Dear Texas, we need to have a conversation about Louie Gohmert

Hugo Stiglitz

A former '69 high school classmate of mine was in Austin a few years ago and we were eating at the Domain. She said "A Mexican is now a cashier at the Brookshire's in south Tyler! Why would one of those people want to work at the Brookshire's in south Tyler?" I responded, "She probably needs the money." She and her husband are big aggy fans although both went to TJC and then Stephen F Austin and they are dyed in the wool republicans. They attended W's presidential inauguration.

They are devout members of Green Acres Baptist too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gohmert is a very low quality piece of shit.  it would be nice if he fell into a drainpipe and never came back up.

both jt and lee were in my district in high school.  primary memory of the city of tyler is having my short football career ended up there by david warren at rose stadium.

15 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

And they were probably glad to get a respite.

Of course, they were. Remember the text messages that were leaked when one of the daughters was talking about him having no moral compass. One of them also changed her last name out of shame.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2018 at 9:28 AM, RPM said:

He's a representative of the state of Texas. Think about that. The rest of the world looks at him to see what Texans are like.  .....

Sheila Jackson-Lee says "hold my beer".

PS:  For y'all that think idiocy is confined to one side of the aisle or other, you are just as dumb as they are.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's mildly entertaining watching him own goal: Civil War wasn't about slavery and the Confederate Flag is not a symbol of oppression, but the Democrats should change their name over it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You can criticize Gohmert for a lot of stuff but his no vote on the anti lynching bill? What the fuck? I would have voted no too. It made it a federal crime to conspire to commit lynching with a punishment of no more than 10 years. Emmett Till's killers deserve to rot under the jail, not a 10 year vacation. Now that the Supreme Court is allowing federal executions I say fry them while under the jail.

2 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

You can criticize Gohmert for a lot of stuff but his no vote on the anti lynching bill? What the fuck? I would have voted no too. It made it a federal crime to conspire to commit lynching with a punishment of no more than 10 years. Emmett Till's killers deserve to rot under the jail, not a 10 year vacation. Now that the Supreme Court is allowing federal executions I say fry them while under the jail.

....yeah....that's not why Louie voted "no."

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Lulz. 

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

Gohmert's middle daughter Caroline, who makes music in LA under the moniker BELLSAINT, seems to be of quite a different position politically... 

https://twitter.com/carolinebrooks7

https://twitter.com/bellsaintmusic

I kind of like her cover of this.  However, she has a case of East Texas Gohmert Face.

If MSNBC or CNN or ABC were in the same vein of political engineering as Fox News.  All you would hear is that Louie Gohmert is a leader on par with the speaker of the House or Senate Majority leader in the party.  That  his power is such that he is directly influencing the direction of presidential policy.

In other words he would like AOC is to Fox...

But on point Gohmert is more rather than less similar to the bulk of rural republican voters... and he is not well informed, and easily influenced... so that fits the profile as well...

Edited by horn4life
changed bright to not well informed as they are different
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I guess we call this karma. He tries to ban Democrats or at least force a name change, and their damn democratic hoax comes back to bite him in the ass.

It's only Karma if he fucking gets severely ill and maybe dies. So you know, fingers crossed.  But since he only got caught in a screening to spend time with Trump, he's probably asymptomatic or close to it and perfectly fine. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Mea Culpa: I have previously stated in other discussions on this website that I am not rooting for COVID.  I now have to retract that statement.

Same. Gohmert is an absolute piece of shit and thousands have died horrible deaths, alone without even their family being able to be by their side, thanks in part to him. I hope he goes slowly.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Mea Culpa: I have previously stated in other discussions on this website that I am not rooting for COVID.  I now have to retract that statement.

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Same. Gohmert is an absolute piece of shit and thousands have died horrible deaths, alone without even their family being able to be by their side, thanks in part to him. I hope he goes slowly.

Just say you're rooting for Karma and Darwin. Accomplishes the same sentiment, and maybe even with a broader umbrella of fuckfaces. 

• Hook 'Em 1