Texas Rho fuckheads finally charged from 2020 sexual assault incident

crash_davis

To say Texas Rho have a rapey reputation is to say that aggy have a reputation for fucking sheep, allegedly. My daughters are at Texas (no pics). It's pretty much known that co-eds going to Rho parties are only to drink unopened Claws/Trulys and never ever leave another girl friend alone. I remember my youngest who was pledging Chi O at the time telling me about this incident. I remember my eldest daughter echoing what most all co-eds at Texas already know, Rho is rapey.

One of the victims was courageous and made the alleged rape public. It was communicated all throughout campus. I am fucking surprised it took this fucking long to charge these assholes. Here's to hoping she gets the justice she deserves. It was rumored that after the incident, one of the dudes fled the country. Not sure if that's true or not.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/2-arrest-warrants-issued-for-2020-sexual-assaults-on-ut-austin-students/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Two men have been arrested for sexual assaults that occurred near the University of Texas at Austin’s campus in August 2020.

Benjamin Berkowitz, 22, and Andres Aiza, 21, were charged with aggravated sexual assault on Friday, May 13, according to an affidavit. Travis County Sheriff’s Office records show the two were booked into jail Monday afternoon.

According to the police report, the two men offered to walk two female UT students home from a fraternity party the night of Aug. 27, 2020.

According to the affidavit, the suspects made multiple advances toward each of the victims. “She described him as aggressive, forceful and was not responding when she pushed him away,” the affidavit states, referring to Berkowitz.

Both victims stated they made multiple attempts to say no to each of the suspects, but both men continued the assault.

One of the victims was finally able to free herself from the locked room and ran into the other room screaming.

The victims’ roommates heard the screaming and called 911.

Officers responded to the call in the early morning hours of Aug. 28, 2020.

A SAFE kit was provided to both victims in the days following. DNA swabs were then sent to a lab, and in October 2021, sperm results showed “very strong support” match to both Aiza and Berkowitz’s DNA.

pics of dudes.

aiza-berkowitz.jpg?resize=960,540

Shortly after the incident, there was a petition by students to shutdown Rho. It didn't work. My daughters and their friends have never been to a Rho party. They simply will not go. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/ut-students-say-texas-rho-must-go-citing-new-sexual-assault-allegations-and-public-health-violations/

The petition has garnered more than 6,500 signatures since Thursday and calls for community members across Austin to “speak up and speak out against this group that is doing nothing but ruining the college experience for everyone else at the University of Texas at Austin.”

“I have been increasingly concerned over the lack of oversight and response to the constantly growing issues and behavior surrounding Texas Rho,” petition organizer Justice Horn said. “It is widely known both in the Greek Community and around campus. I also wanted the opportunity to give a voice to the survivors and people who are afraid to speak up.”

The petition comes after an Instagram post Monday on a UT student’s account saying she and her roommate were sexually assaulted by two Texas Rho members on the night of August 27.

“I am taking a stand and will not allow these predators to victimize one more young woman by being silent,” wrote the student, who KXAN is choosing not to identify. The post goes on to say, “We are working diligently to prosecute these boys for their actions to the full extent of the law within the University of Texas system and the State of Texas.”

• Rage+1 2

My daughter is a soph at UT.  She's not really the Greek type, but I'm still quietly terrified of all the parties she goes to.  She plays in a band that is constantly gigging at co-ops, clubs, private events, etc. and I just try to tell her "cover your drink -- I don't care if you're drinking, cover your drink -- and stay vigilant".  She's tiny and could easily be subdued by almost any drunk asshole who wants to do so.

I hate people.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

At the risk of outing myself as the moron that I truly am - what is a Texas Rho? I don’t recall that particular tribe from my foggy days on the 40.

It's the "independent" fraternity that was SAE.  Let's put it this way.....these are guys who behaved so shitty, national SAE kicked them out.....but they keep on keeping on, except without any national standards or oversight.  It's going about as you'd think it would.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Shocked that a Berkowitz and an Aiza could make it in. I remember the E house being the most white bred HP , Kincaid mother fuckers on west campus. 

