Roe v Wade to be overturned

UTGrad98

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that, in Texas, ONLY 0.5% of all abortions occurred in the SECOND HALF of pregnancy in 2019. Nationally, that figure was 1.0%. Based on those facts, it seems your hypothetical of a non-medical emergency abortion in the last trimester is vanishingly rare.

By contrast, 93.1% of Texas abortions occurred in the first trimester, compared to 92.7% nationally.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/ss/ss7009a1.htm#T10_down

Great. What's the relevant point you're trying to make?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

And after that if they cannot afford to raise a child or just don't want it, put it up for adoption.  Or drop it off at a fire station or hospital -- there is a Baby Moses law that allows a parent to do this within first 60 days no questions asked.

I am going to guess that if men had to go through childbirth and all the fucked up things it does to you, no man would think this.  Forcing a women to carry a baby against her will is disgusting.  Par for the course that you are for that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

The no questions asked part is also not completely true as the Safe Haven laws vary by state regarding anonymity and length of time post birth that a women is allowed to surrender a child without risk of prosecution. Texas allows for 60 days, some states allow for 72 hours.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't oppose wic.  I think it's one of the better programs we have.  
I am against abortions once there is both a heartbeat and brain waves because that's about the best I can figure as when life begins  -- I think that is probably 8-10 weeks. Once life begins that life, in my view, has some rights to be protected and certainly outweighs convenience of the partents. If you need an abortion for convenience because you did not use protection, the protection failed, or you did not avail yourself to Plan B, then get one in the first 10 weeks.
And after that if they cannot afford to raise a child or just don't want it, put it up for adoption.  Or drop it off at a fire station or hospital -- there is a Baby Moses law that allows a parent to do this within first 60 days no questions asked.
Unless it is necessary to protect the mother's life, I do not see why anyone should be getting an abortion after 10 weeks.

Gee, I don’t know, what about a teenage girl that doesn’t even know how to use protection or even realize she’s pregnant until past that point, because she received no sex education in school, just some abstinence preaching?
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don't oppose wic.  I think it's one of the better programs we have.  

I am against abortions once there is both a heartbeat and brain waves because that's about the best I can figure as when life begins  -- I think that is probably 8-10 weeks. Once life begins that life, in my view, has some rights to be protected and certainly outweighs convenience of the partents. If you need an abortion for convenience because you did not use protection, the protection failed, or you did not avail yourself to Plan B, then get one in the first 10 weeks.

Unless it is necessary to protect the mother's life, I do not see why anyone should be getting an abortion after 10 weeks.

And yet this case has also triggered bills that target contraceptive medicines.

Do you support that?  In some of these states they'll ban plan b, and other contraceptives like IUD's.

That's the rabbit hole. 

So stop being a party to those assholes who want to trek other people how to live their lives.  You don't agree with abortion?  Don't fucking have one. 

I remember when the right was all about personal freedom.  What happened to that?  Now their about imposing their beliefs on others. 

I could go on and on about the hypocrisy in the right... like trying to take away the citizenship of foreign babies born on US soil.  It's in the fucking constitution,  yet they don't like it,  so they go after it.  Originalist doctrine is only applied when they agree, otherwise it's done new bullshit test or rule they come up with. 

Basically,  what I'm saying is,  mind your own fucking business and stay out of everyone else's lives... you know,  like you guys used to say all the fucking time,  even if it was always a bullshit lie.  Live up to your beliefs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Great. What's the relevant point you're trying to make?

Probably something like mind your own fucking business.  Stop trying to dictate your dumbass religious views on other people , you cocksucking hypocrite. 

That'd be my guess

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The War on Women is going to be about as successful as the War on Drugs.

Abortion isn't going anywhere, just like drugs didn't go anywhere. Both efforts just make the United States shittier and meaner than it has to be.

Except for the fetuses who won't be dismembered by surgical instruments.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The War on Women is going to be about as successful as the War on Drugs.

Abortion isn't going anywhere, just like drugs didn't go anywhere. Both efforts just make the United States shittier and meaner than it has to be.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

And yet we can't ban guns to save human lives. 

