Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

So again, am confused as to why Joel Klatt is the only person/entity actually confirming a kickoff time if it’s such an unavoidable guarantee.

I will continue to believe there’s more to the story until UT/Bama publish something definitive.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:55 AM, Jive Turkey said:

for me, it's not even about the heat that pisses me off about the 11 am kick.  it's the fact that 7 pm is "prime time," and this should be a prime time game between 2 blue bloods that don't play often (although that will change).

Plus your most recent prime time game was a loss to Kansas. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

So again, am confused as to why Joel Klatt is the only person/entity actually confirming a kickoff time if it’s such an unavoidable guarantee.

I will continue to believe there’s more to the story until UT/Bama publish something definitive.

seinfeld-good-luck-with-all-that-gif.714

• Like 1

You seem like you should be a fan of Kansas…

If you think he’s not fit to be a Texas fan, I don’t see why you think he’d cut it at a superior football program.

Yeah, I’ll bet we’re not starting from a low of 62. If by some chance an early September cold front blows through it’ll be fine. But that probably isn’t happening.

UT is still trying to sell tickets and probably asked them to hold off.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:26 PM, oldhorn2 said:

I suspect when /if we ever start playing like Prime time, we might appear in prime time.

Unfortunately that’s not how TV and CFB works.  Noon and afternoon timeslots draw more viewers.  It is a Saturday night after all.

4 hours ago, Balcones said:

Would be worse if it said 11am. It doesn’t.

Anyone have Curt Bohls piece from today on this subject?

I recycled it.....and it doesnt take the shit off my ass any better that that FCB photo I found....

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

The Alabama o line gave up a lot of sacks last season, I believe they were ranked around #120 and they should not get any better. Their d line is a 180 of that. Can’t wait.

If only we had a pass rush.. 

On 5/22/2022 at 11:35 PM, markstanco said:

The Alabama o line gave up a lot of sacks last season, I believe they were ranked around #120 and they should not get any better. Their d line is a 180 of that. Can’t wait.

wait a minute....Flood left and they became 120 in the country?....with mostly the same guys?....Maybe that Flood guy CAN coach a bit.....

• Haha 1

Sark has recently done time in Nick Saban’s brain trust.  Nick has recently seen Sark’s reactions to down, distance and game situations. Does either of those factors mean shit? I “got” Bama for the same reason 99% of you got Texas.  Because they’re my team. These games are the best we can hope for if we care about the future of college football.  Plus I want at least a dozen tight zoom shots of the chaps babes’ asses per quarter.  Hook them!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

wait a minute....Flood left and they became 120 in the country?....with mostly the same guys?....Maybe that Flood guy CAN coach a bit.....

His last year there they were #25 giving up 19 sacks in 13 games.

Last year Alabama was #106 (not 120, sorry) giving up 42 in 15 games.  

I didnt know this until I heard it on ESPNU radio.  It was certainly a shocking stat for bama. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Per the advanced line stats, they weren’t particularly good in the run game either. We were better. And the broken tackles tracking throughout the season showed the Robinsons being very similar so that was not the reason.

This year will be interesting for both programs to see if trends are developing.

The biggest difference between the two teams is the play making ability upfront from Bamas defense.

20 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Unless you're in school and getting trashed the night before, OU at 11:00 is preferable

I’ve been out of school for over 30 years now and my last cocktail on that Friday night happens when the bar I’m in issues last call. And 11:00 is still preferable.

I said it way upstream - sack the fuck up…

Edited by Ignatius

Unless you're in school and getting trashed the night before, OU at 11:00 is preferable
In that case you nap until about 2am, start the festivities and keep them going through kick.

Of course that would probably kill me these days, but I was once indestructable.

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

His last year there they were #25 giving up 19 sacks in 13 games.

Last year Alabama was #106 (not 120, sorry) giving up 42 in 15 games.  

I didnt know this until I heard it on ESPNU radio.  It was certainly a shocking stat for bama. 

Yea…but the Brockemeyers gonna fix that!

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Had Enough said:

The biggest difference between the two teams is the play making ability upfront from Bamas defense.

Well.. I mean... other than the fact that one is a perennial champion while the other has been barely above .500 for the last decade and is currently one game separated from a 6-game losing streak.  Other than that it's really just the Bama d-line.  And the only different between Angie Verona and Kathy Bates is that Angie makes a better sandwich.

• Haha 1