Texas @ West Virginia Series Thread

Horny Bull

42 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Nixon is and has been completely lost all year.  You can smell it on him.  

It’s got nothing to do with scouting and everything to do with being self mind-fucked.

His handful of good outings have all been thanks to locating his slider and painting some with his fastball. Obviously. The dude issued 10 walks in 34 innings last year. He’s got 20 walks in 26 IP this year. That’s his fucking problem. Walks and getting behind in the count. If he could start locating his slider again he’d be pretty solid. Until then he’s fucked 

@FletchAnd that is all 100% due to whatever squirrel cage he's got housed in his coconut.

Nixon's problem isn't velocity or location or scouting -- it's mental.  He's pressing like a mf'er and when you press you lose control.

Don't try to catch the butterfly.  Stay still in the field, hold up your hand, and let it come land by itself.  Wax on/Wax off 

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Cajun said:

@FletchAnd that is all 100% due to whatever squirrel cage he's got housed in his coconut.

Nixon's problem isn't velocity or location or scouting -- it's mental.  He's pressing like a mf'er and when you press you lose control.

Don't try to catch the butterfly.  Stay still in the field, hold up your hand, and let it come land by itself.  Wax on/Wax off 

Oh no I agree. I was more so adding to your post than disagreeing. Worded it all fucked up like an asshole. But yeah if he starts locating his off speed shit then his confidence will come crawling back and he’ll be a solid pitcher with at least all conference type upside again. Until then, like we’re saying, he’s fucked 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve told this story before, but I’m gonna tell it again.  I remember being at the Disch during the Augie days, some time toward the end of the ride.  I can’t remember the player, but it was a dude mired in a horribad slump.  He was like 0-3 with 3 Ks and 0-2 in the count with a couple of guys on base in a tied game.  I was sitting right behind the 3rd base dugout and when slump dude stepped out of the box completely defeated after strike two, Augie yelled at him - “Hey!  Hey!!!  Look at me.”  Dude stepped out and made eye contact.

Augie says calmly and fatherly, “Relax.  Every pitch is a new lifetime”.  Slump dude hit a double to the gap and put the Horns ahead for good.  

I feel like that’s where Nix is.  He needs some Zen shit to get back into the saddle.  Dude has lost the edge.  Holding on too tight…

57A028FA-8003-45F3-99FE-89AFAB285DBE.jpeg

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

I’ve told this story before, but I’m gonna tell it again.  I remember being at the Disch during the Augie days, some time toward the end of the ride.  I can’t remember the player, but it was a dude mired in a horribad slump.  He was like 0-3 with 3 Ks and 0-2 in the count with a couple of guys on base in a tied game.  I was sitting right behind the 3rd base dugout and when slump dude stepped out of the box completely defeated after strike two, Augie yelled at him - “Hey!  Hey!!!  Look at me.”  Dude stepped out and made eye contact.

Augie says calmly and fatherly, “Relax.  Every pitch is a new lifetime”.  Slump dude hit a double to the gap and put the Horns ahead for good.  

I feel like that’s where Nix is.  He needs some Zen shit to get back into the saddle.  Dude has lost the edge.  Holding on too tight…

57A028FA-8003-45F3-99FE-89AFAB285DBE.jpeg

It was probably your favorite player from those days, Conner Rowe

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

It was probably your favorite player from those days, Conner Rowe

God dammit I hated watching his back foot fly out on every swing. 
Can’t talk shit though since he fanned me on 3 pitches in high school. Jungmann too.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

He also did this..

spacer.png

He was a really interesting hitter. Lots of strikeouts and whiffs, mainly because of the back foot like I said, but if he got something inside that didn’t blow by him he had some power.

Also if you watch that video you’ll see what I’m talking about with his swing. I’ve never seen someone bucket step with their back foot until him

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

God dammit I hated watching his back foot fly out on every swing. 
Can’t talk shit though since he fanned me on 3 pitches in high school. Jungmann too.

It’s all in the wrists, dude