Minor accident caused by collision avoidance

Sorry for the thread title. I had no idea how to word it.

A car pulled out in front of Mrs Brown and forced her into the curb causing damage to her vehicle. There was no collision with the other car.

Is the other car at fault? My gut says tough shit. Any law dogs got an opinion? She got her license plate #.

51 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

She got home and there was no damage. She probably heard the anti lock brakes screeching and thought she’d hit something. Chicks.

More than likely your wife pulled in from of another car causing it to swerve and hit a curb and she was checking to see if she needed to worry about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Reason 10,001 why the first thing that gets added to all of my vehicles is a dash cam, as RPM mentioned.

Are there any that don’t record the audio from inside the vehicle?  I often scream things that make the old neg rep comment section blush. 

• Haha 1

csb - I have a dash cam and very similar thing happened to me.  Kid pulled out in front of me trying to make a left.  I swerved to avoid, hit the median and f'd my front end all up.  No collision with the kid's car.  To the kid's credit (or dumbassery) he stopped.  A car behind me also stopped and said they saw the whole thing and would tell the cops so.  Cop shows up, talks to the kid, talks to witness, assigns blame to the kid in his report.

I call the kid's insurance company and of course they give me the insurance company runaround.  "Yes sir, we have the police report and know the cop assigned blame but until we talk to our insured, we ain't gonna do a gotdamn thing and he has 30 days to respond to us."  I send them the dash cam video and they immediately say "yeah OK we'll pay for all the repairs."

Tl; dr: get a dashcam.  Also, don't tell anyone you have the video until you actually see it yourself.  There were a couple of minor details that I remembered wrong.    

• Hook 'Em 1