Just stop.  It's completely disingenuous.  You fucks are just liars.  So lying,  you lying fucking liars. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SKJ said:

And yet we can't ban guns to save human lives. 

Just stop.  It's completely disingenuous.  You fucks are just liars.  So lying,  you lying fucking liars. 

I fully support all laws against misusing firearms.  In fact I would like to make them more strict.

I have yet to see any gun ban proposal that would do dick to save human lives.  Most just make it more difficult for the poor to have a gun to defend themselves.  Limo leftists with their luxury beliefs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah but how was the guy writing the Bible 2000 years ago supposed to know about fetal heartbeats and brainwaves?  There's no way he could have known about that and written it into the book!

We didn’t even know that human ova and sperm were things until the 19th Century.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I fully support all laws against misusing firearms.  In fact I would like to make them more strict.

I have yet to see any gun ban proposal that would do dick to save human lives.  Most just make it more difficult for the poor to have a gun to defend themselves.  Limo leftists with their luxury beliefs.

Banning all guns would save lives. You know this.

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Gee, I don’t know, what about a teenage girl that doesn’t even know how to use protection or even realize she’s pregnant until past that point, because she received no sex education in school, just some abstinence preaching?

the pro life party doesn't want to do anything to educate on contraception and prevention, nor provide free contraception to avoid pregnancies. after 10 weeks, well kid you are fucked. after the baby is born, the pro life party will demonize that kid and her baby and tell them to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. the pro life party will offer no help in terms of welfare, healthcare, child care, or livable wage for that kid and her baby to succeed. they will use her and her baby as poster children on what's wrong with america while never looking in the fucking mirror and realizing that they do not lift a god damn finger to prevent the pregnancy or help the mom and baby have a better life.

pro life party my fucking ass. they are just a party of assholes. pure evil assholes.

and they have the audacity to reference the bible for this bullshit while oblivious to the fact that jesus was all fucking IN with helping the poor, something these assholes don't do but instead condemn the poor. yea fuck the "pro life" party. bunch of god damn hypocrites.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, crash_davis said:

the pro life party doesn't want to do anything to educate on contraception and prevention, nor provide free contraception to avoid pregnancies. after 10 weeks, well kid you are fucked. after the baby is born, the pro life party will demonize that kid and her baby and tell them to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. the pro life party will offer no help in terms of welfare, healthcare, child care, or livable wage for that kid and her baby to succeed. they will use her and her baby as poster children on what's wrong with america while never looking in the fucking mirror and realizing that they do not lift a god damn finger to prevent the pregnancy or help the mom and baby have a better life.

pro life party my fucking ass. they are just a party of assholes. pure evil assholes.

that's the other side of this coin that I can't fucking stand. they don't want you to use contraception or practice safe sex. these people are the furthest thing from pro-life that I can think of. want to all but eliminate abortions? fine, educate the fucking population and provide cheap/free contraception. bingo bango abortions go down to near nil. gtfoh with anything else.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Except for kindergartners having their faces shot off by a big ass gun while sitting in a classroom and “Christians” sit idly by and do nothing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

27 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Should Texas women be forced to carry a dead fetus to term in order to say on the right side of these onerous uterus management bills?

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/01/1042209230/federal-judge-weighs-in-on-biden-administrations-attempt-to-block-texas-abortion

Palmer is an OB-GYN in Fort Worth, Texas. She recently had to tell a woman that her fetus had a condition called anencephaly, "where, essentially, the baby doesn't have a brain." It's always fatal — often during the pregnancy or else soon after birth — and patients are typically given the option to terminate.

"I've had some moms who choose to continue the pregnancy because this is the only time they're gonna have with their baby," she said. "Which is just heartbreaking to me."

Texas doctors like Palmer say SB 8, an unusual new state law banning most abortions, is complicating other types of medical decisions. They're hoping for more clarity soon, as legal challenges continue, including a federal challenge from the Biden administration.

Continuing a pregnancy after a diagnosis like anencephaly comes with additional health risks and, for some patients, additional emotional trauma, Palmer said.

