Baby formula shortage

workswithseed

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Completely agree. And I'm asking if anyone has numbers because I genuinely don't know what they are. It may not be worth a public policy push. But if the numbers support the idea that we can reduce the dependence on formula in big enough numbers then we can guard against a crisis like this one in the future. Although the way the world works it would just happen again after companies drop supply because of reduced demand so maybe it's not worth it anyway.

This is the best I could do it's from the CDC.  It's not going to tell you dropoff rate out of convenience or from a lack of milk though, but that is a real problem.  But my guess is the numbers are up a whole bunch from when I was born in the 80s.  I think a lot of laws protecting breastfeeding and the general medical consensus that it's absolutely the best method if possible have certainly helped.  

Link

image.thumb.png.aac099e2a54661c51d5e2d333ae265c9.png

28 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Surly at its best. Though mine are grown I passed this information to a friend hunting for formula. Good on you for doing this. Thanks. 

I think Brisket mentioned it upthread, but they might also check stores in lower income areas. They're more likely to have stuff when people start hoarding, since their clientele can't afford to buy up the whole stock and hoard it. Just make sure and be reasonable, so there is still stuff left for paycheck to paycheck people that need it. 

We had good luck with that for other staples at the start of the pandemic. 

If in a huge pinch, this toddler version of vitamin fortified dry whole milk is probably preferable to regular milk.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nestle-NIDO-Kinder-1-Toddler-Powdered-Milk-Beverage-56-4-Oz-3-52-LB-Canister-Shelf-Stable-Toddler-Drink-3-52-lb/10804304

Can't vouch for the toddler formula personally, but the 4+ version is actually pretty tasty, much better than non-fat dry. I frequently use it for baking/cooking.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Pods said:

I think Brisket mentioned it upthread, but they might also check stores in lower income areas. They're more likely to have stuff when people start hoarding, since their clientele can't afford to buy up the whole stock and hoard it. Just make sure and be reasonable, so there is still stuff left for paycheck to paycheck people that need it. 

We had good luck with that for other staples at the start of the pandemic. 

If in a huge pinch, this toddler version of vitamin fortified dry whole milk is probably preferable to regular milk.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nestle-NIDO-Kinder-1-Toddler-Powdered-Milk-Beverage-56-4-Oz-3-52-LB-Canister-Shelf-Stable-Toddler-Drink-3-52-lb/10804304

Can't vouch for the toddler formula personally, but the 4+ version is actually pretty tasty, much better than non-fat dry. I frequently use it for baking/cooking.

There’s really no such thing as hoarding right now.  2 units max purchase.   It was 4 about 2 months ago.   My 6 month old goes through 1 large can (40ish oz) every 10 days.   There’s just no inventory.   Even if there’s 3 on the shelf with a 2 unit limit, I only buy 1 right now because I know folks are in the same boat I am.   I have a group of friends with formula feeding babies that we will buy formula for each other if we see it as well as the means I’ve mentioned ad nauseum.     Help your family/friends/neighbors.  

• Hook 'Em 5

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This story has taught me that LOTS of people - mostly men but more than a few women - have no idea how breastfeeding works besides “boobies make milk”.

Give us a tutorial, preferably with pics.  

Seriously though you are correct, and maybe some insight would be helpful for others.  Myself, I understand because my wife breast fed our kids and my daughter hers.  He’s weaning now at 18 months.  

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Completely agree. And I'm asking if anyone has numbers because I genuinely don't know what they are. It may not be worth a public policy push. But if the numbers support the idea that we can reduce the dependence on formula in big enough numbers then we can guard against a crisis like this one in the future. Although the way the world works it would just happen again after companies drop supply because of reduced demand so maybe it's not worth it anyway.

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Let's not be too hasty here, Abbot does a lot of good as well.

Abbott's lobbying dollars would never let that happen. 

The strictly enforced federal regulation that needs to return immediately is on ensuring companies aren't creating artificial shortages. 

Of course that won't happen until there's another great depression or the masses start lopping off CEOs and politicians "Antoinette style". 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

BS.  It's a huge story but some want it hidden because of where some (not all) of the blame points at. 

The FDA started investigating the issue last Fall.  They shut down the plant in Feb and only now will allow a limited restart, announced 2 days ago after Congress started complaining.  Despite learning a month ago that none of the bacterial strains that started the shutdown can be linked to the plant. 

