EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

Yeah some shitty fans and some really stupid and/or shitty shit from the players.

I'm not worried about the club acting like they did nothing wrong w.r.t. the FFP investigation. That's their job. Then reality should strike and they should be banned from the competition for a year. I mean I guess it's wrong but so is Alabama acting like they don't cheat in recruiting. I'm a bit too old to care about that anymore.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

city vs. the fighting elton johns at 11am.....

not paying disney for what should be included in what i pay @@ for uverse.

anyone finds a good clean stream without sentinels, please share.

3-0 in the 63rd minute.  Total ass kicking to finish up the treble.

haha... City wins the FA cup and Firemans4Horn congratulates Liverpool.
Its the EPL thread right? I see a post about the EPL being in trouble with city about to spend big again and probably break 100 pts again...do you like leagues that you know the winner of in December?

Could liverpool make a run next year,sure but 97 pts will be hard to repeat as its only been done 3 times ever

2 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Its the EPL thread right? I see a post about the EPL being in trouble with city about to spend big again and probably break 100 pts again...do you like leagues that you know the winner of in December?

Could liverpool make a run next year,sure but 97 pts will be hard to repeat as its only been done 3 times ever

To be fair, is there that much of a difference in a 1 team and 2 team league?  It’s pretty much impossible to see someone other than Liverpool or City winning the league next year and it is May.

To be fair, is there that much of a difference in a 1 team and 2 team league?  It’s pretty much impossible to see someone other than Liverpool or City winning the league next year and it is May.
That the point of the article/thread posted...if liverpool didnt have the 3rd best season in history of the league the race would have been a 20 pt gap 2 years in a row...i cant realistically expect that again so when city drops another 100 mil in transfers again they will be heavy faves to break 97+ again

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

But do we really?  Remember January this year?

On 1/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, Bone3421 said:

Thx rafa

On 1/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Congrats on the title Liverpool.  Now time to focus on the cups and champions league.

45 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Well the treble had never been done by an English team, and the Champions League has been won by several.  Perhaps that is where he was coming from.

Maybe it’s because Pep keeps shitting his pants in CL.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Congrats on still getting to sit at the adults table.

Thanks! It was touch and go there most of the season. That is why i have trouble mustering the energy to care about the second place team whining about how all unfair it is.

Whether Man City wins two times in a row, wins by 25 points or 1 point, or whether we know who the winner of the league is by December, it is pretty much low on the list of things to care about for 2/3 of the clubs in the league.

Thanks! It was touch and go there most of the season. That is why i have trouble mustering the energy to care about the second place team whining about how all unfair it is.
Whether Man City wins two times in a row, wins by 25 points or 1 point, or whether we know who the winner of the league is by December, it is pretty much low on the list of things to care about for 2/3 of the clubs in the league.
I love how its whining to talk about things.
Dont you think that is a problem most leagues should address?
Wouldnt it be more fun if more teams were involved

Pep is a fucking idiot.
If the Champions League was easier, why didn't they win the Champions League?
Because depth doesnt matter much in CL you play your best squad in CL...in FA cup you play B or C squad these days until late but pep wont say that

200.gif
I cant make you understand it any better...pep says CL is easy compared to FA cup/carabao cup

But he doesnt win CL when he plays other teams best...he won FA cup because nobody cares about it anymore and play B/C squads...man city has a A squad as thier b/c team

Liverpool for example sat firmino/mane/salah/vvd/ and few others in FA cup

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

I cant make you understand it any better...pep says CL is easy compared to FA cup/carabao cup

But he doesnt win CL when he plays other teams best...he won FA cup because nobody cares about it anymore and play B/C squads...man city has a A squad as thier b/c team

Liverpool for example sat firmino/mane/salah/vvd/ and few others in FA cup

Image result for confused get smart gif

Changes for next season:

Next season, 2019/20, will see a handful of rule alterations which will affect Liverpool both domestically and in European competition.

The rulings come into effect on June 1—but only for competitions which start on or after that date, so the Champions League final is not included.

All laws of the game are decided by IFAB, the International Football Association Board, comprised of members of the English FA, Scottish FA, FA of Wales and Irish FA, as well as four votes toward decisions from FIFA, who represent all other associations.

For next season’s Premier League there are a handful of main law alterations which will affect the Reds, with one or two in particular likely to be positives in the eyes of fans and players alike.

Most notable is the departure of using a drop-ball situation with the opposing team to restart play.

Habitually, when the Reds are in possession and in good positions, it’s frustrating to see the opposition smash the ball 60 yards back toward Alisson in goal, after an injury or similar interruption.

From now on, the referee will simply allow play to restart by dropping the ball with the team who were in possession, saving the need to build from the back again, allowing the defending team to get back into shape.

Of course, if play has been stopped for a significant length of time then players will recover positions anyway, but at least there isn’t the frustrating boot upfield to contend with.

Additionally, teams making substitutions will now no longer be able to “coincidentally” bring off a player in the far corner of the pitch—or it’ll be counter-productive to do so, anyway.

All subbed players must now leave the pitch at the nearest point on the touchline, meaning a long walk around the turf if a forward forgets and suddenly finds himself on the far wing as his number is shown on the board.

Goodbye, pesky slow trudges, via a referee handshake and a fix of the sock.

Further rule changes include the ability to show yellow and red cards to coaching staff, just as with players, to deal with confrontational behaviour.

For goalkeepers, they must now follow two new directives when facing penalties: no moving or touching the goal posts—some try to intimidate the taker by bouncing the crossbar up and down—and at least part of one foot must remain on the goal line when the kick is taken.

As has been widely discussed this season when occurring, any handball by an attacker in the build-up to a goal will see the strike ruled out.

This is the case whether the handling is seen as deliberate or accidental, in a bid to rule out controversial goals, and also applies to if the attacker creates an advantage with an accidental handball before getting a shot away.

Finally, no attacking players will be permitted in the wall at free-kicks and must be at least one meter away from the wall.

So no more barging back into the last defender in the line to create a bit of room for the shot!