"I have other patients who just, imagining the sorrow that each prenatal visit would bring, knowing that's never gonna result in a baby they could take home — that is just too much to bear," she said.

Before SB 8, Palmer would have offered to end the pregnancy by inducing labor. But the new law, which the U.S. Supreme Court allowed to take effect Sept. 1, prohibits abortions after cardiac activity is detectable, except for medical emergencies.

Palmer said her patient, at more than 16 weeks, opted to go out of state for an abortion — something she said many of her patients could never afford.

Some doctors say the law also is complicating medical decisions when women come in for help while experiencing a miscarriage.

"For example, patient comes in, 17 weeks, with her water broken. That's a nonviable pregnancy. The biggest risk to the patient is that she could become infected," said Theresa Patton, an OB-GYN in Dallas.

In such cases, Patton said she'd normally offer medication to expedite the miscarriage and reduce the risk of infection, which can trigger a severe condition called sepsis. But she and other doctors say it's not clear under the law what constitutes a "medical emergency."

"We don't want a patient to get sick for a pregnancy that is not going to progress, it's not going to continue," Patton said. "Now, am I going to be in legal trouble for offering that termination now? Do I need to wait until she's septic and imminently in danger herself before I offer that termination? These are all of the things that we have been struggling with what we should do."

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

Except for kindergartners having their faces shot off by a big ass gun while sitting in a classroom and “Christians” sit idly by and do nothing.

This is the comprise we have been looking for!  

From now on, the aborted fetus will be removed from the mother but kept alive artificially.  Books  about “queers” and CRT will be placed by the incubator and the fetus will be painted brown if not naturally so.  A doctor with a semiauto assault rifle will then enter the room and shoot the fetus dead.  We will then have a moment of thoughts and prayers and decide will all agree  that this tragedy could not have been prevented.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

This is the comprise we have been looking for!  

From now on, the aborted fetus will be removed from the mother but kept alive artificially.  Books  about “queers” and CRT will be placed by the incubator and the fetus will be painted brown if not naturally so.  A doctor with a semiauto assault rifle will then enter the room and shoot the fetus dead.  We will then have a moment of thoughts and prayers and decide will all agree  that this tragedy could not have been prevented.  

That would be darkly humorous were it not pregnant with possibility in today’s America.

• Hook 'Em 1

Had a neat conversation about this with my husband this evening.   This is a new one.  HE is the victim.

HE is concerned that HE cannot make medical decisions on my behalf if they involve ectopic pregnancy or any other shit to do with my reproductive organs.

HE did not consider the consequences of his actions until now.  HE had no idea that HE would be impacted by this shit because I take care of my reproductive health with my doctor.  So...

image.png.590310b9a3efa86558f1fd396f664149.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Had a neat conversation about this with my husband this evening.   This is a new one.  HE is the victim.
HE is concerned that HE cannot make medical decisions on my behalf if they involve ectopic pregnancy or any other shit to do with my reproductive organs.
HE did not consider the consequences of his actions until now.  HE had no idea that HE would be impacted by this shit because I take care of my reproductive health with my doctor.  So...
image.png.590310b9a3efa86558f1fd396f664149.png

Hornian will be happy to handle your divorce for you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

This whole conversation came up due to the "hate mail" we are getting in our mailbox in Hays, Co.

I voted in the republican primary because I wanted to vote against Ken Paxton and Carrie Issac.  Due to the runoff, I got to vote against them.  Twice.  Feels good.

Prior to voting in the pub primary, we have been visited by folks wearing name tags wanting to confirm our eligibility to vote.  

Fuck this shit.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, tigol said:

This whole conversation came up due to the "hate mail" we are getting in our mailbox in Hays, Co.

I voted in the republican primary because I wanted to vote against Ken Paxton and Carrie Issac.  Due to the runoff, I got to vote against them.  Twice.  Feels good.

Prior to voting in the pub primary, we have been visited by folks wearing name tags wanting to confirm our eligibility to vote.  

Fuck this shit.

Next time answer the door naked. It works on the Jehovahs Witness too.

• Haha 1