would imagine the SEC will be drug in as well

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Honestly despite being a super conference, a nine game schedule in this hypothetical SEC creates two divisions with excellent regional rivalries and enough opportunities for crossover that the other division’s teams aren’t complete strangers. Almost all of the existing crossover rivalries are preserved by the common sense move of Bama and Auburn to the east, Mizzou to the west, and filling with Texas and OU. LSU is probably the biggest loser, losing Florida and Alabama, but the latter also owns them so it can be an escape.

if the big IF is affirmative with us and OUsux  join the greatest football conference known to mankind.   It will be interesting  to see if the SEC will keep its current scheduling model where they kind of discourage a strong or even somewhat respectable non conference schedule in favor of cupcakes.   Along with the traditional cupcake game reserved for November in order to solidify the poll slots.  Of course OUsux will keep its game with Okie State so that will give them one “respectable” non conference game.   Who do we go after for non conference.    I hope as it looks right now at future schedules we keep the Michigan and Ohio State matchups. In fact here’s hoping we can go forward can pretty much keep the bulk of the non conference games listed here.   

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas/

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’ve been laughing for nearly 8 hours now because I’m imagining this is what every aggy was doing today:

11am: “herp, derp JIMBO up at SEC Madea Days!”

3pm: “JIMBO!”  

3:05pm “why JIMBO sad?”

3:45pm: “tu trying to get into SEC! Aggy Brent reporting!  Fucking SIPS!”

4:30pm: “why didn’t bjork deny that report? ITS LIE!”

5:40pm:  “okay, Sankster can deny this report already.  This ain’t funny.”

7:00pm: “WHY ISN”T SANKSTER DENYING REPORTS!”

8:42pm “let’s email chain Abbott?”

10:02pm: giphy.gif

That right there is art.

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So weird to even see it. 

I saw that picture and had the most 50/50 emotional response imaginable. It's like half of me was a kid on Christmas and the other half felt like someone had just ran over my puppy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am not convinced the grant of rights is enforceable against state entities due to sovereign immunity.  I think the lege would have had to sign off on it.  And it didn’t.  

Also if Texas and ou leave the conference isn’t solvent so is there a conference to pay?

9 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Nope, are they forcing A&M back? They played their part already, it’s over with.

How many titles do we claim now?

The State of Texas is nog

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

SIAP but just want to make sure this is in the universe as much as humanly possible 

043FEA5C-889B-426C-8C7C-1A4AF0DD1A62.jpeg

If Rod Babers said this on the radio then he is my new hero.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Unless my memory is bad, I think Tech is the only one of the 14 Big 12 schools, past or present, that has never played in a BCS/NY6 bowl game.

You played in the Cotton in 05 and 08. I'm always confused as to whether that constitutes a NY6 appearance or not. 

I am amazed this has gotten this far along to have them rumored to being notifying the B12 early next week and it was a dumbfuck aggy mouth piece that scoops it.

Not Herman talking shit after he was fired. Not some booster drunk at a social event. Not Urban finding out during his courtship, not some political hack trying to make a name for himself...

How did we go through the last 6-12 months of shit and not have this get leaked?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

I am amazed this has gotten this far along to have them rumored to being notifying the B12 early next week and it was a dumbfuck aggy mouth piece that scoops it.

Not Herman talking shit after he was fired. Not some booster drunk at a social event. Not Urban finding out during his courtship, not some political hack trying to make a name for himself...

How did we go through the last 6-12 months of shit and not have this get leaked?

Urban didn't want that SEC stress. Said no thanks

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Idk. The playoff expansion shit never got leaked. Some stuff remains hush hush. I think people overestimate how hard it is to keep secrets when they do things like dismiss conspiracies or outlandish happenings. 

Edited by ztejas