Popular Singers/Bands You Can't Stand

cabowabo

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:
I don't believe this for a fucking second.

Name a few others that would be mainstream. I might have heard some that i didn't know it was him. But that's the only song that I definitely know that's his.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

The Eagles and KISS are at the tip top of my list.

Bon Jovi, Foreigner, Kansas, Boston, Styxx, Steve Miller and all that other terrible shit is just under them.

The Eagles and Boston are kick ass bands. Kansas early on was solid.

Agree on Bon Jovi and Foreigner. Terrible music besides a few tracks.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I've heard of One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer but not by him. It was a black, blues artist. Is Thorogood the original artist of that song? I have also heard I Drink Alone and Who Do You Love. Didn't know those were his tracks. Thanks.

John Lee Hooker

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Disagree. Just because other bands are influenced by a particular band, that doesn’t make that band part of the genre. To my ears, and most anyone else who likes heavy music, pantera doesn’t sound anything like Korn or Limp Bizkit, etc. Stick to fat cholas dude, you are without a doubt an expert on that subject.

Agreed

I can pretty much get behind most good music, even if it isn't my particular cup of tea. That said, I can't fucking stand the cure and their whiny ass shit. Hated them then and still hate them now.

Also, every bro country doosh who ever lived or is going to live.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I can pretty much get behind most good music, even if it isn't my particular cup of tea. That said, I can't fucking stand the cure and their whiny ass shit. Hated them then and still hate them now.

Bro country is definitely the worst.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 9:12 PM, cabowabo said:

I fucking hate Dave Matthews with every fiber of my being.  It's a shame we lose bands like SRV and Lynard Skynard to aviation accidents, and this mother fucker probably flies around the world in his GV without issue. 

Saw a dmb cover band and they were way better than the original. 

6 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Yes the fucking smiths too. Although I will admit How Soon is Now is a pretty bad ass song, but the lyrics make me want to stab myself.

The thing is: Morrisey sucks but Johnny Marr fucking rocks.  So the Smiths is a mixed bag.  Great music, embarrassing lyrics and god-awful vocals.  

Yeah put me down for Morrissey/The Smiths as well. Seemed like everyone was into them during my college years (early 90s) and I just didn't get it. Can't stand his singing style. However, I agree that How Soon is Now is a good song and Johnny Marr is a great guitarist.

There are a couple of cure songs I like but I never seek them out. But totally 100% agree on bro country. In fact, I think we should sterilize anyone who likes that shit.