Roe v Wade to be overturned

UTGrad98

7 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

[Justice Barrett] She can just give it up for adoption, then everything's great, END OF STORY [Justice Barrett]

But what if she doesn’t want to have her rapist’s baby? Why would Justice Barrett compel her to do so?

Edited by Satchel

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

To at least be somewhat fair, Popey F has been a vocal critic of drone strikes as well. But yeah, turn all these fuckers away from the chalice. 

I thought about that and I assume this is the USCCB doing there thing.

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

I thought about that and I assume this is the USCCB doing there thing.

I don't keep up with all that Papist nonsense, but if you are going to turn people away from the chalice, do it consistently. Death penalty supporter? Nope. Drone striking? Nope. Sending cluster munitions to SA? Nope. 3B to Israel to bulldoze Christians' houses in the WB? Nope. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This timeline

LOL.  I'm sure this is definitely not politically motivated and he publicly announces/tweets about every person he decides not to give communion to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

To at least be somewhat fair, Popey F has been a vocal critic of drone strikes as well. But yeah, turn all these fuckers away from the chalice. 

The Catholic Church probably needs to shut the fuck up about anything given their penchant for covering up child sexual abuse within the priest ranks.  They have ZERO moral standing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/20/2022 at 10:22 PM, tigol said:

Had a neat conversation about this with my husband this evening.   This is a new one.  HE is the victim.

HE is concerned that HE cannot make medical decisions on my behalf if they involve ectopic pregnancy or any other shit to do with my reproductive organs.

HE did not consider the consequences of his actions until now.  HE had no idea that HE would be impacted by this shit because I take care of my reproductive health with my doctor.  So...

image.png.590310b9a3efa86558f1fd396f664149.png

I don’t get it. What’s he upset about?

On 5/21/2022 at 7:48 AM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

[Justice Barrett] She can just give it up for adoption, then everything's great, END OF STORY [Justice Barrett]

We must secure the existence of our people and a domestic supply of infants. 

5 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s annoyed that you’re upset about RvW being overturned? 

I think what I am attempting to communicate is that my husband was oblivious to politics for a very long time.  He never really voted until he met me and then he voted D for the most part.  He started to piece together how local elections impacted his day to day life regarding roads and taxes.

He's upset that RvW is being overturned.  I don't think he previously conceptualized that as a possibility.  Shit got real.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  Get involved.  Vote.  Pay attention.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tigol said:

I think what I am attempting to communicate is that my husband was oblivious to politics for a very long time.  He never really voted until he met me and then he voted D for the most part.  He started to piece together how local elections impacted his day to day life regarding roads and taxes.

He's upset that RvW is being overturned.  I don't think he previously conceptualized that as a possibility.  Shit got real.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  Get involved.  Vote.  Pay attention.

So he's ahead of about 40% of the population.

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They should just move her to another diocese and not tell anyone why.

There are churches in San Francisco that will offer her Communion and plenty over in the neighboring diocese of Oakland. That old drunk is doing this for political reasons.

34 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I was raised Catholic but won’t raise my girls in the Catholic Church. I’d prefer just about any other brand of Christianity without the consistent history of horrifying conduct 

That’s pretty much every single organized Christian denomination.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I think that's debateable.  Obviously, some people believe Christianity -- actually, "religion" -- is nothing but cultism run amok, and I'm not going to convince anyone with that perspective otherwise.  That said, certain Christian denominations fall way towards the do-good end of the spectrum, which would include many Presbyterian and (some) Lutheran churches, among others.  They all have warts, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, Bama Chick said:

AND THIS ASSHOLE IS A DOCTOR

This guy really isn't an impressive speaker, but that's not what he was saying by talking about the disparity among races with regard to maternal mortality. That discussion starts around 6:55 in the video. 

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yee haw

Hobby Lobby decision should come back to bite them in the ass on that one.

But it won't, because this SCOTUS doesn't give a shit about stare decisis.  They'll decide on the outcome they want, and issue their decree.  And all the GQP types who used to decry "judicial activism" will be completely silent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I’m referring not just to the recent atrocities of covering up child abuse/molestation, but also The Crusades, the Inquisition, church leaders accumulating massive land and wealth, and on and on and on. I mean I’m sure all religions have faults but a storied history including genocide, corruption, and pedophilia kind of outweighs other organizations. At least for me. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

But it won't, because this SCOTUS doesn't give a shit about stare decisis.  They'll decide on the outcome they want, and issue their decree.  And all the GQP types who used to decry "judicial activism" will be completely silent.

Gorsuch will get at least two other votes in support of an "actually states can establish official religions" opinion when this gets challenged.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Unless one forgets that after SCOTUS turns this back over to the states, they'll start taking cases where they can find grounds for outlawing it nation wide.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Yee haw

Things are going to come to a head. The social conservatives are overreaching at the moment. Politicians fucking around with big business will eventually find out. A lot of these are West coast companies that Texas has been trying to lure away from the West. This shit can only go on for so long.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, F250 said:

Things are going to come to a head. The social conservatives are overreaching at the moment. Politicians fucking around with big business will eventually find out. A lot of these are West coast companies that Texas has been trying to lure away from the West. This shit can only go on for so long.

Oh my sweet summer child.

So long as companies can find a way to profit under fascism -- and they will -- they will continue to support it wholeheartedly.  See, e.g., the continuation of corporate donations to Jan 6 traitors.

This is how fascism works: it's a creep of the oppression, with the powerful finding new excuses and ways to support it for profit.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 6

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

You forget one thing.....   Corporations don't give a fuck about people.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I was raised Catholic but won’t raise my girls in the Catholic Church. I’d prefer just about any other brand of Christianity without the consistent history of horrifying conduct 

You could just raise them to be decent and kind people and let them decide for themselves when they get older whether they want to choose to follow a religion. You don’t need religion in order to be a good person. Sometimes it seems like religion just turns people into jerks. Especially when it comes to how they treat people who don’t follow their religion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh my sweet summer child.

So long as companies can find a way to profit under fascism -- and they will -- they will continue to support it wholeheartedly.  See, e.g., the continuation of corporate donations to Jan 6 traitors.

This is how fascism works: it's a creep of the oppression, with the powerful finding new excuses and ways to support it for profit.

See, e.g., Volkswagen, Fanta, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Doesn’t matter where it’s headquartered. My Oklahoma based company has over same sex benefits, inclusion & diversity programs, a new travel reimbursement for “healthcare” travel, and other “liberal” benefits since well before I started 12 years ago. I guarantee our executive leadership and board are 95% hardcore republicans. Large corporations generally recognize the value of a diverse workforce. Only those truly ran by zealots, like Hobby Lobby, would back these laws from a corporate perspective.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Doesn’t matter where it’s headquartered. My Oklahoma based company has over same sex benefits, inclusion & diversity programs, a new travel reimbursement for “healthcare” travel, and other “liberal” benefits since well before I started 12 years ago. I guarantee our executive leadership and board are 95% hardcore republicans. Large corporations generally recognize the value of a diverse workforce. Only those truly ran by zealots, like Hobby Lobby, would back these laws from a corporate perspective.

They don't have to "back" these laws.  They just have to go along with them.  Which they will.  Because dissenting corporations will be punished (see Disney, which was 100% attacked as an example to others).  Acquiescent companies that continue to send in their campaign donations will do just fine.  It's like none of you know how this actually works.  We don't have to make it up, we can literally read a history book to see how it goes.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Rage+1 1