Popular Singers/Bands You Can't Stand

cabowabo

• 2 months later...

Late to this part of the conversation but The Cure was a band that I used to not like then I realized that actually I love them like they're one of "my" bands.  I get being turned off by some of the schtick, but I love melodic pop and they are great.  They have hooks jammed into everything.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, I Got Worms said:

Smiths/Cure hate makes me sad. 

I frequent an arcade/ throwback pinball place that has about 12 songs by The Smiths on jukebox( they list songs album style.)  Every once in a while, some sumbeech will come in there and pick all of the songs in a row.  I feel suicidal by the end of that run.  It's merciless.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Tylerocks said:

The Eagles and KISS are at the tip top of my list.

Bon Jovi, Foreigner, Kansas, Boston, Styxx, Steve Miller and all that other terrible shit is just under them.

If you're old enough to have hated them what the fuck did you listen to? Duran Duran?

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe the worst opinion ever expressed on this board outside of Cloak Room.

Umm yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and .... disagree with you.....  I remember when she was forced on the radio public.  I couldn't change a channel fast enough when her songs came on the radio.  It's all personal opinion though, so whatever floats yer boat.

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Umm yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and .... disagree with you.....  I remember when she was forced on the radio public.  I couldn't change a channel fast enough when her songs came on the radio.  It's all personal opinion though, so whatever floats yer boat.

I will say that I Love Rock and Roll is my least favorite song of hers. 

47 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I will say that I Love Rock and Roll is my least favorite song of hers. 

Now yer learnin' boy-o.......  Yeah, that one makes my skin crawl.  I believe that one they'd edit for each city, add a geographical feature of a town and work it into the song.  She's generally given a lot of credit as one of the strong female rockers of the 80's, just not my cup of tea.

1 hour ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I actually went the other way on the Police. Used to dislike but now I like. I understand why you wouldn’t, though.

I wouldn’t say I “hate” or “can’t stand” them, but I definitely cannot get into The National because of Matt Berninger’s voice.

This may be an age thing.  Stewart Copeland was a huge counterbalance to the douchiness of Sting, and a prominent if not dominant musical part of The Police.  If you came to The Police through Sting, you may hate them.  If the other way around, as in the case of posters of a certain age, The Police are awesome, despite Sting.

• Like 2

This may be an age thing.  Stewart Copeland was a huge counterbalance to the douchiness of Sting, and a prominent if not dominant musical part of The Police.  If you came to The Police through Sting, you may hate them.  If the other way around, as in the case of posters of a certain age, The Police are awesome, despite Sting.

Probably, because I do think Copeland is great.

Synchronicity and Ghost in the Machine are also recorded/mastered pretty well, so I enjoy listening to them.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Thank you. Thought of that about a nano second after reading his post.  The sentiment isn't that far off base though for a shit load of songs out there with rock and roll as or in the title.

You weren't totally wrong.  I couldn't believe you didn't include Gary Glitter.

Elvis Costello - I would love to smash his stupid fucking face in 

Steely Dan

Prince

Neil Young 

I would like to do the same to you for putting the legendary Neil Young in your list. Jesus christo...you’ve put three of the most talented musicians/bands in history in your list. Who do you like exactly?

Reading this thread has given me a head ache. People hating artists like Neil Young, U2, SRV, The Smiths, The Cure, Springsteen, The Police, Bad Company etc

This is a correct list:

Dave Matthews

Steve Miller

Kansas

Styx

Bon Jovi

Nickelback

Creed

All Bro Country

All Hip Hop

3/4th of all Rap

3/4th of today’s Pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I got into The Police ~ 1980, and they immediately became (and continue to be) one of my all-time favorites.  While I do think Sting can be kind of a dick, it's not as if Copeland was terribly diplomatic, and he's kind of a spaz (which is reflected in his playing).

When it's all said and done, all 3 guys are huge talents in their own way.  Summers was probably the best pure musician, but man, those songs (Sting).  And Copeland's drumming, spazzy as it could get, is just too unique to deny.  His incorporation of Lebanese drops on the kick was genius, even if it was just a natural byproduct of his upbringing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I would like to do the same to you for putting the legendary Neil Young in your list. Jesus christo...you’ve put three of the most talented musicians/bands in history in your list. Who do you like exactly?

Unfortunately sometimes Dead heads go talent deaf....

Hey-zeus Christos.... Neil Young and Elvis C.  as hate ?  man, that's some seriously wrongly directed hate, but to each his own.  I get Steely Dan, some people just don't get them, they're a bit exotic.  They're on my all time great list. I've got every album up to Gaucho, that's when they jumped the shark IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I got into The Police ~ 1980, and they immediately became (and continue to be) one of my all-time favorites.  While I do think Sting can be kind of a dick, it's not as if Copeland was terribly diplomatic, and he's kind of a spaz (which is reflected in his playing).

When it's all said and done, all 3 guys are huge talents in their own way.  Summers was probably the best pure musician, but man, those songs (Sting).  And Copeland's drumming, spazzy as it could get, is just too unique to deny.  His incorporation of Lebanese drops on the kick was genius, even if it was just a natural byproduct of his upbringing.

I just mean that Sting started to take himself a bit seriously there at the end, and in his solo career.  I don't hate him, but I'm not going to disagree with anyone that calls him a self-important douche.  And if you formed your opinion of Sting before you considered The Police, I can understand why you might think they suck too, especially if you confine yourself to end-stage Police.