Holy shit. Man tortures, cuts off finger of recidivist thief. Thief's GF says he deserved it.

crash_davis

This is a lot to chew on. The homeowner should be given a small golf clap and promptly put in jail. Half of me is laughing at the audacity and conviction in the torture, half of me is scared that they had the audacity and conviction in the torture. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/300579366/he-did-deserve-it-says-girlfriend-of-teen-burglar-who-had-finger-cut-off

TLDR: you will want to read for full context but....

The teenager had stolen William Burr’s car three times prior

“I was laying in his blood,” she said, starting to cry on the stand. “I could hear it. I didn’t want to look at it. I hate violence.”

She said the teenager was crying. “He was begging for his life.”

What did he do? Mann asked. “Nothing. He was numb. He didn’t even try. He just let them do it.

“He was begging them not to. He was forced to put his hand out. They grabbed his hand and put it out.”

She said the men used a hammer on the teenager’s hand to numb it, before they chopped it off with the knife.

He made no sounds and did not put up a fight, she said. “It was like his soul left his body. He just gave up.”

In cross-examination, the girl told Simon Lance, representing Shaun Burr, the teenager had lied to her and her family about what they were doing.

“He did deserve it from my point of view,” she said.

That last bit has to hurt against the prosecution.

'He did deserve it,' says girlfriend of teen burglar who had finger cut off

Rachel Moore15:11, May 04 2022
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

William Burr allegedly grabbed his shotgun and took control when he woke up to find a repeat burglar in his King Country home.
STUFF
William Burr allegedly grabbed his shotgun and took control when he woke up to find a repeat burglar in his King Country home.

The girlfriend of a teen burglar who had his finger cut off in a home invasion says he lied to her and deserved what he got.

The girl, who was 15 at the time, told Crown prosecutor Rebecca Mann the teenager told her they were going to his uncle’s house to get a car.

The Piopio home in question belonged to William (Bill) Bruce Burr who is on trial with his son, Shaun Bruce Burr, at the High Court in Hamilton, before a jury and Justice Grant Powell.

They’re each charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, and wounding with intent to injure, maiming with intent to injure, and maiming with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

William Burr was also charged with assaulting a female and assaulting with intent to injure. Both men are arguing self-defence.

The teenager had stolen William Burr’s car three times prior, and told the girl to jump in the window.

Shaun Burr allegedly cut off the finger of a teen burglar who broke into his father’s house.
STUFF
Shaun Burr allegedly cut off the finger of a teen burglar who broke into his father’s house.

The pair checked all the rooms for the car keys, before they went into William Burr’s room, the court heard on Tuesday afternoon.

“I didn’t know he was sleeping, but we woke him with the torch.”

The teenager told her to smash the wine bottle on William Burr’s head, but the bottle didn’t break. So he used his own bottle instead.

She was standing closest to William Burr, and they started to fight. He was punching her in the head, and pulling her hair, she said.

William Burr was naked and asked to put clothes on, she said. That was when he grabbed his shotgun.

He told them to get on the kitchen floor, or he would shoot them. She was already on the floor, and did not want to fight.

She said the teenager was picking a fight and telling William Burr to shoot them – “like an idiot”.

It was not long before the teenager joined her on the ground, and about 10 minutes later Shaun Burr arrived.

The men were hitting the teenager with a wooden bat, she said. “It was hard to the point he was bleeding.”

Father and son William and Shaun Burr are on trial in the Hamilton High Court, facing charges including wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
MARK TAYLOR/STUFF
Father and son William and Shaun Burr are on trial in the Hamilton High Court, facing charges including wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

“I was laying in his blood,” she said, starting to cry on the stand. “I could hear it. I didn’t want to look at it. I hate violence.”

She said the teenager was crying. “He was begging for his life.”

What did he do? Mann asked. “Nothing. He was numb. He didn’t even try. He just let them do it.

“He was begging them not to. He was forced to put his hand out. They grabbed his hand and put it out.”

She said the men used a hammer on the teenager’s hand to numb it, before they chopped it off with the knife.