Yeah, those names are pretty ethnic for E-dogs.  And, while they might have been spoiled, elitist shitheads, they werent' any rapier than any other group of drunken guys at UT back in the day.  I'd have put my money on harder-partying, more violent frats.  But that's been a long time now.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, those names are pretty ethnic for E-dogs.  And, while they might have been spoiled, elitist shitheads, they werent' any rapier than any other group of drunken guys at UT back in the day.  I'd have put my money on harder-partying, more violent frats.  But that's been a long time now.

Sigma Nu had some pretty unsavory stuff go down while I was there.  Not rapey, but some weird-ass hazing stuff.  John Hamm was allegedly involved...

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's the "independent" fraternity that was SAE.  Let's put it this way.....these are guys who behaved so shitty, national SAE kicked them out.....but they keep on keeping on, except without any national standards or oversight.  It's going about as you'd think it would.

CSB: An SAE burglarized my house in West Campus on the night before the A&M game in 1990. Got away with felony level value of stuff. The security guard for the Orange Tree and Croix condos solved the case a few days later. APD showed up, went to his place and recovered most of the stolen shit. Refused to arrest the dude even after he admitted to the crime. My roommate and I wanted to press charges. APD made it so difficult, we eventually gave up.

Bernard

• Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

hazing?  surely it was only sigma nu. 

It probably wasn't only Sigma Nu, but they were the one at the time that had their charter revoked.  Guess they were already on double secret probation.

Just now, utee94 said:

It probably wasn't only Sigma Nu, but they were the one at the time that had their charter revoked.  Guess they were already on double secret probation.

those guys at that fraternity must have been some pretty bad seeds. 

33 minutes ago, Bernard said:

CSB: An SAE burglarized my house in West Campus on the night before the A&M game in 1990. Got away with felony level value of stuff. The security guard for the Orange Tree and Croix condos solved the case a few days later. APD showed up, went to his place and recovered most of the stolen shit. Refused to arrest the dude even after he admitted to the crime. My roommate and I wanted to press charges. APD made it so difficult, we eventually gave up.

Bernard

the sopranos hbo GIF

• Like 1

CSB: I was a member of a frat with a house close by the SAE house. They all went on some trip and left their CD jukebox blaring full blast all weekend long. We went over there about 4 AM on Saturday / Sunday with baseball bats and smashed it to pieces. /csb

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Sigma Nu had some pretty unsavory stuff go down while I was there.  Not rapey, but some weird-ass hazing stuff.  John Hamm was allegedly involved...

4 hours ago, futureman said:

hazing?  surely it was only sigma nu. 

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Hamm was absolutely involved. Left UT because of it.

The Sigma Nu pledgeship stories from 1991/92 or so -- my fraternity Big Brother and another close friend in our fraternity pledged Sigma Nu that year when they got booted -- were pretty nuts. They wound up coming over to our fraternity the next year and the stories they told were pretty intense. They paddled the fuck out of those guys and since Sigma Nu had a swimming pool, there was a lot of hazing involving the pool -- extended dog paddling, etc.

The Sigma Nu pledgeship stories from 1991/92 or so -- my fraternity Big Brother and another close friend in our fraternity pledged Sigma Nu that year when they got booted -- were pretty nuts. They wound up coming over to our fraternity the next year and the stories they told were pretty intense. They paddled the fuck out of those guys and since Sigma Nu had a swimming pool, there was a lot of hazing involving the pool -- extended dog paddling, etc.
Same at OK State 96-97, except they didn't have a pool. Guy in my freshman comp class got pee'd on. Sigma Nu was the worst.

Which is ironic given the Lexington Triad was founded to oppose hazing.

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In the report I saw on KXAN the other night, they said some member of Texas Rho claimed the SAE national office had put them back on the track to be reinstated.

In the report I saw on KXAN the other night, they said some member of Texas Rho claimed the SAE national office had put them back on the track to be reinstated.

Well, that makes sense. Having members commit provable sexual assault may have been an actual condition for reinstatement.
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Shocked that a Berkowitz and an Aiza could make it in. I remember the E house being the most white bred HP , Kincaid mother fuckers on west campus. 

In the immortal words of the stork "We need the dues" - Looking at you SigEp