Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You played in the Cotton in 05 and 08. I'm always confused as to whether that constitutes a NY6 appearance or not. 

THE FUCK YOU SAYING YOU FOR!?!?  I graduated from UT you fucktard.  (I just love that gif of the fat fuck morphing into coach too cool, but seriously uncool to accuse  me of being a tech fan).

NY6 playoff era games, the Cotton Bowl in 05 & 08 was not a selection bowl participating in the BCS, it was the Big12’s #1 game outside of the BCS.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Tech also played USC in the 1995 Cotton Bowl after that car wreck of a season with aggy on probation.

1995 was pre BCS and pre Big12

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

THE FUCK YOU SAYING YOU FOR!?!?  I graduated from UT you fucktard.  (I just love that gif of the fat fuck morphing into coach too cool, but seriously uncool to accuse  me of being a tech fan).

NY6 playoff era games, the Cotton Bowl in 05 & 08 was not a selection bowl participating in the BCS, it was the Big12’s #1 game outside of the BCS.

Please. It's Mr. Fucktard.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Shiiit… I always assumed you were a tech fan, as well

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh? We are finally getting to the point where we can dominate this league and make it to the NCAA post season consistently. I mean we go the SEC with like 19 other schools we are talking about not just beating OU but everybody else. That will happen maybe three or four times a century. 

How does our lack of success in the past ten years make you think this? Even our best teams of all time would struggle through a gauntlet like that. And not to mention the screwy unbalanced bullshit schedules of super leagues.

you seem like a pussy

4 hours ago, mdleast said:

Hmm

fuck Ketch

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Instead aggy is playing the part of Luke when told Texas might come to the SEC

200.gif

48e0a621-db8e-43e2-8d93-052533ac84e9_tex

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So it is almost like someone tried to scrub this from the internet. Had to go back on the wayback machine to a 2018 cached version of shaggybevo (yeah 3 iterations ago.. fuck you eskimo hut dude and fuck you to Steve Patterson, but I digress)

I give you the original outside looking in gif...

omni1.png

I never fail to laugh at this image.

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The sooner gets it. This is how things are.

3 hours ago, Cashcar said:

552CA1C7-B64D-4883-A0B5-CFB847F1C77C.jpeg

I also never fail to laugh at this one.

3 hours ago, cdain3 said:

504488c2-e6d8-4352-8849-cf45a4fd9de0_tex

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Ohhhhh this is delicious….

“You knew disruption was coming,” says one college administrator. “At the end of the day, it’s all going to be about money.”

The report stunned Bjork, he says.

In fact, as The Houston Chronicle’s story published at about 2:40 p.m. local time, Bjork was speaking to two reporters, shooting the you-know-what about everything in college athletics (oddly enough, much of the conversation centered on the long-running feud between the Aggies and Longhorns—they haven’t played since A&M left the Big 12 in 2012).

In the middle of the conversation, Bjork’s phone buzzed and up flashed the caller ID: It was school president Katherine Banks.

“I’ve got to take this,” Bjork said, “it’s the boss.”

Banks, his own president, informed Bjork of the story in a 10-minute phone call that unfolded just before his head football coach, Jimbo Fisher, took the main stage for his appearance at SEC media days. 

Minutes later, the AD stepped into a dimly lit hallway here, smiled and delivered an unmistakable message to a group of reporters, jump starting one of the more bizarre days to ever transpire at this event.

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2021/07/22/texas-oklahoma-sec-inquiry-stuns-sec-texas-am?__twitter_impression=true

And we all know what Bjork said right after that…wow…

My favorite bit of delusion from this: "That’s why we left, to have our own identity. We’re a flagship university."

No. You're not. Like the Sooner above said... you were a pawn to make this happen. Part of a 40-year-long attempt by the SEC to drag us in. And yeah, you finally made it possible. But you were duped. You were always a means to an end, you poor delusional fools.

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

If this is the case, it is done and over and A&M has no pull in the SEC and no one should be surprised.

Knew it as soon as I heard A&M was leaving for the SEC. It was known.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m pretty sure that ESPN would discontinue LHN and roll the leftover contract into the SEC network numbers to facilitate this and allocate those t3 rights and funds to all SEC members. 

Yeah, people who are thinking about the LHN being a speed bump forget that ESPN owns both the LHN and the SEC. They will figure this out.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Um... Saban didn't make Bama, chief. 

True. But it had been a long, long time since Bear Bryant, with a bright blip of Gene Stallings in the wasteland in-between.