And the FDA had been way behind on much of their inspection efforts across the board because of Covid excuses.  Buy some damn KN-95 masks and do your job.

Further exacerbated by Fed restrictions on importing baby formula, expanded over multiple administrations, despite many of those countries meeting or exceeding fed safety standards.  Why not use an executive order to declare an emergency and temporarily waive some restrictions?  Or quickly get Congress to pass a measure if that is required?  Instead the House has scheduled a hearing 2 weeks from now.  Too busy with important matters like next week's UFO hearings.

Too much concentration of supply from just a few plants.  Some specialty formulas only produced in this plant.  Why the hell hasn't the feds treated medical and critical supplies sourcing as a national security issue?  It's not inconceivable that Russian or Iranian or any other terrorist assets could sabotage such a facility.  We've only had 21 years of warning to look into such matters, and in fact did create such working groups, but the follow through hasn't been there.

While not a major cause of the shortages, it doesn't help that with such known supply disruption issues, the feds have being buying up batches of formula to deal with the huge, and likely record, influx of illegal aliens (possibly 6 million this year.)  I dunno, maybe take a pause and enforce the border a bit for a few months until we catch up with some of the supply shortages across the spectrum?  

Saw film on the news this morning where there were 18 wheeler loads of formula at one border location. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Many families need formula. Any numbers on what percentage of formula consumption is by families who don't fully need it but use it for convenience (versus breastmilk)?

I'm willing to bet plenty of childless morons are stockpiling it. 

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

CSB Warning/The Mrs. breastfed our kids, but with #2 she got a bad flu and dried up.

There's a titty coffee stand where there are two girls who will spray breast milk at you for fun.

Edited by workswithseed
Breath milk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

is on ensuring companies aren't creating artificial shortages.

They better not be, that is mob justice type action.

Also, mastitis is a bitch.

We breastfed with minimal formula support, but I support people doing whatever is best for them and their infant. Healthy baby and healthy mama is the goal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I just ran some random zip codes through Walmart and it looks like there is high variability, but most places have at least 4 options available in-store. It will let me put 5 in the cart.

Brooklyn was the only place out of everything. Burbank had 1 option. 

Spoilered some screen shots below if you're curious. 

Spoiler

Austin.thumb.png.1ae7c23fdeb0fb241352670eb6f45345.pngAlbuquerque.thumb.png.12a5e6bb450f46c929f63a89c69f29c6.pngBrooklyn.thumb.png.803aec3fad4278e1133d6ec766807e81.png383593647_LosAngeles.thumb.png.5caf2c043541657c16ced2de8f1779d8.pngchicago.thumb.png.7180aac6631a4f1f4b4829fb41dbbe2f.pngPayson_AZ.thumb.png.37a0ae3041789f2dc304f31df889e6b1.png355890113_SaddlebrookNJ.thumb.png.4067b514750a46fab267cb4420fa6a8c.png

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'm going through this with my daughter who is 10 months old. She drinks Nutramigen and we were lucky my insurance covered it because she has a dairy allergy, but even my pharmacy can't seem to get any, so we are on our own. I went from paying $70 a month for 8 cans to now $33 a can when I can find it. I've driven to several HEBs and Walmarts in the area to find formula and have settled for generic if that's in stock. I'll say the HEB brand is better on my daughter's digestive system than Walmarts brand, but I'll take what I can get. I'm looking forward to her being completely off formula in the next couple of months.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

Damn I feel for the folks who need formula. Cannot imagine the stress. 

Our family was blessed and my wife was able to breastfeed both our boys until around 15 months so I never dealt with formula. 

We have a third on the way and hopefully we are lucky again and hopefully this mess is fixed well before our due date. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo Num1 said:

I'm going through this with my daughter who is 10 months old. She drinks Nutramigen and we were lucky my insurance covered it because she has a dairy allergy, but even my pharmacy can't seem to get any, so we are on our own. I went from paying $70 a month for 8 cans to now $33 a can when I can find it. I've driven to several HEBs and Walmarts in the area to find formula and have settled for generic if that's in stock. I'll say the HEB brand is better on my daughter's digestive system than Walmarts brand, but I'll take what I can get. I'm looking forward to her being completely off formula in the next couple of months.

I can't find it online, but the some of the random Walgreens I checked have it.

