Blastfurnace 2022

9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The second question, you do understand that the earth has been hotter and cooler than it is now repeatedly over time, even in the last 300 years.  

I'd like to see the data source on that.

12 hours ago, crash_davis said:

we can argue whatever the fuck we want and what's causing it. it doesn't change the fact that it's here and only going to get worse, and that we are leaving our kids a giant fucking shit sandwich.

the debate should be what the fuck can we do to reduce the size of the sandwich they have to eat or at least make it taste better.

Well I don’t have kids and am not going to. So I got that going for me. Which is nice. 

11 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The first question you'll have to ask yourself, is how many people on this earth are you willing to part with without blinking an eye.  The second question, you do understand that the earth has been hotter and cooler than it is now repeatedly over time, even in the last 300 years.  

The fact of the matter is, conservation is paramount and much more important than prevention.   Because prevention is unrealistic and frankly, impossible, unless you find it in your heart of hearts to go ahead and kill off 40-60% of global population intentionally.    

Have fun with that exercise.  

everyone GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I get really tired of 100 degree days that seem to never end as the summer goes on just like the rest of us, but people can't ride in 92-95 degree weather?

Sure you can and I do.  But if you ride w/ helmet, boots and proper gear, it's hot as a motherfucker; the humidity on top of the heat is what's unpleasant as fuck.  My buds and I still ride but start at 6am and off the bikes by noon.   Late afternoons are brutal. 

Thankfully, our riding group has access to boats and pools, so we have other options when the weather ratchets up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/9/2022 at 3:54 PM, MrBig said:

This heat has me working on a deal for a bunch of wholesale blackout curtains from China. I just need to pay an Instagram/TikTok girl to peddle the curtains online by exaggerating how fresh and cool her apartment feels while wearing a skimpy outfit. Then I can sell the curtains for 20x the cost. 

If you have her fart on the curtains you can increase your profits even more.  But the paradox there is farts create global warming, so you will have to figure out if you want to be a climate profiteer or not.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

unless you find it in your heart of hearts to go ahead and kill off 40-60% of global population intentionally

There's a lot of guys out there with ex-wives, I'm sure we can get a good list going pretty quickly.

Great weather for the beach last weekend. Could have been 5 or so degrees warmer as it was pretty chilly with all the wind when you got out of the waster.  Caught a couple small sharks. Kids passed out at 8 when we got home and slept 11 hours. Was a good day. 

https://isthelakefullyet.com/#volume

https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather-blog/summer-forecast-dropping-lake-levels-could-mean-water-restrictions-soon/

As Austin’s hottest May in record-keeping history continues and an unusually dry weather pattern refuses to loosen its grip, Lake Travis is losing more than 600 million gallons of water a day and has now dropped to its lowest level since May 2015.

If dry weather continues, combined storage in Lakes Travis and Buchanan could drop below 1.4 million acre-feet before June 1. That is important because 1.4 million acre-feet of water is the threshold to trigger Stage One water restrictions in Austin.

Gonna be a couple of great days after this next round of storms rolls through tomorrow and Wednesday.  Memorial Day weekend down on the coast looks like it will be a treat. Sunny, with temps in the mid-80's and less humidity than usual on tap.

Also looks like the record-tying heat of the first 3 weeks of May will be taking a break for a bit. Houston forecast doesn't have a high above 91 for the next 15 days.

9 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Gonna be a couple of great days after this next round of storms rolls through tomorrow and Wednesday.  Memorial Day weekend down on the coast looks like it will be a treat. Sunny, with temps in the mid-80's and less humidity than usual on tap.

Also looks like the record-tying heat of the first 3 weeks of May will be taking a break for a bit. Houston forecast doesn't have a high above 91 for the next 15 days.

GIF by BüroBlondBerlin

On 6/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, bschoolprof said:

It's supposed to be above 100 as far as the eye can see.  It may be time to give up Texas.

It will never cool off again.  

Oh goodie, my kid's favorite video game is Pokemon Go, which requires us to....go places.  We'll be doing extra early walks or extra late walks.

At least both kids were not interested in any of the outdoor sports (soccer, baseball, etc.) this summer.  Don't know why soccer needs to be scheduled at 11:30 in the morning instead of 8:30 in the morning.