Roe v Wade to be overturned

UTGrad98

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

We are raising generations of brain damaged people. 

just someone that doesn't have legal training.  she's wrong because she thinks the opinion means "all law has to be firmly rooted in tradition." doesn't realize he is saying "unenumerated sub due process rights have to be rooted in tradition."  so her post is wrong, but a similar post saying "my kid's intention to marry someone a different race is in doubt" would be reasonable.

Yeah,  they'll come for loving... and uncle Thomas will write the opinion to provide some cover.  Then he'll finally be free of that stupid bitch. 

But if they do,  the court will be 3-0 for a little while

Edited by SKJ

Leave the poor Ivy League trained lawyers tweeting stupid things alone!

It is a joke. Do I have to explain the concept to you again. It seems that I have had to do this before because you let you reactivity get in the way of the higher order thinking.

I just flew in from Florida and boy are my arms tired.

A. Now see this isn’t really about my flapping my arms. I am not a duck in-spite of my zoom filter. It is just an absurd statement meant to generate a bit of a chuckle.

B. I also have since science background so I should know better than to lie to everyone about how I overcame fixed biomechanical limitations and achieved flight.

Will you focus on A or B? (hint the answer is A.)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This shows a basic misunderstanding of Republicans that the press and Democrats have. The Republicans are great at messaging. They know they won. They just don’t want to make themselves the issue now. They get the timing helps them. They will make it an issue again when it isn’t a huge story in the fall. Their base is celebrating right now. No need to push it. Dems will be at home in November because Biden didn’t do something that no one is capable of doing in any climate. So why give the press more stories now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Liz Bruenig is an admirable person, and I agree with many of her political views in general. Unfortunately, her latest article was pretty disheartening to read because it is succinctly gloomy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/american-kids-no-rights-culture-war-roe/629791/

She’s incredibly naïve. I applaud her position of being pro-life and actually advocating for financial support for new mothers and child tax credit for children. At least she’s consistent, and not outright cruel like the legislators of her pro-choice policies. But she most likely still pulls the R lever, and is complicit in the horrible policies against women and children she purports to care about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully this doesn’t get taken down. But watch it before it does, just in case. Coincidentally, Oliver cited the same Clinton quote I did earlier. As always, he’s nails.

And also fuck the son of Ferdinand Marcos running for President in the Philippines. And fuck Duterte too and every other Trumpian dictator like all the others we’ve known throughout history.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add:

EF3BE2BA-3D1B-4638-B96D-D45F80A0CBAC.thumb.png.4eb213ee60b0214f97bd6cc32297f451.png

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

She’s incredibly naïve. I applaud her position of being pro-life and actually advocating for financial support for new mothers and child tax credit for children. At least she’s consistent, and not outright cruel like the legislators of her pro-choice policies. But she most likely still pulls the R lever, and is complicit in the horrible policies against women and children she purports to care about. 

Read some more of her stuff. She’s clearly not a Republican.

21 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I’d be shocked if she pulls the R lever since she’s a social democrat.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Liz Breunig lying and saying that Trump instituted the expanded child tax credit is pretty par for the course with her.

She corrected it. You have a point assuming you’re lambasting her for being too generous to conservatives in response to her hatred of centrist Dems.

Why do you think she typed out a false statement meant to extend an olive branch to Trump? Perhaps I’m not as familiar with her views as I think I am, but I’ve never gotten the impression that she’s being coerced by bad actors like the Red Scare girls, for instance.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is where we are going back too

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/10/28/fact-check-9-things-women-couldnt-do-1971-mostly-right/3677101001/

i can’t believe some of this was still a think when I was born 

You think they're aiming to take us back to 1971?  Oh, my sweet summer child.  Try 1371.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, speed817 said:

On 5/6/2022 at 6:06 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I don't know why these guys can't just stick to sports.  Like Antonio Brown getting all up in that Board of Education -- come on, dude, clean your own house first.

IDK man. Where would we be in this country without Stephon Marbury vs. Madison Square Gardens?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Ummm...does the guy not realize that's a quote from the CDC that was included in the draft opinion?

Ummm…do you not realize that the meaning conveyed by the CDC using that phrasing about adoption levels is entirely different than a Supreme Court using it as justification to force women to carry fetuses to term? 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Ummm…do you not realize that the meaning conveyed by the CDC using that phrasing about adoption levels is entirely different than a Supreme Court using it as justification to force women to carry fetuses to term? 

No, he doesn't.  Because he is a disingenuous troll.  He doesn't care what it actually means.  He wants to play gotcha.  He should go back to TexAgs.

Change it back to a talking filibuster and make them stand up there and show the rest of the country who they are. The current rule is stupid and it's killing the country. 

Make them defend this shit publicly for days, read Green Eggs and Ham, or else shut the fuck up, so the rest of us can move on with living in the 21st century. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

Ummm...does the guy not realize that's a quote from the CDC that was included in the draft opinion?

Do you not realize that's kind of irrelevant?  We'd all be better off not having that.

Just now, Ag with kids said:

So...you think the CDC is wrong?

No. Use your head.  

If people stay out of other people's lives they can worry about heading off the next coming pandemic instead of baby issues.  

PS: respond with disingenuous troll bullshit and I'll neg you.