In stock at Walgreens 4501 GUADALUPE ST, AUSTIN, TX 78751. Also found it in Houston, but not Dallas. It's $40 though. 

Looks like everyone else is out and the manufacturer has a blurb about it on their website. 

Only thing I see online is the toddler formulation from Target, delivered in 7 days. 

https://www.target.com/p/enfamil-nutramigen-hypoallergenic-powder-toddler-formula-12-6oz/-/A-14698865#lnk=sametab

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I can't find it online, but the some of the random Walgreens I checked have it.
In stock at Walgreens 4501 GUADALUPE ST, AUSTIN, TX 78751. Also found it in Houston, but not Dallas. It's $40 though. 
Looks like everyone else is out and the manufacturer has a blurb about it on their website. 
Only thing I see online is the toddler formulation from Target, delivered in 7 days. 
https://www.target.com/p/enfamil-nutramigen-hypoallergenic-powder-toddler-formula-12-6oz/-/A-14698865#lnk=sametab
Thanks man. A buddy of mine happened to be at HEB off 183 and got me a couple of cans.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/13/2022 at 11:45 PM, butthurt said:

Don't know if this is real or not, but I'd rather post than not if it's a possibility...Screenshot_20220513-222045_Instagram.thumb.jpg.2c7c70eb5dba08f1fd0eed27a068abf8.jpg

I couldn't find a way way to switch over to Canadian Amazon using their site so I location spoofed my phone to Canada and opened it with a privacy browser. They did have a lot of formula available so I added some to cart, logged in, and the site said my US address is unavailable to ship to. 

Sounds like some asshole just straight trolling. 

Honestly, for those of us in Texas if you're desperate or just want to get ahead of it take a weekend road trip down to a Mexican border town and I'm sure you could buy a few months supply in a grocery store(s) there. If you're closer to Canada then try there if you can get across the border. 

Edited by Hermanator

On 5/13/2022 at 11:07 AM, clapclapclap said:

BS.  It's a huge story but some want it hidden because of where some (not all) of the blame points at. 

The FDA started investigating the issue last Fall.  They shut down the plant in Feb and only now will allow a limited restart, announced 2 days ago after Congress started complaining.  Despite learning a month ago that none of the bacterial strains that started the shutdown can be linked to the plant. 

And the FDA had been way behind on much of their inspection efforts across the board because of Covid excuses.  Buy some damn KN-95 masks and do your job.

Further exacerbated by Fed restrictions on importing baby formula, expanded over multiple administrations, despite many of those countries meeting or exceeding fed safety standards.  Why not use an executive order to declare an emergency and temporarily waive some restrictions?  Or quickly get Congress to pass a measure if that is required?  Instead the House has scheduled a hearing 2 weeks from now.  Too busy with important matters like next week's UFO hearings.

Too much concentration of supply from just a few plants.  Some specialty formulas only produced in this plant.  Why the hell hasn't the feds treated medical and critical supplies sourcing as a national security issue?  It's not inconceivable that Russian or Iranian or any other terrorist assets could sabotage such a facility.  We've only had 21 years of warning to look into such matters, and in fact did create such working groups, but the follow through hasn't been there.

While not a major cause of the shortages, it doesn't help that with such known supply disruption issues, the feds have being buying up batches of formula to deal with the huge, and likely record, influx of illegal aliens (possibly 6 million this year.)  I dunno, maybe take a pause and enforce the border a bit for a few months until we catch up with some of the supply shortages across the spectrum?  

It's almost like we have allowed ourselves to prop up a government short on competent governance due to heavy emphasis on hyperpartisanship.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 2

The reality is breastfeeding is a shit ton of work and it is very hard. My daughter destroyed my boobs to the point that the doc told me to stop feeding at one of her first appointments. Nothing wrong with her latch, we just couldn't get it to work. I switched to pumping and kept her on pumped milk til one, but the effort I put in was absurd (pumping is even more work). I would not have been able to do it had it not been for covid and working from home.

Women aren't able to have this as a real option if they have to go back to work in 12 weeks, either. Can't breastfeed a baby you don't see for ten hours a day.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellellelle said:

The reality is breastfeeding is a shit ton of work and it is very hard. My daughter destroyed my boobs to the point that the doc told me to stop feeding at one of her first appointments. Nothing wrong with her latch, we just couldn't get it to work. I switched to pumping and kept her on pumped milk til one, but the effort I put in was absurd (pumping is even more work). I would not have been able to do it had it not been for covid and working from home.

