Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

7 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Exactly.  But many have found the middle ground.  "I'm was against it, but am now for it because it makes aggie posters upset on the internet."

Like that's a valid reason to make a decision.

We're also accepting the reality of the situation. As others said, NIL changed everything. 

SEC played the long game to court us and won. 

Watching aggy squirm is just a bonus.

aggy misery is a hell of a drug.

Isn't that human nature? This board has mocked SEC for a long time and aggys "hunert year decision" yet here we are.
I will continue to mock the SEC just like I never stopped with the Big12...the exception being when straight talking a dumb aggy.

8 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Exactly.  But many have found the middle ground.  "I'm was against it, but am now for it because it makes aggie posters upset on the internet."

Like that's a valid reason to make a decision.

But wait...that pretty much IS the reason I made my decision to be "for it"

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh boy. I cannot wait to have to endure these psychos in person again. I know there are cool A&M fans but fuck the insanity was so tiresome. Are they going to be parading down Congress Avenue again soon?

The Pride march still happens. 

• Haha 1

What happened to the "Tech problem" we had in 2010?

https://www.dispatch.com/article/20100604/SPORTS/306049719

A decision about expanding the Big Ten might be months away, but e-mail conversations indicate that the University of Texas is an object of the conference’s attention. And the school’s athletic director isn’t making a commitment to stay in the Big 12.

Ohio State University President E. Gordon Gee sent an e-mail to Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany on April 20 saying that he had spoken with Texas President William Powers.

“I did speak with Bill Powers at Texas, who would welcome a call to say they have a ‘Tech’ problem,” Gee wrote in an e-mail that was among several obtained by The Dispatch through a public-records request for documents and correspondence related to Big Ten expansion proposals.

Just now, JFKFC said:

A decision about expanding the Big Ten might be months away, but e-mail conversations indicate that the University of Texas is an object of the conference’s attention. And the school’s athletic director isn’t making a commitment to stay in the Big 12.

Ohio State University President E. Gordon Gee sent an e-mail to Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany on April 20 saying that he had spoken with Texas President William Powers.

“I did speak with Bill Powers at Texas, who would welcome a call to say they have a ‘Tech’ problem,” Gee wrote in an e-mail that was among several obtained by The Dispatch through a public-records request for documents and correspondence related to Big Ten expansion proposals.

Powers was referring to a Wi-Fi issue.  Has since been upgraded.  All good.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, going to the SEC will mean more $$$ deals for our players.

A Texas team averaging over 10 wins and competing for conference and playoffs could be the most high profile brand even if it were in the Sunbelt.

Conference affiliation has not been the issue. If Sark turns this thing around, our players and fans will be ridiculous, insufferable, and swimming in accolades.

Losing to Maryland and needing miracle wins against Tech and Kansas has relegated us and our brand.

In the long run, I think college football needs to remain National and moving Texas and OU to the SEC makes it less so in my opinion.

Im still with a Pac12 move to save college football from going NASCAR.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Just a guess? We stroll tried to do right by our partners in state and the legislature actually covered more of our budget as a university. And we probably didn’t view the situation as “us or them.”

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

You're gonna need a translator.  Also, how long before he's asleep in his chair and trollies into an embankment?

I used to be married to an East Texas family.  My redneck is rusty, but I'll get by.

And I'm likely the one to crash us into an embankment. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

In the long run, I think college football needs to remain National and moving Texas and OU to the SEC makes it less so in my opinion.

Football can remain national with marquee OOC matchups. I'm a Pac 12 fan but that is not going to get a high profile recruit to come to Texas over Alabama, LSU, and even aggy. They want to play in the best conference that puts you in the NFL. That's not the Pac 12. They are not relevant in football. Sure, us and OU could go and make that happen or we would just further the gap between us and the SEC teams. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

A Texas team averaging over 10 wins and competing for conference and playoffs could be the most high profile brand even if it were in the Sunbelt.

Conference affiliation has not been the issue. If Sark turns this thing around, our players and fans will be ridiculous, insufferable, and swimming in accolades.

Losing to Maryland and needing miracle wins against Tech and Kansas has relegated us and our brand.

I have always preferred a move to the PAC, if we were to move at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Not a fan of PAC and having to play games in the shithole state of California. I prefer Southern shithole states. At least they're closer.

hmmmm... Lets see.. Pasadena or Tuscaloosa. Sunday Lunch in Malibu or Mobile? 

Will moving to the SEC just mean we get 1 or 2 good games a day? I would rather see more football than just SEC football. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

TxLege.....

Replies are outstanding...SIAP but this is moving really fast for a roughly decade old thread...lol...

At least he got the flagship part right. I remember all of the transparency of the Aggie move so well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

If only. Pussy always wins and I am not liking this latest development.

I definitely warmed up to the new Big XII as the only thing that kind of resembled one of the classic College Sports conferences. Where everybody plays each other every year and so forth. And it was our league where we were the big brand. But now we are probably going to be in somebody else's league. It sucks. It kind of feels like we have been defeated and just joining somebody else to do all the heavy lifting.

But at the end of the day it is just all about money and doing what is best for Texas and OU, and Texas and OU got together and made the Big 12 back in the 1990s so I guess now they will destroy it here in the 2020s. Or maybe it wasn't us and OU but the TV execs who just decided "No we are not going to pay for the Big 12, break that shit up right now and give us our super conferences" and we had no choice. Who knows? Well somebody does, but not me.

I feel bad for the other schools in the league, except Baylor. All the non-Baylor schools deserved better.

I guess we cannot make it on our own and time to go hide under Bama's skirts and suck SEC cock like the rest of the country.

It sucks. I hate everything about it. But at the end of the day what I think doesn't matter. I will have to come to terms with it.

And now we are looking at two or three more seasons hanging out in the Big 12 with OU and the schools we fucked over. Like having to live with your Ex for a few years while your divorce is pending. That should be fun.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Speaking of flipping, this board's opinion of being in the SEC since yesterday afternoon....

There has always been a majority here that was in favor of us moving to the SEC.  Or a plurality, at a minimum.  Many of the rest of us now just realize that it may be inevitable, even if we are not thrilled with it.  What we do like is the fact that it will piss aggy off to no end.  That's just pure entertainment, fun for the whole family.

47 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Isn't that human nature? This board has mocked SEC for a long time and aggys "hunert year decision" yet here we are.

We have heartily mocked aggy's love of the SECSECSEC above all, celebrating any championship won by a sister school almost like one of their own.  And there has been a lot of angst and resentment over the ESPN knob-slobbing of the SEC.  I don't think you can fairly say that there has been any widespread mocking of the SEC in general.  Why would there be?  It's a damn good conference.

Mocking aggy's Hundred Year Decision is another matter altogether.  Many here have contested, ever since it happened, that aggy was simply trying to get out of Big Brother's shadow.  Ross Bork confirmed that 100% yesterday.

aggy deserves every bit of mocking we throw their way.

• Hook 'Em 1