Oklahoma State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

What in the ever loving fuck happened to Aaron Nixon. He was nails last year and now seems scared to be on the mound 

he only had to go one inning or less last year most of the time.

Yesterday and today was by far the most embarrassing Texas Baseball I have ever witnessed. And I have been going to games since Clark Field. Total ass kicking (plus getting baked by the sun) yesterday and now today's bullshit implosion. Sean Allen NEEDS to be gone. Obviously he is not doing anything.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
3 hours ago, David Dennison said:
I was so excited for this season.

Same, glad a jumped on Omaha last year. That team over performed and was fun to cheer for. This team is a beating, especially with all the expectations.

Think about this team next year without the run production.  Would you like to pitch for this team without Melendez, Stehly, Messinger and Ardoin?  Faltine will improve, hopefully Daly gets back to form.  Maybe Kash and O'Dowd decide to hit for a ton of power.  This team will not score a lot of runs next year and it is obvious that everyone but Gordon is terrified to throw strikes. 

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Think about this team next year without the run production.  Would you like to pitch for this team without Melendez, Stehly, Messinger and Ardoin?  Faltine will improve, hopefully Daly gets back to form.  Maybe Kash and O'Dowd decide to hit for a ton of power.  This team will not score a lot of runs next year and it is obvious that everyone but Gordon is terrified to throw strikes. 

Faltine should be gone. 

4 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

The portal should be used very aggressively by Pierce. And not for guys like Blair. 

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

You don't want a bunch of dudes who cant locate 92mph on 0-0 and then cock-shot 88mph FB on 2-0 and 3-1?

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Can you subtly encourage dudes to use the portal? 

I want guys that are all about having fun and in the end knowing it was about the friends they made along the way. But seriously, if Pierce doesn’t revamp the entire staff he’s a dead man walking and we’ll be entering the sec with a new coach. Guys like Luke, LBJ, Zane etc should have been given more opportunities earlier in the season but instead Pierce decided to play fuzzies with Nixon and Southard. We have some young guys that can pitch if they’re allowed to develop. 

Edited by DoneWithit
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Who?  It would be nice if someone would show something because I haven't seen it.

Luke, LBJ, and Zane… like he said in the sentence before. JK
But seriously Allen has to be gone right? I’ll admit to not knowing a ton about his credentials and history before us but his results here have been atrocious. What pitchers do we feel like he’s made better since he’s been here? Every guy on the staff has taken a step back this year.

33 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Luke, LBJ, and Zane… like he said in the sentence before. JK
But seriously Allen has to be gone right? I’ll admit to not knowing a ton about his credentials and history before us but his results here have been atrocious. What pitchers do we feel like he’s made better since he’s been here? Every guy on the staff has taken a step back this year.

As someone said upthread, it appears that Pierce and Allen are joined at the hip.

11 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

I want guys that are all about having fun and in the end knowing it was about the friends they made along the way. But seriously, if Pierce doesn’t revamp the entire staff he’s a dead man walking and we’ll be entering the sec with a new coach. Guys like Luke, LBJ, Zane etc should have been given more opportunities earlier in the season but instead Pierce decided to play fuzzies with Nixon and Southard. We have some young guys that can pitch if they’re allowed to develop. 

hopefully CDC has his list together because this could be really ugly next year.  the portal and Witt are the only things that give hope.  

I will give Pierce this, 2019 was a complete dumpster fire and 2021 was great.  2022 is obviously nowhere near 2019.  If he is joined with Allen then he better coach up Allen because our staffs with him, save last year, have not been good enough. Our hitting has improved overall and I give Pierce credit for that.

5 hours ago, WBT said:

Who?  It would be nice if someone would show something because I haven't seen it.

You’ve seen nothing from a guy like Luke? Seriously? I’ll admit the list is small but there are a couple of guys that have shown good stuff. 

This shit ain't over you cocksuckers. Let's throw rocks at Pierce after the fat lady sings. 

giphy.gif

Our pen was not deep last year. The 3 guys were damn good, but it’s that lack of depth that hurt in the very end. Those 3 guys were excellent. But they also weren’t jacked around as best I recall.

Hansen was better last year. Stevens was considerably more reliable last year. Neither of these guys gave us a good start this weekend.

Now yesterday. I’m still floored/ticked at Pierces pitching decisions. It should have been Harrison or LBJ to start the 7th. I’ve been advocating 1 inning per outing, but this was a time when we could have gone 2 as neither of those had extended themselves this past week. I’m not letting Cobb face a dude that can take a 3/4 swing and knock it out.

I do believe these guys mental prep is jacked cause they’re long relief one game, short the next. Start a game then out of the pen with runners on the next. Pitching in a non-tight Tuesday game then thrown in after the lead is blown on the weekends. You’re our closer, but you might enter in the 7th or pitch in extras for multiple innings at a time. Apparently, this is not changing.

At this point, I’m not sure it’s a given we make a regional (not having done the math). At the same time, I wouldn’t want to face us because Hanson can shut you down. Stevens has big game experience. And Gordon is looking strong. We can hit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sure this season has been a colossal disappointment thus far and we now have no chance of defending our conference title but...um...well...

Melendez and Murph are sure awesome.

Plus we may have the coaching staff limits lifted and maybe can pay Tulo and hire another coach or two. Maybe some pitching guru. How is that going anyway? 

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

If we can just keep our hitting coach, hire another pitching coach, get someone to coach 3B, and find someone to oversee recruiting, we’ll be set.  

Probably subsumed in 3B coach, but teach baserunning.