Women aren't able to have this as a real option if they have to go back to work in 12 weeks, either. Can't breastfeed a baby you don't see for ten hours a day.

We'll be the judge of that.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Not Blaming the populace on this one, but it’s just another reminder that everyone should have supplies stockpiled to sustain their  family for several weeks

Pretty hard to do when there isn’t any around, you can’t really pre-plan because you have no idea what kind of formula your baby will eat until they start eating it and show signs of doing well with it, if you have to switch formulas after having stockpiled the one they were using but the effectiveness curtailed.    Your response is equivalent to Venkman saying “Go get her, Ray” 

• Like 2

Yahoo Finance had a good article on this yesterday. The issues are massively compounded, because margins are low and only 3 companies make almost all the baby formula. Abbott makes up close to 43% of the total market, with a good chunk of that coming from the currently shut down Sturgis plant. 

The Abbott Sturgis plant sounds like it was pulling some Blue Bell cleanliness standards. The FDA inspection and shutdown should have come much sooner after the whistleblower report they received. The inspections found Cronobacter sakazakii in multiple locations inside the facility, including high care areas. The company themselves found it in what they claim was a non contact area. Sucks, but they need to be shut down until they fix that and can guarantee it doesn't happen again. Cronobacter sakazakii is nasty for infants, 40-80% fatality rate and can recur after recovery. Costs on average $1 million to treat per infant. 

https://foodpoisoningbulletin.com/2022/what-is-cronobacter-sakazakii-and-why-is-it-a-danger-in-infant-formula/

The FDA, however, found more problems with the facility that extended beyond the possibility of previous contamination. Following its own inspection, which occurred from Jan. 31 to March 18, the FDA says that it observed Cronobacter sakazakii “in medium and high care areas of powdered infant formula production”—a problem regardless of whether or not it was the same strain that caused the specific infant deaths.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-running-baby-formula-because-120000395.html

Spoiler

America is running out of baby formula because 3 companies control the market and babies aren’t that profitable

Sat, May 14, 2022, 6:00 AM

Ad: 0:02

0:15

A baby formula shortage gripping the U.S. since March has parents in a panic over where and when they’ll be able to find the products they need to feed their kids.

The out-of-stock rate, representing the amount of formula that’s not in stock compared to what’s typically available, was 43% for the week ending May 8, according to Datasembly, a provider of real-time product data for retailers and consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands.

With no easy end in sight, caregivers nationwide have been forced to devote their free time to driving between stores in search of formula, prompting retailers to limit the number of cans customers can buy. Others have turned to Facebook groups and informal support networks to acquire the nutritional products that work best for their kids.

“I've looked online, I have my mom in Boston looking, my mother-in-law in Florida looking,” Elyssa Schmier previously told Fortune about her trouble finding formula for her 8-month-old son. “Everyone we know is looking for us and no one can find it.”

How did a baby formula crisis spring up in one of the world’s richest countries? Experts say a recall by one of the industry’s largest manufacturers, persistent supply-chain issues, and a market dominated by only a few players have combined to form what one consumer goods expert calls a “perfect storm” affecting the supply of essential formula to millions of babies across the U.S. And the shortage could last for months.

Here’s how we got here.

Poisoned baby formula

Abbott Nutrition is the food sector arm of medical device and health care giant Abbott Laboratories, making products that range from carb-loaded drinks that help patients rebound from surgery, to energy drinks, to powder and liquid baby formula. Though it maintains a global manufacturing network, its plant in Sturgis, Mich., is among the few in the U.S. that produce formula.

On Feb. 17, Abbott voluntarily recalled its Sturgis-manufactured products and shut down the plant following reports that four infants fell ill from bacterial infection and two died after consuming formula produced in the plant. A whistleblower report, submitted to the FDA in October 2021, alleged further health and safety compliance issues at the facility and contributed to a formal inspection by the agency earlier this year.

• Hook 'Em 6

My wife and I have a similar story, but we weaned off pumped milk at about two months for a variety of reasons. Luckily, BM was being oversupplied so we froze a decent amount which is supplementing formula.

12 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I couldn't find a way way to switch over to Canadian Amazon using their site so I location spoofed my phone to Canada and opened it with a privacy browser. They did have a lot of formula available so I added some to cart, logged in, and the site said my US address is unavailable to ship to. 

