New auto mod for lgbtq posts

this shit cracks me up. i'm getting flashbacks of the blinking red envelope from hornfans, except it won't be from imma. it'll be auto generated by a panties in a wad poster and his/her 2 socks.

pretty soon imma is going to give his blessing to someone starting his/her own board.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I took this thread as meaning you can still make jokes about LGBT, but they better be damn funny or you'll get reported.

the definition of funny is left up to the persons reading the post. if 3 "people" find it unfunny, well, you are on vacation.

• Hook 'Em 3

Uhhhh, no? Being homosexual isn't a choice or something that they'd rather be or not be. It is who they are, and there should be nothing wrong with that. Just like how there's nothing wrong with you being straight. It's not your choice - you just are.
IMO - is a distinction between making fun of someone's decisions, and making fun of someone because of their identity. One is surly, the other is shitty.

Yeah, I was being…I don’t know the right word, but maybe hyperbolic (I still don’t think that is the right word)? I think this is a really difficult topic, especially for a site like this which has always been full of dark humor. For the most part, I think posters here are pretty accepting of others. I also think that most posters can discern between good natured ribbing and out right attacks.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

Oh no, the horror! Not being on surlyhorns dot com for an entire day!

you are missing the point. this rule right now ONLY applies to LBGT jokes. 

and why are you posting? shouldn't you be in the kitchen making me a sammich.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Is the essence of what you're saying here. 

And I have to say you need to open your fucking eyes my dude. The draft majority supreme court decision to overturn a 50 year 7-2 precedent explicitly attacks Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges. They're not being put on a pedestal - they're being targeted by christo-fascists.

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, futureman said:

trans women are women. there is no difference. zero. 

Big Ol’ D. Two Swingin’ Bs. Shut the fuck up futureman. 

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

none of that is even tangentially relevant to what constitutes a woman. you’re like a bigot caveman with a keyboard. 

Mike White should transition. Maybe he could have a career somewhere. Amirite?

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

then you agree that if imma is implementing this rule, it shouldn't be JUST for lbgt jokes, but for everything. but as it is, this rule only applies to lbgt content. 

also it only takes 3 "people". so a poster and his/her 2 socks can have anyone temp banned whenever anyone makes joke, good nature and edgy or not, about lbgt. 

that's funny as shit.

Cr outside of Cr is on the same 3 report and then timeout thing and has been for over a year. Lol

14 minutes ago, troph said:

hi.

for the record, I didn't send imma a message about any of this. I decided to dial back my participation by more than 99% because, well, this world is a shit show and I don't need to find refuge in an online version of it.  The primary defense to being a raging asshole here is that we do it to everyone.  That worked when I was, well like 28, but cruising toward 50 years old, that shit makes zero sense anymore.

You know what make sense to me? Realizing people on this board have real lives, with pressures, hurts, sorrows, unmet expectations, losses, real fucking losses, the kind that could make you wish you were dead. There are people trying to make it in a world where divorce has them reeling, where alcohol calls their name every day, where mental illness is unrelenting, where kids break their hearts with drug abuse and failing grades, where spouses cheat, where parents die, where jobs are lost and dreams are broken.  The folks I want to be around now are those that are self-aware, authentic, struggling and trying their best to be kind people.  those folks are here, but they are mixed in with people like some on this thread that just aren't my kind anymore.

I went on exactly one neg raid in 25 years and decided I'd had enough.  I'm not going to nuke my persona here or permaban myself because truthfully there are actually people here that I care deeply about, even if I only know them on line.  So without any message to imma I said my peace to my friends, I asked them to stay in touch, told them I would do the same, and I moved into the background where I will stay barring something that truly warrants my input.  There's really nothing imma or anyone can do about it, too many people here think it's ok to make fun of others and I'm simply not down for that anymore. 

So if you think I'm a whiny bitch, have at it.  you do you bro. I'm simply not down for hate, whether in the form of a joke or otherwise, not for anyone. 

be kind, have fun, the rest is background noise.

