Popular Singers/Bands You Can't Stand

cabowabo

I can't stand Weezer now.  They are the Star Wars of bands.  Came out with a couple of superb efforts decades ago, and somehow I keep tricking myself into checking out the new stuff thinking "maybe they'll remember what made it good back in the day."  Nope.  New stuff is embarrassingly bad.

• Like 1

Oh, I'm gonna get kicked in the nuts for this one, but Bob Dylan.
Nothing against the guy and I know he's a great writer, but fuck I can't shut the sound off fast enough when he comes on.
Go ahead Surly, do your worst.

I like Bob Dylan songs as long as they are played by someone else.
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

The answer is Journey.  There is no substitute for suckness that is that band, now and forever more.

That Escape cassette dropped a lot of high school panties in '82 and '83 and for that I am very grateful.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2019 at 2:09 PM, Tom said:

I can't stand Weezer now.  They are the Star Wars of bands.  Came out with a couple of superb efforts decades ago, and somehow I keep tricking myself into checking out the new stuff thinking "maybe they'll remember what made it good back in the day."  Nope.  New stuff is embarrassingly bad.

And it's been that bad for a good 15 years.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

And it's been that bad for a good 15 years.

I'll give them credit for one good effort with the White Album.  It was an effort to return to their roots.  Everything else after 1997 has been awful.  

On 1/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

The answer is Journey.  There is no substitute for suckness that is that band, now and forever more.

Hey, we agree on something.  Journey is the epitome of bland dad rock and "Don't Stop Believing" is probably the worst hit song of all time.  You should be embarrassed if you think this is good music.

I fucking hate "Don't Stop Believing".  It's not that there's anything inherently offensive about the song, but it's just so fucking bland, and you can't be in a bar full of white people born between 1975 and 1990 without hearing it, and 95% of the people in said bar screaming along at the top of their lungs.