Sounds like some asshole just straight trolling. 

Honestly, for those of us in Texas if you're desperate or just want to get ahead of it take a weekend road trip down to a Mexican border town and I'm sure you could buy a few months supply in a grocery store(s) there. If you're closer to Canada then try there if you can get across the border. 

My bad. I didn't want to post something that would belong in the dumbass things Facebook thread. I should've tried looking into it before posting.

Edited by butthurt

2 hours ago, butthurt said:

My bad. I didn't want to post something that would belong in the dumbass things Facebook thread. I should've tried looking into it before posting.

It's ok it happens. I was skeptical after the part about switching from US to Canada inside Amazon, I couldn't imagine Amazon would allow that much less program a link inside their site to do so. 

On 5/13/2022 at 2:06 PM, InkaUtexas said:

Surly at its best. Though mine are grown I passed this information to a friend hunting for formula. Good on you for doing this. Thanks. 

here is a great resource

https://www.nowinstock.net/home/babyproducts/

if you install telegram it will send you notifications when items come back in stock

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/13/2022 at 7:10 PM, Bevo Num1 said:

they have Nutramigen as an option from nowinstock:

https://www.nowinstock.net/home/babyproducts/

install telegram on your phone, go to the website above, click the little telegram logo and they will let you kow when anything on the list is in stock.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Pods said:

Yahoo Finance had a good article on this yesterday. The issues are massively compounded, because margins are low and only 3 companies make almost all the baby formula. Abbott makes up close to 43% of the total market, with a good chunk of that coming from the currently shut down Sturgis plant. 

The Abbott Sturgis plant sounds like it was pulling some Blue Bell cleanliness standards. The FDA inspection and shutdown should have come much sooner after the whistleblower report they received. The inspections found Cronobacter sakazakii in multiple locations inside the facility, including high care areas. The company themselves found it in what they claim was a non contact area. Sucks, but they need to be shut down until they fix that and can guarantee it doesn't happen again. Cronobacter sakazakii is nasty for infants, 40-80% fatality rate and can recur after recovery. Costs on average $1 million to treat per infant. 

https://foodpoisoningbulletin.com/2022/what-is-cronobacter-sakazakii-and-why-is-it-a-danger-in-infant-formula/

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-running-baby-formula-because-120000395.html

Reveal hidden contents

America is running out of baby formula because 3 companies control the market and babies aren’t that profitable

Sat, May 14, 2022, 6:00 AM

Ad: 0:02

0:15

A baby formula shortage gripping the U.S. since March has parents in a panic over where and when they’ll be able to find the products they need to feed their kids.

The out-of-stock rate, representing the amount of formula that’s not in stock compared to what’s typically available, was 43% for the week ending May 8, according to Datasembly, a provider of real-time product data for retailers and consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands.

With no easy end in sight, caregivers nationwide have been forced to devote their free time to driving between stores in search of formula, prompting retailers to limit the number of cans customers can buy. Others have turned to Facebook groups and informal support networks to acquire the nutritional products that work best for their kids.

“I've looked online, I have my mom in Boston looking, my mother-in-law in Florida looking,” Elyssa Schmier previously told Fortune about her trouble finding formula for her 8-month-old son. “Everyone we know is looking for us and no one can find it.”

How did a baby formula crisis spring up in one of the world’s richest countries? Experts say a recall by one of the industry’s largest manufacturers, persistent supply-chain issues, and a market dominated by only a few players have combined to form what one consumer goods expert calls a “perfect storm” affecting the supply of essential formula to millions of babies across the U.S. And the shortage could last for months.

Here’s how we got here.

Poisoned baby formula

Abbott Nutrition is the food sector arm of medical device and health care giant Abbott Laboratories, making products that range from carb-loaded drinks that help patients rebound from surgery, to energy drinks, to powder and liquid baby formula. Though it maintains a global manufacturing network, its plant in Sturgis, Mich., is among the few in the U.S. that produce formula.

On Feb. 17, Abbott voluntarily recalled its Sturgis-manufactured products and shut down the plant following reports that four infants fell ill from bacterial infection and two died after consuming formula produced in the plant. A whistleblower report, submitted to the FDA in October 2021, alleged further health and safety compliance issues at the facility and contributed to a formal inspection by the agency earlier this year.

The other thing that doesn't get mentioned much is that the government buys an awful lot of formula for WIC.  I've seen numbers as high as 70%.