32 minutes ago, runthebone said:

This dumb sooner doesn't know what happened next?

OU isn't exactly known for being one of the better institutions of higher learning, ya know.

Also, the reason nobody's bringing up "academics" is that the Big XII is, even including UT, among the bottom of all conferences in that department. We're basically it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The most disappointing thing about this news is how many on here were apparently closeted on their desire to play aggy again. After they bitched and threatened state legislature action if we left, the hypocrits bailed themselves as soon as they got an invite. Then Case and Tucker shoved a derp derp pineapple up their ass as a parting gift. 

I hope we never play them again and they have to live with their all time win-loss against us and the memory of Case’s face. I guess the best scenario is aggy steps on their own dick and gets kicked out of the SEC, but I don’t see how that could happen contractually. At a minimum, I hope we don’t renew the thanksgiving tradition (cwidt?) with them in order to not make them feel more important than they are. Sadly, we have some alumni and a lot of tshirt fans who have been wanting to play aggy again for several years. These idiots of our own plus all aggy will make it difficult to avoid playing them on thanksgiving. 

If aggy threatens to quit the SEC, I’m sure there will be others willing to take the 16th spot. 
College Football GIF by Oklahoma State University

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The most disappointing thing about this news is how many on here were apparently closeted on their desire to play aggy again. After they bitched and threatened state legislature action if we left, the hypocrits bailed themselves as soon as they got an invite. Then Case and Tucker shoved a derp derp pineapple up their ass as a parting gift. 

I hope we never play them again and they have to live with their all time win-loss against us and the memory of Case’s face. I guess the best scenario is aggy steps on their own dick and gets kicked out of the SEC, but I don’t see how that could happen contractually. At a minimum, I hope we don’t renew the thanksgiving tradition (cwidt?) with them in order to not make them feel more important than they are. Sadly, we have some alumni and a lot of tshirt fans who have been wanting to play aggy again for several years. These idiots of our own plus all aggy will make it difficult to avoid playing them on thanksgiving. 

If aggy threatens to quit the SEC, I’m sure there will be others willing to take the 16th spot. 
College Football GIF by Oklahoma State University

don’t be a pussy. we’re playing them and we’ll win more than we lose. 

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

don’t be a pussy. we’re playing them and we’ll win more than we lose. 

Obviously we will continue winning 75% of the time. The point was they hypocritically bailed on us and should be blackballed for their fucktardness. They having the taste of Casein their mouth for eternity was the icing on the cake and borderline erotic or however fat fuck arky said it. 

New levels of LOLZ if they end up getting tossed back in with Baylor, Tech, and UH. 

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you can blame Neb and aggy.  Neb got pissy because they could see they were heading south.  SEC knew they could goad lil brother by saying "you can chart your own course, only state of Texas SEC team, you don't need them, etc".  Aggy bought it hook line and sinker.  why? because they are aggy.

SEC knew Texas wouldn't move without OU or aggy.  their best shot was convincing the slowest kid he could be the leader.

That wasn't the sales pitch they gave them. Or if it was, they knew better. A&M was the SEC's second choice, at best, to get a foothold in Texas.

We were always the prize, dating back to the 80s.

Sensing a lot of hand-wringing about increased competition. 

The way I see it, and the way it's been historically, is that Texas either has it or we don't. Not sure why it would be any different now. 

The DKR teams in the 60s and 70 would have got it done in any conference in the country. Aker's best teams in the early 80s would have played ball with and likely come out on top against the SEC at the time just fine. 

The '01 Horns would have had a great shot at getting to the title game against an SEC schedule. As would the '04 team. The '05 Horns would have put a dick so far up the SEC's ass that year that they would have had to rewrite their conference bylaws. The '08 team would have been a conflip against UF for the MNC appearance - the '09 team would have probably ran the table just fine or maybe taken a loss and gotten back to the MNC and won it. 

Historically - when we've had it going on - it either hasn't made a shit or we've gotten snakebit. Why should it be any different now - especially with the increased advantages of dumptrucks full of NIL money and the pro-SEC bias that we've rightfully bitched about for so many years?

Fuck aggy and arky they've never been shit. Fuck OU - they're a regional Cinderella that can't get over the hump nationally. Fuck Bama, too - Saban isn't coaching forever. 

