Cereal for orange juice. What says surly?

crash_davis

https://www.econotimes.com/Tropicana-creates-cereal-to-be-mixed-specifically-with-orange-juice-1632190

Tropicana will release a cereal specifically intended to mix with orange juice instead of milk, in honor of National Orange Juice Day on May 4.

Dubbed the Tropicana Crunch, it is touted as "the first-ever breakfast cereal created to pair with Tropicana Pure Premium.

TropicanaCrunch.com will be the only place to get the odd cereal. Starting on May 4, the juice company will give away boxes for free while supplies last.

Tropicana Crunch is described on the box as a "honey almond cereal," and the website claims that it has honey almond clusters.

After experimenting with various flavors and textures, Tropicana decided on a granola-based cereal because it can resist the acidity in OJ better than flakes, which would become soggy more rapidly.

The honey almond flavor was chosen to counteract the tartness of the orange juice.

Tropicana has taken a bold attempt to address some of orange juice's perceived faults for the second time in the last year with the orange juice matching cereal. Tropicana Toothpaste was produced last year as a limited-edition giveaway of a toothpaste that was specifically designed to keep your orange juice tasting good after brushing your teeth.

maxres2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

59 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Tropicana Toothpaste was produced last year as a limited-edition giveaway of a toothpaste that was specifically designed to keep your orange juice tasting good after brushing your teeth.

Interesting. This was a problem when I was a child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

market expansion strategy. fucking millennials and whatever generation the kids are now don't seem to want to drink OJ. maybe if he hadn't kilt that white woman and her side piece....

image.thumb.png.fea32aa06d9d8b5be9134667a2ad429d.png

This millennial is doing his best to keep OJ alive 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Covri said:

I put orange juice on cheerios growing up and still do from time to time. It’s good. Apple juice also works. 

I'm guessing you also had a milk allergy as a kid? I had to occasionally suffer through both of those, but generally just avoided cereal, or just ate it dry. 

I found that Sprite and Honey Nut Cheerios is a good combination and still eat it once or twice a year. I would encourage anyone who likes sugary cereals and isn't afraid to try weird shit to give it a try, but it's obviously not for everyone. 

35 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm guessing you also had a milk allergy as a kid? I had to occasionally suffer through both of those, but generally just avoided cereal, or just ate it dry. 

I found that Sprite and Honey Nut Cheerios is a good combination and still eat it once or twice a year. I would encourage anyone who likes sugary cereals and isn't afraid to try weird shit to give it a try, but it's obviously not for everyone. 

or you could just inject diabetes directly into your veins.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

Orange juice has more sugar than milk, way more carbs than milk, less protein than milk, no calcium, but more fiber.  Pick your poison, I guess, but neither one of them have any alcohol so I don't why any of you are using them for cereal.

its-always.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/28/2022 at 2:38 AM, Deej said:

The better idea is to brush your teeth after the orange juice.

Bad idea, acid in the juice plus bacteria activity from the sugars weakens tooth enamel, and then brushing will erode it.