He made no sounds and did not put up a fight, she said. “It was like his soul left his body. He just gave up.”

In cross-examination, the girl told Simon Lance, representing Shaun Burr, the teenager had lied to her and her family about what they were doing.

“He did deserve it from my point of view,” she said.

The girl told Lance the duo had previously been best friends, but she broke up with him after the incident.

Philip Morgan QC, representing William Burr, said the girl’s account was mostly based on what she heard.

She looked up a few times, and saw the teenager being hit. He was provoking them by not putting his hand out, she said.

William Burr rang a neighbour, who raced down the road in the middle of the night (file photo).

William Burr rang a neighbour, who raced down the road in the middle of the night (file photo).

Wake-up call

William Burr called his neighbour Bruce Palmer at 2am on the night in question.

Palmer told Crown prosecutor Rebecca Mann about receiving the call, before he woke up Gary Woolston – who was living in his sleep-out.

Woolston rang 111, and they raced down the road.

Palmer saw William Burr standing over someone lying face down on the floor, with shotgun in hand, through the kitchen window.

There was a big pool of blood by the person’s head. “I said, you’ve shot the bastard ... He’s dead. I was in a state of shock,” Palmer said.

William Burr said the boy was not dead, nudged him and the teen moved.

About 3am, Palmer and Woolston took William Burr home for a cup of tea.

Palmer said they were worried about William Burr, who had glass in his head and down his back.

“He said, it’s terrible having one hand up the shaft and your finger on the trigger and not knowing what to do. He was shaking.”

A neighbour who took William Burr home for a cup of tea said he was shaking and had glass in his head and down his back.

A neighbour who took William Burr home for a cup of tea said he was shaking and had glass in his head and down his back.

Earlier, when Woolston went down to William Burr’s house, he’d “gapped it” after hearing Palmer say the boy had been shot, and seeing the blood through the window.

He told Crown prosecutor Rebecca Mann he stayed on the 111 call, but hid behind a nearby tree.

“A gun, Bill Burr in his undies - I’m out of there.”

Woolston said Palmer walked back and forth relaying information, as he talked to the police call taker.

The 11-minute call was played to the jury, where he could be heard saying “These c…. are crazy. I’m not going in there. I’ll get shot”.

The trial continues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sounds like the girl was tired of her bf’s shit and pissed she got dragged into it. Although searching a whole house for keys should have been a tip off to her.

edit: fucked up auto correct.

Edited by achooloco

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

This article is so poorly written, it left more questions than it anything. 

The old guy called his son and he did the finger chopping but then he called his neighbor too? And the old boy got nailed in the head with a bottle by the girl or the asshole teen?

9c174d1f-6e34-4c7f-9e7e-e5048723e5c7-gif

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

OP have you ever considered moving somewhere with Sharia Law? You’d like it.

Fuck this thief, but goddamn the same person stealing your car 3 times makes me think the owner is a little on the stupid side. 

1. the fuck?

2. what part of "small golf clap and promptly put in jail" makes you think i condone this?

3. why are you blaming the victim? so if a woman gets raped for wearing a short skirt, she's stupid and deserved it? to your reasoning, he's did something about it on the 4th time. this should make you happy, right? maybe you should move somewhere with sharia law. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

This article is so poorly written, it left more questions than it anything. 

The old guy called his son and he did the finger chopping but then he called his neighbor too? And the old boy got nailed in the head with a bottle by the girl or the asshole teen?

Yes poorly written for sure. I don’t understand why he called his neighbors / friends at 2/3 AM. It’s just going to implicate them. 

I’m not sure why he would WANT to cut off his finger. I can definitely see why he’d want to rough them both up, and being charged for assault on a woman or whatever - after he is awakened by her assaulting him with a wine bottle - is fucking hysterical. I love how she’s an unsuspecting innocent chick in this, yet was compliant in going room to room searching for keys and attempting to knock him out. She and boyfriend both need to see heavy jail time. Not sure what to do with Medieval Bill Burr though.

