Need this remixed into a song [Bangers Only]

immamac

• immamac featured and pinned this topic
12 hours ago, immamac said:

It will be featured as the intro music for the prestigious surly horns podcast season 5 premier, featuring Bad Mother Fucker Jonathon Brooks. 

Looking forward to hearing the mixes. 

are you looking more for a hip hop sound or a more electro synth pop type intro sound?  or heavy metaly?

On 5/13/2022 at 11:02 AM, immamac said:

Anything that is funny

16 hours ago, RGBIII said:

How do I say all of it? Lol

here's a first swipe at a mix of hiphop and synth pop.

Edited by sidis

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd bring the vocals up.  My monitors are bassy, so I might be overestimating it, but I think the voice is a little buried.

Thanks. Haven’t done any real mixing and mastering yet. Want to make sure it is close to what they are looking for before spending any time on the important stuff. ;) 

12 hours ago, sidis said:

Thanks. Haven’t done any real mixing and mastering yet. Want to make sure it is close to what they are looking for before spending any time on the important stuff. ;) 

Great start. I'd play with the sample more and do something like get get get get in the mother fucker with a phat drop after 

@jimmyjazz, as a side note because i know you're an enthusiast for this type of stuff, as you know, my music doesn't have a lot of vocals but to clean up some of the audio recordings from string sessions, i grabbed izotope's rx9 advanced software.  decided this craptastic audio recording of bo's rant would be a good opportunity to see what it could do.  here's a comparison of the raw audio to the audio after rendering some ambience smoothing, de-humming, de-clicking, and spectral editing algorithms.  took like 30 seconds and no manual work.  obviously it's not perfect but i was pretty impressed with the comparison.

raw audio:

edited:

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Get in the mother fucker is like the most important part. Can you add some effects on that part? Also can we dial back the reverb effects I don't think they added much. 

K. Busy day but I’ll circle back to it when I have a chance. 

1 hour ago, sidis said:

@jimmyjazz, as a side note because i know you're an enthusiast for this type of stuff, as you know, my music doesn't have a lot of vocals but to clean up some of the audio recordings from string sessions, i grabbed izotope's rx9 advanced software.  decided this craptastic audio recording of bo's rant would be a good opportunity to see what it could do.  here's a comparison of the raw audio to the audio after rendering some ambience smoothing, de-humming, de-clicking, and spectral editing algorithms.  took like 30 seconds and no manual work.  obviously it's not perfect but i was pretty impressed with the comparison.

Yeah, that definitely worked more than it didn't.  I think it took some low end out of his voice, but that's a minor nit to pick given the overall improvement.

6 hours ago, immamac said:

Get in the mother fucker is like the most important part. Can you add some effects on that part? Also can we dial back the reverb effects I don't think they added much. 

okay, quick work of it but here it is with the "get in the motherfucker" given significant priority and laced through the whole thing.  doing this thing is really fucking pissing me off by the way...keep thinking of that clusterfuck of a shitshow that was the iowa state game.  ugh.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, that definitely worked more than it didn't.  I think it took some low end out of his voice, but that's a minor nit to pick given the overall improvement.

check out the difference in the wave form and the spectral.  same axes on both...look how much noise came out of the waveform.

1889175615_ScreenShot2022-05-14at1_35_04PM.thumb.png.6e5612c451c74b6afd834c42f2e82dfc.png

80822714_ScreenShot2022-05-14at1_34_17PM.thumb.png.27689925e20711b749a58c7e3a4836dc.png

Edited by sidis