Let's go claim what's ours. Being the marquee college football program in the country. Maybe we can get a head start the next couple of years by making some noise on the national stage before the B12 kicks the bucket. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 9

4 hours ago, Cashcar said:

552CA1C7-B64D-4883-A0B5-CFB847F1C77C.jpeg

I was at this game. Years later it is even worse than when it happened.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

67119FFA-F00E-4C0F-98F9-131CD7619604.png

negged for screenshotting trash on the board

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well then, it's been a full day, and nobody seems to be fighting back, so I guess it's really gonna happen. Better start brushing up your "S-E-C" chants after mocking it for so long. Don't even pretend that it's not going to happen. The majority of surly posters probably won't, but you know goddamned well a vast majority of the 100K in attendance will, because that's just what you do. 

I love the crying over NIL and player compensation as though it would "kill college football." TV contracts and realignment are what is really going to kill it, rest assure. The only solace I might take is that OU flames out whenever they play an SEC school in the playoff. I can only hope this means they lose more often. I don't like losing to OU, but it is better playing them then Tulsa and Eastern State Teaching College, where we'll probably end up. 

Goddamnit, if we are relegated, I'm done with college sports. Maybe sports entirely. Just make the football players contract employees, this shit has nothing to do with schools as academic institutions. It's officially a minor league and some of those extra billions of dollars better go to the players who create that wealth.

You could always just become a Texas fan 🤘 (no Texas fan will ever chant S-E-C)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Disturbing amount of random aggy love in that thread, and though I admittedly didnt go past 14 pages, they still seem to be clueless it was an aggy shill who leaked the story hoping to wreck the chances of it actually happening.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I was at this game. Years later it is even worse than when it happened.

negged for screenshotting trash on the board

You could always just become a Texas fan 🤘

I will never chant SEC. I doubt any Texas fans at DKR will be eager to, either. Stache seems out of touch with the Texas fanbase. I've been at Texas games where the fans barely participate in the pro-Texas chants. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Holy shit -- this is really Liucci these days?

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 12.06.00 AM.png

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

rick james cocaine GIF

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Bill Murray Yes GIF by IFC

50 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eb69e16be46b06a389200f34e497a0b9.jpeg

I had to collect all of these in one post because holy hell, they were great responses.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Sensing a lot of hand-wringing about increased competition. 

Really? I mean, I’m not trying to argue, but I don’t sense it. Then again, it’s 1:15am in my world and I’m pretty tired so maybe not keeping up. At any rate, I’m sure not scared. I feel like for the better part of 20+ years I’ve been watching Texas teams play at the level of that of their opponent. Instead of going out and playing their game and simply exerting their will, they fell into the trap of “taking what the opponent gives us”. If playing sitter competition wakes ‘em up. I’m here for it. LFG.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, NTVTXN said:

Really? I mean, I’m not trying to argue, but I don’t sense it. Then again, it’s 1:15am in my world and I’m pretty tired so maybe not keeping up. At any rate, I’m sure not scared. I feel like for the better part of 20+ years I’ve been watching Texas teams play at the level of that of their opponent. Instead of going out and playing their game and simply exerting their will, they fell into the trap of “taking what the opponent gives us”. If playing sitter competition wakes ‘em up. I’m here for it. LFG.

Should have replaced a lot with some. But I guarantee there are a bunch of Horns fans out there sweating this a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ll absolutely do it the first time we go in balls deep on aggy.  Instead of poor aggies it will be sec-sec-sec.

I could see this being repeated ad nausea…

all the old Horns fans..”Pooooorrrr agggyyy” 

All the kids…“sec-sec-sec!”

Olds- ”Pooooorrrr agggyyy” 

Kids, “sec-sec-sec!”

”Pooooorrrr agggyyy” 

“sec-sec-sec!”

I’d love it.

Edited by NTVTXN
Spelling is hard and it’s 1:30a…🥱😴
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ll absolutely do it the first time we go in balls deep on aggy.  Instead of poor aggies it will be sec-sec-sec.

no - you won't, poor aggy > "S-E-C"

Just now, ztejas said:

Oh man. I hadn't considered this. 

Because it's stupid and not going to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

no - you won't, poor aggy > "S-E-C"

Because it's stupid and not going to happen.

Ha, you just negged me for a pretty innocuous joke on the recruiting board and you’re pissy over here for some reason?

Seems like you’re in a bad mood, did you just order a shit load of Big12 branded Surly merch or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Since Mizzou wanted the Big 10 in the first place, if this shit is really happening, I hope they take them this time with KU to get to 16, and we (OSU) tags along to sec west. Arkansas is closer to Stillwater than any other big 12 member other than OU, and many arkys live in this state. Just spitballing ways to not get relegated.

