Bryan Colangelo Used Secret Twitter Accounts To Criticize His Own Players

Dutchrudder

On 5/30/2018 at 9:15 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

How does someone see a random tweet from a random account criticizing players for the sixers and think “hmm I bet that’s Bryan colangelo”.. 

I imagine if you're a Sixers fan you follow the beat writers and would notice a couple tweets from the same always backing Colangelo. It's the same way we get accustomed to posters personalities on here and can quickly identify a sock 9 times out of 10. 

11 hours ago, aggie08 said:

See, that doesn't bother me. We're not talking national security secrets here. It's basketball. Him telling his wife, "You wouldn't believe it, Okafor didn't even pass his fucking physical today" is not a big deal.

That actually is a big deal because that's a violation of HIPAA, a federal law.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/05/30/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-markelle-fultz

"

Some might wonder if the tweets, provided they are authenticated as authored by Colangelo, could constitute a violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, which is better known as HIPAA. This important federal law governs “covered entities,” which include healthcare providers and others in regular contact with medical files. HIPAA prohibits these persons from disclosing the contents of medical files and other health information about patients without patient consent.

HIPAA is likely not at issue here since Colangelo is almost certainly not a “covered entity.” In 2002, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services expressed that “professional sports teams are unlikely to be covered entities” under HIPAA and that “'even if a sports team were to be a covered entity, employment records of a covered entity are not covered.” Also, HIPAA does not provide a private right of action, meaning that no NBA player could sue on a HIPAA related claim against a team executive or a team itself. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services enforces HIPAA by imposing fines and warnings."

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Good. Now let's see what they bring in.

This was honeslty a good thing for Philly. Colangelo wasn't a good GM, and they need someone better if they want to win titles.

36 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Stupid shit your ex-wives do: Get you ousted from job as NBA GM by using fake twitter accounts

Fixed for future accuracy's sake.

The next question is when will he make an appearance in the NBA again?  My guess is that they implant him on USA basketball for a little bit and then he comes back for small market team like NOLA or Orlando.

2 hours ago, Chapo said:

My money is on David Griffin for the new GM, a good way to get LeBron.

Man, I'm the last guy to cry conspiracy, but you have to wonder if the guy who leaked this was looking big picture, at least with the timing. "Hmm, what would entice LeBron? A newly turned over regime that he could insert his own people into? Check."

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Man, I'm the last guy to cry conspiracy, but you have to wonder if the guy who leaked this was looking big picture, at least with the timing. "Hmm, what would entice LeBron? A newly turned over regime that he could insert his own people into? Check."

There is no doubt in my mind that lebron returning to cleveland was 100% orchestrated.  But here, I tend to subscribe to the theory in the Ringer article that Sam Hinkie or one of his buddies put together the AI program that figured out the relationships that tied colangelo to this.  I 100% believe that because it is a little odd to me that a mediocre GM that the NBA as a whole loves, is all of the sudden going to reap the rewards of a team that a relative outsider in Hinkie put in place.

Wow, the Colangelos should never be hired again by an NBA organization:

"Sources tell PhillyVoice: Part of delay in Sixers process was due to pressure from Jerry Colangelo, who threatened to damage team relationships in the event Bryan was fired."

Link

30 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Wow, the Colangelos should never be hired again by an NBA organization:

"Sources tell PhillyVoice: Part of delay in Sixers process was due to pressure from Jerry Colangelo, who threatened to damage team relationships in the event Bryan was fired."

Link

From the article....

More than one person who spoke to PhillyVoice on the condition of anonymity suggested Jerry Colangelo tried to intervene on Bryan's behalf, threatening to interfere with club relationships around the league. The Sixers, aware of Colangelo's influence around the league and his connection to numerous agents and power brokers after decades of work in basketball, opted to move forward carefully in what team sources described as a chaotic, uncertain environment.

I think most parents can understand, but yea, Jerry should be allowed to resign/retire and then wash their hands of both of them...... This is the end to them in NBA circles as true power brokers.

Expect candidates like former Cavs GM David Griffin — with tight connections to upcoming free agent LeBron James — and Celtics assistant GM Mike Zarren to get serious consideration for the position, among other qualified candidates. The Sixers will also look at internal candidates, such as Marc Eversley and Ned Cohen, with the short window between the draft and free agency complicating a potential job search.

It is a much different search this time around than the one the NBA Sixers underwent to replace Sam Hinkie. The last time Philadelphia changed their head honcho, they were equipped with lots of promise but little in the form of concrete returns. They had yet to secure the No. 1 pick that became Ben Simmons, and Joel Embiid had not yet stepped onto an NBA court for the first time. With all that has happened since they have a much more attractive position to offer to potential candidates, even if they're not able to lure a big-time player to join them this summer.

Not surprised Griffin is going to be a name considered....