Texas @ UTRGV Game Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Nice job, Zane. Stepping up to the Tuesday starter job would be most welcome.

It'd be very nice to have a consistently reliable fourth SP. Granted, Texas doesn't have a consistently reliable second SP.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Rage+1 1

Does Stehly seem like he is in a semi slump?   I know he was hitting around 450, and he had a good final game against baylor, but i am thinking his average has dropped about 40 points the last 2-3 weeks, started against KSU.   I know he spoiled me up until then, and i know it's baseball.   Anyone else feel this way?      Fire away

5 minutes ago, orangeut said:

Does Stehly seem like he is in a semi slump?   I know he was hitting around 450, and he had a good final game against baylor, but i am thinking his average has dropped about 40 points the last 2-3 weeks, started against KSU.   I know he spoiled me up until then, and i know it's baseball.   Anyone else feel this way?      Fire away

Nope. He's been hitting ropes right at the LF. Nothing you can do about that.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Did Craig and co. say earlier that people think Texas should be a 2 or 3-seed in a regional? Or did I miss more words after Texas and they were referring to another school?

D1 Baseball apparently said today that we wouldn't be hosting a regional.  Did we fall that far?  We are still ranked 10 for fuck's sake!

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

D1 Baseball apparently said today that we wouldn't be hosting a regional.  Did we fall that far?  We are still ranked 10 for fuck's sake!

Huh, we'll see. Maybe if they do indeed finish conference play in fourth, but there's still a lot left.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

With our RPI and SOS, if we win 40 games (we are at 30 right now with 13 games including tonight), we are a lock to host and are probably in the conversation for a national seed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I grew up down there, but haven’t been to this new ballpark in Edinburg.   But from what I see on TV, I liked the old Jody Ramsey more than this one.  It was minor league park built on the cheap by city and whatever Indy league that had teams around the state a few years back and it look like it.  

Nothing beats Harlingen field. WhiteWings 4 life.