You are always welcome here and I had a pretty good idea of this before you came to let us know. This didn't go in soon enough to make you feel comfortable or like you should still be a part of the community, but no one from the mod team was meaning make you or any others feel excluded or like you couldn't belong. Thanks for the message, enjoy the background. 

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

lbgt jokes and political posts in non cloakroom forums are the only two published no no's on this board. ok...got it.

Those are the only 2 things that a mod doesn't need to be involved in to delete and small ban. Everything else warrants looking at and taking between a day and a month or more off depending on repeat offenders. 

• Hook 'Em 4

22 minutes ago, troph said:

There's really nothing imma or anyone can do about it, too many people here think it's ok to make fun of others and I'm simply not down for that anymore. 

search for "oriental", "chinamen", "naggers", "financial times", "fat", etc, and see the results. i don't remember you complaining about any of those posts. 

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

search for "oriental", "chinamen", "naggers", "financial times", "fat", etc, and see the results. i don't remember you complaining about any of those posts. 

Is “Jap Plays” permissible?  Asking for Bill Parcells. 

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

humor and sarcasm. we'll have none of that here.

The Chinaman is not the problem here Dude. You’re being very un-Dude-like. 

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

lbgt jokes and political posts in non cloakroom forums are the only two published no no's on this board. ok...got it.

Can’t wish death on anyone! Learned that the hard way 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

hi.

for the record, I didn't send imma a message about any of this. I decided to dial back my participation by more than 99% because, well, this world is a shit show and I don't need to find refuge in an online version of it.  The primary defense to being a raging asshole here is that we do it to everyone.  That worked when I was, well like 28, but cruising toward 50 years old, that shit makes zero sense anymore.

You know what make sense to me? Realizing people on this board have real lives, with pressures, hurts, sorrows, unmet expectations, losses, real fucking losses, the kind that could make you wish you were dead. There are people trying to make it in a world where divorce has them reeling, where alcohol calls their name every day, where mental illness is unrelenting, where kids break their hearts with drug abuse and failing grades, where spouses cheat, where parents die, where jobs are lost and dreams are broken.  The folks I want to be around now are those that are self-aware, authentic, struggling and trying their best to be kind people.  those folks are here, but they are mixed in with people like some on this thread that just aren't my kind anymore.

I went on exactly one neg raid in 25 years and decided I'd had enough.  I'm not going to nuke my persona here or permaban myself because truthfully there are actually people here that I care deeply about, even if I only know them on line.  So without any message to imma I said my peace to my friends, I asked them to stay in touch, told them I would do the same, and I moved into the background where I will stay barring something that truly warrants my input.  There's really nothing imma or anyone can do about it, too many people here think it's ok to make fun of others and I'm simply not down for that anymore. 

So if you think I'm a whiny bitch, have at it.  you do you bro. I'm simply not down for hate, whether in the form of a joke or otherwise, not for anyone. 

be kind, have fun, the rest is background noise.

show us your tits!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a semi-serious note:

Please make sure the auto-mod can differentiate social comments and someone working on their '68 Nova. There is a very common word there, and yes, I got flagged on FB 2 years ago for it because their fucking censor-bot didn't understand the difference.

That was a complete WTF? moment.

Edited by slorch

Can’t wish death on anyone! Learned that the hard way 

Serious question for you…we’re you ever offended when a poster ended a post with “/no homo” or described themselves as “full homo” for someone?
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Captainant said:

Uhhhh, no? Being homosexual isn't a choice or something that they'd rather be or not be. It is who they are, and there should be nothing wrong with that. Just like how there's nothing wrong with you being straight. It's not your choice - you just are.

IMO - is a distinction between making fun of someone's decisions, and making fun of someone because of their identity. One is surly, the other is shitty.

Is Bob Stoops eating bags of dicks an identity or a decision?

• Hook 'Em 1