Where in the World is Melania Trump?

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not that anyone should care about this but it’s a quality side show in the Trump Reality TV Show Presidency.

Safe to say she ain’t at the White House.

Yeah.  No.  She didnt write that.  Thats oozes dotardness

it is concerning. it wouldn't necessarily be, if this president was more reserved. it used to be we could go days without seeing the first lady. but it's been nearly three weeks, after what was supposed to be basically an outpatient procedure. something is weird.

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it is concerning. it wouldn't necessarily be, if this president was more reserved. it used to be we could go days without seeing the first lady. but it's been nearly three weeks, after what was supposed to be basically an outpatient procedure. something is weird.

Something is definitely up.  Could be something dumb like plastic surgery or a legit medical issue or even something more sinister, but the insistence from the White House that there's nothing to see here is the main driver of the story.  

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Tweeting a picture of herself in the White House would end this in 5 seconds.  So she either looks terrible from plastic surgery or whatever procedure she had or she isn't in the White House.  There is most definitely something to this.

Edited by kevwun

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It was the first thing I thought of when the story first came out.

Same here. I wish I didn't have the experience which drove my suspicions*.  In a suicide attempt, the first concern is medical.  After that it includes some time for in-patient observation.  They do recommend you try to get back into your routine, but, I'm not sure there is anything routine about her life, so perhaps avoiding stressful situations would make sense. 

So, yeah, the theory hits a lot the data points.  But other theories like plastic surgery, rehab, or a serious medical (non-brain) condition do as well.  The fact that it was shortly after "Be Best" roll-out supports the suicide or rehab theories more, and the fact the White House has been so secretive makes the medical condition theory seem less likely.  The fact that there have been zero pictures supports the plastic surgery theory, but that should be obvious next time she is in public, even after the bruising/incisions heal.

Whatever the case, I know it's really none of my business. I shouldn't be engaged in this gossip. I'm not perfect.

But, if it was a suicide attempt, she could do a lot, eventually, to raise awareness and add to the national dialogue.  But she doesn't need to.

*Public Service Announcement: If you ever have a loved one go on anti-depressants, particularly teenagers, keep a close eye on them for the first few weeks.  Talk to them about how it affects their impulse control. Everything is cool now, but I did have the shittiest day of my life a little over a year ago.  You can be unlucky and lucky at the same time. I guess that's my attempt to add to the dialogue.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not that anyone should care about this but it’s a quality side show in the Trump Reality TV Show Presidency.

Safe to say she ain’t at the White House.

I  just scrolled through the last hundred or so tweets of hers. She has literally never made one comment attacking the press like her husband does in 95% of his tweets. yet it appears here.  Curious.  

My 2 cents, but I'm guessing whatever is going on is known by several inside reporters and they are just not running the story. That's good. Some things should remain private even if you are the First Lady. But this is more than just a surgical procedure.  The fact that Trump, or whoever, used her account to send that tweet confirmed it for me.  It'll come out someday but might be years.