I can understand the “assault” on both of them and holding them at gun point. But his neighbors were ostensibly called to help him?  Calm him down, make good decisions, etc.  And his response was, “okay, now I’m thinking level-headed. Let me call my son, let’s smash this guys hand with a hammer and then cut his finger off. That’s the most rational approach.”

And LOL at what I’m imagining is a tussle after the bottles crack his head, and his apparent “Timeout!  I’m naked.  Let me grab some clothes and we can resume fighting…..just kidding fuckos!  Let me introduce you to Mr. Benelli!” 

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

1. the fuck?

2. what part of "small golf clap and promptly put in jail" makes you think i condone this?

3. why are you blaming the victim? so if a woman gets raped for wearing a short skirt, she's stupid and deserved it? to your reasoning, he's did something about it on the 4th time. this should make you happy, right? maybe you should move somewhere with sharia law. 

It’s Helobius. Common clay of the Valley. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

Yes poorly written for sure. I don’t understand why he called his neighbors / friends at 2/3 AM. It’s just going to implicate them. 

I’m not sure why he would WANT to cut off his finger. I can definitely see why he’d want to rough them both up, and being charged for assault on a woman or whatever - after he is awakened by her assaulting him with a wine bottle - is fucking hysterical. I love how she’s an unsuspecting innocent chick in this, yet was compliant in going room to room searching for keys and attempting to knock him out. She and boyfriend both need to see heavy jail time. Not sure what to do with Medieval Bill Burr though.

I can understand the “assault” on both of them and holding them at gun point. But his neighbors were ostensibly called to help him?  Calm him down, make good decisions, etc.  And his response was, “okay, now I’m thinking level-headed. Let me call my son, let’s smash this guys hand with a hammer and then cut his finger off. That’s the most rational approach.”

And LOL at what I’m imagining is a tussle after the bottles crack his head, and his apparent “Timeout!  I’m naked.  Let me grab some clothes and we can resume fighting…..just kidding fuckos!  Let me introduce you to Mr. Benelli!” 

like i said, this story is a lot to chew on.

i understand bill burr's frustration and anger. i imagine this whole ordeal took an hour-ish? that's plenty of time to cool down and let cooler heads prevail. instead, it only made the situation worse. and yea, neither his neighbor or son paused for a second and said, wait, what the fuck are you doing? the mental steps it took to numb the hand to cut off a finger. that's fucking scary sadistic.

but.....i doubt that kid and the gf will ever thieve again. that's a win.

i'm a silver lining kinda guy.

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

OP have you ever considered moving somewhere with Sharia Law? You’d like it.

Fuck this thief, but goddamn the same person stealing your car 3 times makes me think the owner is a little on the stupid side. 

Stupid for what?  Owning a car?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

See? That is a different take that I got from the article. I read that he called the son over first and the son got there in 10 minutes while the old guy had them on the floor and it was the son that hammered his hand and chopped his finger. The neighbors came over after the son had done the deed. 

So the chick smashed him? Yeah, fuck all the she's been duped shit if that is the case, she was an accomplice. 

I wish it were better written because it is an interesting story. When they used "torch" instead of flashlight, that was a clue that this didn't happen in the US. That and the fact that the old guy didn't shoot him. I think we are programmed to shoot while the old boy was agonizing about holding off even though they were in the house and assaulted him. I wouldn't have hesitated about it if I got a wine bottle to the head.

NOT GUILTY

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300585344/hugs-and-tears-as-father-and-son-who-cut-finger-off-teen-burglar-found-not-guilty

A father and son who beat a teenage burglar, and cut off one of his fingers, have been found not guilty on all charges.

Gasps could be heard from the public gallery packed with the family and friends of William and Shaun Burr as they were found not guilty after about six hours of jury deliberations.

William Burr was found not guilty on six charges and Shaun Burr was found not guilty on four charges after arguing self defence at a trial in the High Court in Hamilton on Wednesday.

ALSO: new shit has come to light. don't know why this wasn't included in the original article. it's kinda important.

The teenager had stolen three other cars from William Burr and broke bail to come back with his girlfriend for a fourth attempt.

• Like 1