Agreed, let's have Oklahoma/ Oklahoma State & Texas/ Texas A&M on Thanksgiving weekend...
Also don't forget the outside shot Vanderbilt is like 'furk this, I'm out' on full pay for play model...

I find it funny PAC as w/o plan ('A' or 'B'), turn OU/ OSU down in 2010, grab TCU & Tech in 2021..?
Welp, hope that works out for 'em, I think Kansas is a lock for B1G (& as said, opens up Mizzou)...

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well... neither of us went to UT. That's more what I was getting at. 

Well, fine. I went to UT. I won't ever chant "sec". I want Texas to win, and Texas doesn't win vicariously through its conference foes. I don't root for OU to win in the cfb playoffs, either, because fuck ou.

Other teams are perfectly welcome to chant that while we steal their lunch money and fuck their girlfriends, though. I won't judge them for doing that any more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Obviously we will continue winning 75% of the time. [b]The point was they hypocritically bailed on us and should be blackballed for their fucktardness. [/b]They having the taste of Casein their mouth for eternity was the icing on the cake and borderline erotic or however fat fuck arky said it. 

New levels of LOLZ if they end up getting tossed back in with Baylor, Tech, and UH. 

Pretending A&M is going to be forced out or leave the SEC is just pure ridiculous fantasy. 

What does blackballing A&M look like?  Staying somewhere where we make less revenue?  In a place that's less attractive to top level recruits? Allow them to continue improving, keep getting better recruits, and upping their profile by marketing themselves as the only Texas SEC team?  Who wins by us boycotting A&M?

I get that we still are a top brand that still makes a shit ton of money and can still recruit well, but it's harder in this conference now and we have a lot less  fewer wins and the program has lost some of its shine over the past decade.  Let's put on our big boy pants and just play A&M.  I was very much a proponent of fixing the Big 12 and hated the idea winding up in the SEC until about a year or so ago when it became clear that there are few options short of former Big 12 schools or Arkansas returning that could put this conference on a higher level. 

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

you can blame Neb and aggy.  Neb got pissy because they could see they were heading south.  SEC knew they could goad lil brother by saying "you can chart your own course, only state of Texas SEC team, you don't need them, etc".  Aggy bought it hook line and sinker.  why? because they are aggy.

SEC knew Texas wouldn't move without OU or aggy.  their best shot was convincing the slowest kid he could be the leader.

You guys are no better.  Enjoy yourselves.  It's 4AM and I'm awake, nauseous, and just incredibly sad.  You won't ever know this pain.  You can't fathom it.  Be grateful.

The biggest mistake we ever made was not bailing on Nebraska and OU back in the 50's when we had a chance to go to the Big 10.  Our entire university, the community of Ames, and to a smaller extent the state economy will pay dearly for that decision in the coming months.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I will never chant SEC. I doubt any Texas fans at DKR will be eager to, either. Stache seems out of touch with the Texas fanbase. I've been at Texas games where the fans barely participate in the pro-Texas chants. 

OU fans were chanting at the Florida beatdown last season. I bet if you guys were kicking Georgia's ass again, you'd be chanting it (or someone would), Especially if we were in that conference. That mockery perhaps has an end date. But it's not anytime soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You guys are no better.  Enjoy yourselves.  It's 4AM and I'm awake, nauseous, and just incredibly sad.  You won't ever know this pain.  You can't fathom it.  Be grateful.

The biggest mistake we ever made was not bailing on Nebraska and OU back in the 50's when we had a chance to go to the Big 10.  Our entire university, the community of Ames, and to a smaller extent the state economy will pay dearly for that decision in the coming months.

Why wouldn't Iowa State just join the Big 10 now if TEXAS and blOU go to SEC??

5 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

we should know something on this pretty quick

https://static.big12sports.com/custompages/pdfs/handbook/bylaws.pdf

the Big 12 bylaws

some important parts here

SECTION 3WITHDRAWAL AND SANCTIONS

Each Member acknowledges and agrees that the Withdrawal of a Member and the payment of the Buyout Amount and implementation of the provisions of these Bylaws does not abrogate the obligations of such Withdrawing Member (as defined below) pursuant to that certain Amended and Restated Grant of Rights Agreement dated effective as of July 1, 2012, or any replacement or extension thereof or other agreement pursuant to which such Member grants the right to telecast some or all of its sporting events to the Conference (a “Grant of Rights Agreement”). The Grant of Rights Agreement which will remain in full force and effect as to such Withdrawing Member and the Withdrawing Member shall continue to be fully bound under the Grant of Rights Agreement after Withdrawal for the remainder of the term of any Grant of Rights Agreement as if it remained a Member of the Conference, but the Withdrawing Member shall not be entitled to payment of any amounts or any other benefits arising under the Grant of Rights Agreement after Withdrawal