Seems like it's in the government's interest to keep production moving smoothly.

All that said, I have a bit of a tough time blaming the Biden administration for this.  It's a systemic problem a long time in the making.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

The other thing that doesn't get mentioned much is that the government buys an awful lot of formula for WIC. 

True. But, they buy it with vouchers you use at the store. It's not like they distribute it from a govt warehouse.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

The other thing that doesn't get mentioned much is that the government buys an awful lot of formula for WIC.  I've seen numbers as high as 70%.

Seems like it's in the government's interest to keep production moving smoothly.

All that said, I have a bit of a tough time blaming the Biden administration for this.  It's a systemic problem a long time in the making.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-sent-baby-formula-to-border-for-immigrants-republicans-say/ar-AAXcWrv

There are people who are mad that he's sending formula to the border, which I can get, since your own people are hurting. American parents will read it and will feel betrayed. I can't fault Joe either, because there are children at the border who also need to eat as well. It just a lose lose situation, and one is a voting bloc.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-sent-baby-formula-to-border-for-immigrants-republicans-say/ar-AAXcWrv

There are people who are mad that he's sending formula to the border, which I can get, since your own people are hurting. American parents will read it and will feel betrayed. I can't fault Joe either, because there are children at the border who also need to eat as well. It just a lose lose situation, and one is a voting bloc.

This is a manufactured issue. It’s a legal requirement that has been in place for 25 years. The phrase "pallets" are often used to conjure an image of mass quantities of formula being used but if you compare the number of babies in detention centers to the number in the general population the demand in the centers is insignificant.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

This is a manufactured issue. It’s a legal requirement that has been in place for 25 years. The phrase "pallets" are often used to conjure an image of mass quantities of formula being used but if you compare the number of babies in detention centers to the number in the general population the demand in the centers is insignificant.

"Pallets:"

FSfa481XIAEJp8l?format=jpg&name=medium

And the comparison photo from ditchpig Kat Cammack:

FSfa481XEAI927F?format=jpg&name=medium

Note that "Gogo Squeeze" is not baby formula, and the amounts of actual baby formula in the two photos are roughly comparable.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Might’ve already been mentioned, and I fucking loathe Walmart, but I went in on Saturday morning and they had a full on fucking wall of formula. 

417871F1-A478-4C78-9872-024A20EFC36B.jpeg

Not pictured were two pallets in the middle of the big aisle of cheaper shit in big bottles but we try to stick with the blue similac. 

8 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Might’ve already been mentioned, and I fucking loathe Walmart, but I went in on Saturday morning and they had a full on fucking wall of formula. 

417871F1-A478-4C78-9872-024A20EFC36B.jpeg

a full on fucking wall of one type of formula that a large percentage of the population does not or cannot use.  Quit fucking being obtuse. 

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

"Pallets:"

FSfa481XIAEJp8l?format=jpg&name=medium

And the comparison photo from ditchpig Kat Cammack:

FSfa481XEAI927F?format=jpg&name=medium

Note that "Gogo Squeeze" is not baby formula, and the amounts of actual baby formula in the two photos are roughly comparable.

Seems they have 2016 units of baby formula, quite a bit more than is on that shelf you're showing.  Hell, the 3 WallyWorlds, Sams, 5 HEB's and Target in the Waco area probably don't combined have 2016 units of formula on a given day at a given time.  

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

a full on fucking wall of one type of formula that a large percentage of the population does not or cannot use.  Quit fucking being obtuse. 

Obtuse? Unstuff your panties from your vagina and get a grip. I am sorry your kid has dietary needs, honestly that’s gotta be stressful, but it was still shocking to see such a large amount when I’m used to seeing none. No need to be an asshole for the rest of the people whose kids can use regular formula and haven’t seen that much in one setting in months. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Obtuse? Unstuff your panties from your vagina and get a grip. I am sorry your kid has dietary needs, honestly that’s gotta be stressful, but it was still shocking to see such a large amount when I’m used to seeing . No need to be an asshole for the rest of the people whose kids can use regular formula and haven’t seen that much in one setting in months. 

Fair enough.  There's a reason why there's that much of that type of formula and none of the other stuff however.  

1 hour ago, F250 said:

That's why I'm understandable. I'm just expressing the "feelings don't care about your facts." side of the equation that parents are going to feel about it.