“I’m attacked, bitch!” Chappelle rushed on stage by armed man, man loses

Vito Andolini

Dave Chappelle was attacked Tuesday night in Los Angeles by a man who rushed the stage and tackled the comedian during an event at the Hollywood Bowl. According to Los Angeles ABC affiliate KABC, the suspect, who was apprehended by law enforcement officials at the scene, was armed with both a gun and a knife.

The contentious comedian was performing at the historic Los Angeles venue as a part of Netflix Is A Joke Fest, a city-wide comedy festival sponsored by the streaming giant. Although Chappelle was not injured during the incident, video posted to social media immediately after the attack showed a group of individuals gathered on the Hollywood Bowl stage attempting to restrain — and possibly kicking — the suspect. Another video making the rounds on Twitter purportedly showed the suspect being loaded into an ambulance, his right arm visibly dislocated.

During the initial chaos following the attack, Chappelle stood offstage to gather his composure. “It was a trans man,” he said jokingly of the attacker, referencing his controversial comments about transgender individuals in his Netflix stand-up special, The Closer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/dave-chappelle-tackled-armed-suspect-hollywood-bowl-1347315/

I really don't think the transgenders need to be smeared by the act of this one person. They're catching enough underserved shit from other directions.

From what little I know, it seems Chappelle was making a joke about the controversy a while back. It's actually quite quick and witty. It's not a slam, as far as I can tell, against transpersons although it will trigger wrong-headed response, I'm sure. Irony and wit are being slowly blugeoned to death in this country.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I really don't think the transgenders need to be smeared by the act of this one person. They're catching enough underserved shit from other directions.

From what little I know, it seems Chappelle was making a joke about the controversy a while back. It's actually quite quick and witty. It's not a slam, as far as I can tell, against transpersons although it will trigger wrong-headed response, I'm sure. Irony and wit are being slowly blugeoned to death in this country.

Correct take.  The comment above yours was not warranted. 

The person who attacked him wasn't trans. It was a reference to the hot water Chapelle's in for previous anti-trans jokes.

Chapelle's a genius, but he has some backwards-ass takes from time to time. Seems like the dude wants to make sure everyone's a little pissed off at him all the time. 

23 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The person who attacked him wasn't trans. It was a reference to the hot water Chapelle's in for previous anti-trans jokes.

Chapelle's a genius, but he has some backwards-ass takes from time to time. Seems like the dude wants to make sure everyone's a little pissed off at him all the time. 

He doesn’t have backwards takes. I could’ve sworn that was Lia, who, after dragging his balls all over women’s swimming, attempted to do the same with Chapelle. 

31 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

some friends saw him last weekend at the bowl and had to lock their phones, because apparently that's something that happens now.  not sure how this footage got out, or i guess that explains why it's only 2 seconds long.

He’s been doing that since he came back.  Saw him at the track years ago during some standup ‘fest’ thing.  Had multiple announcements and security wandering around, being pretty aggressive with anyone having a phone out.  

His set kinda sucked

From what little I know, it seems Chappelle was making a joke about the controversy a while back. It's actually quite quick and witty. It's not a slam, as far as I can tell, against transpersons although it will trigger wrong-headed response,

FFS, this isn’t what everyone thought?

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

The “gun” on the attacker was apparently a fake, but did contain a blade, so he’s still being charged with possessing a deadly weapon. TMZ has more on the dude and the scene.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/04/dave-chappelle-attacker-isaiah-lee-wrote-song-comedian/

image.jpeg

When keeping it real goes wrong.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, irishtexan said:

In a twist not only was the guy not Trans but he's a wannabe rapper who is apparently MAGA? This is a weird dude either way 

https://www.newsweek.com/chappelle-attacker-not-facing-felony-will-vigorously-prosecuted-1704043