(C) if a third party offers to, or attempts to induce a Member to, leave the Conference and/or breach or not to fully perform its future obligations under the Grant of Rights Agreement and the Member does not both (1) inform the Conference of such action as promptly as possible (but in any event not later than twelve (12) hours after such action) and (2) immediately and unconditionally reject that offer in a form and manner reasonably acceptable to the Commissioner; or (D) if a Member otherwise takes or fails to take actions that are determined by a Supermajority of Disinterested Directors to be contrary to the best interests of the Conference taken as a whole.

Buyout Amount. Any Withdrawing Member shall pay to the Conference a commitment buyout fee (the “Buyout Amount”) in an amount equal to the sum of the amount of distributions that otherwise would be paid to the Member during the final two years of its membership in the Conference. The Withdrawing Member shall be deemed to have agreed to forfeit all distributions of any type that otherwise would have been made to the Withdrawing Member during the Interim Period (the “Distribution Withholding”) and the Conference shall not pay the Distribution Withholding to the Withdrawing Member. A Withdrawing Member agrees to pay to the Conference the amount by which the Buyout Amount exceeds the Distribution Withholding, with such payment to be made not later than the Effective Date. In addition, if (A) by legal action or otherwise, a Withdrawing Member, or any other person or entity, attempts to challenge or oppose or interfere with, or challenges or opposes or interferes with, (i) the payment of the Buyout Amount by the Withdrawing Member or the withholding of the Distribution Withholding by the Conference, (ii) the enforcement by the Conference of its rights under the Grant of Rights Agreement or the performance by the Withdrawing Member of its obligations under the Grant of Rights Agreement, or (iii) the right of the Conference’s telecast partners to televise games of the Withdrawing Member under the terms of the Grant of Rights Agreement during its then-remaining term; or (B) for any other reason the Conference’s telecast partners are unable to produce and telecast games of the Withdrawing Member during the then-remaining term of the Grant of Rights Agreement or the Conference is unable to realize the revenues relating to those games from its telecast partners, then the Members agree that such actions, in breach of the Withdrawing Member’s agreements in these Bylaws, cause additional damage to the Conference and therefore that the Buyout Amount shall be increased by, and shall also include, and the Withdrawing Member shall be obligated to pay to the Conference immediately upon the occurrence of any of the foregoing events, the amount of all actual loss, damage, costs, or expenses whatsoever (including but not limited to lost revenues, damage to reputation and public image, and damage to relationships with related parties) incurred by the Conference or any of its remaining Members directly or indirectly related to that challenge or opposition, whether economic or otherwise.Each of the Members agrees that Withdrawal of a Member contrary to its commitment to the Conference and the other Members pursuant to Section 3.1 above would cause damage and financial hardship to the Conference and the other Members without regard to the continued enforcement of the Grant of Rights Agreement, that the financial consequences to the Conference and its remaining Members cannot be measured or estimated with certainty at this time, and that the payment of the Buyout Amount is a reasonable method of compensating the Conference and the other Members for such damage and financial hardship and shall not be construed as a penalty.

so basically Texas and OU have 12 hours to inform the conference that they are talking to anyone about leaving and failure to do so gets them removed from voting on any conference business.....they also have to reject those offers in a manner acceptable to the conference or they cannot vote on conference business

and the exit fee is 2 years prior revenues and there are additional penalties for trying to get out of paying that or doing things that cause further damage

if Texas and OU are in fact talking to others and they have not given the required notice there are a lot of actions the Big 12 an take and I do not think that would look good in any forthcoming lawsuit

Texas and OU are probably going to have to pay a lot of money to leave especially if they have not done things properly I don't think this will be a case of getting the exit fee cut in half or getting it down to 75% like Maryland did.....all the more so if there was no 12 hour notice

this could be anywhere from $60 million to $90+ million for Texas and OU to leave depending on the amounts paid by the conference the prior two years and how much anyone and everyone wants to fight in court.......which I think the other 8 members of the Big 12 will be up for a pretty big fight

the Big 12 can also refuse to televise games of the members leaving if they are in violation of the contract

Anyone else come across these banal, long-winded soliloquies from BF and start furiously scrolling assuming they are preambles to one of RD's interminable diatribes? I can't be the only one.

• Hook 'Em 1