How drunk do you have to be to enter the cheese rolling race?

Beau Vine

I went to this about 2013. Stood at the top just because of where we parked.

https://www.gettyimages.no/event/cheese-rolling-in-wake-169675807#/contestants-in-the-mens-race-chase-a-cheese-down-the-steep-gradient-picture-id169553497

that's me in the orange behind the S in "thanks", my wife next to me for all you wanting pics.

That hill is even steeper than it looks, and it has huge ruts from erosion. Some guy stepped in a hole on a run that day and fucked his leg. It was so steep he had to kind of slide down partway to get to a spot where they could get him on a stretcher and get him the rest of the way down.

Some guy dressed in a stars and stripes body suit won his heat, first American to win.

Typical pussy Brit govt. tried to shut it down because it's too dangerous. To their credit the locals said FU and just showed up and did it, though they used a styrofoam cheese that year instead of the real thing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robin Masters said:

I....

Typical pussy Brit govt. tried to shut it down because it's too dangerous. To their credit the locals said FU and just showed up and did it, though they used a styrofoam cheese that year instead of the real thing. 

Yeah, because the real cheese was the dangerous part.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I keep thinking these are Sconnis that do this but theyre english men

We do. Just not as organized and in the winter at midnight. Suicide Hill was almost vertical. And more dangerous if using a carton from the appliance store's recycling bin instead of a toboggan.

Not finding picture of Suicide Hill. This was the bunny slope.

2bFbzfc0_o.jpg

Doing reverse doughnuts in the snowy parking lot afterwards in someone's family's minivan really heightened the sensation we were going to tip over and die. 

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Well, yeah, it was--it's a 9-lb. wheel of cheese rolling at people at 70 mph.  That's definitely the kind of thing that could fuck you up.

If someone was superhuman enough to actually get in front of the cheese on that slope, the impact wouldn't be more than an antbite