Texas Rho fuckheads finally charged from 2020 sexual assault incident

crash_davis

7 minutes ago, freyguy said:

So in the same breath, UT will only admit <6% ranked students, but still also admit frat daddy rapists....excellent 

UT offers a bunch of what the fuck majors. a dude's chances of getting into UT increase if he chooses a what the fuck major. however, his chances of actually getting gainful employment from a what the fuck major is minimal to none. but maybe the rape memories will keep him warm on those cold nights when he lives out of his car.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, freyguy said:

So in the same breath, UT will only admit <6% ranked students, but still also admit frat daddy rapists....excellent 

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

UT offers a bunch of what the fuck majors. a dude's chances of getting into UT increase if he chooses a what the fuck major. however, his chances of actually getting gainful employment from a what the fuck major is minimal to none. but maybe the rape memories will keep him warm on those cold nights when he lives out of his car.

Are we sure Berk or Aiza actually went to UT? Over half of the Rho pledge class typically are kids who are going to ACC because they couldn't get into UT and are hoping to transfer. (Nothing against ACC. I just think it's hilarious that kids pledge UT fraternities even though they don't even go there. I know more than one kid from my hs who went to ACC pledged and never got into UT.)

12 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

CSB: I was a member of a frat with a house close by the SAE house. They all went on some trip and left their CD jukebox blaring full blast all weekend long. We went over there about 4 AM on Saturday / Sunday with baseball bats and smashed it to pieces. /csb

allegedly....I liberated furniture from that house. A couple nice leather chairs, a stuffed Buffalo head. Allegedly also liberated one of the rental trucks they had for a party build, I believe it was later found parked on MLK in front of the Fire Station and fire extinguishers had been used in the vehicle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, crash_davis said:

To say Texas Rho have a rapey reputation is to say that aggy have a reputation for fucking sheep, allegedly. My daughters are at Texas (no pics). It's pretty much known that co-eds going to Rho parties are only to drink unopened Claws/Trulys and never ever leave another girl friend alone. I remember my youngest who was pledging Chi O at the time telling me about this incident. I remember my eldest daughter echoing what most all co-eds at Texas already know, Rho is rapey.

Why the ever living fuck is anyone going to their parties if this is "known"? I know kids are stupid, but I suspect there are dozens of parties going on in Austin related to UT for people to attend on any given night. Why party with these shitheels? Shit like this drives me crazy. I know there is no situation in which a girl is "asking for it," so to speak, but I will be telling my daughter that all the "education" in the world on the topic won't rid the world of assholes and rapists. Be fucking smart. If there is any inclination that you might be unsafe in a given situation, don't fucking go there!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, next2naus said:

allegedly....I liberated furniture from that house. A couple nice leather chairs, a stuffed Buffalo head. Allegedly also liberated one of the rental trucks they had for a party build, I believe it was later found parked on MLK in front of the Fire Station and fire extinguishers had been used in the vehicle. 

Username checks out.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

Why the ever living fuck is anyone going to their parties if this is "known"? I know kids are stupid, but I suspect there are dozens of parties going on in Austin related to UT for people to attend on any given night. Why party with these shitheels? Shit like this drives me crazy. I know there is no situation in which a girl is "asking for it," so to speak, but I will be telling my daughter that all the "education" in the world on the topic won't rid the world of assholes and rapists. Be fucking smart. If there is any inclination that you might be unsafe in a given situation, don't fucking go there!

The incident linked in the OP, it think it was the first week of school. Both girls were brand new freshmen. They were prob just happy to attend a college party, maybe their first party. 

also it was the first semester of covid lockdown. many frats weren't having their normal parties, or they were very small as not to piss off the school, so prob a beggars/choosey thing.

but yea, don't blame the girls. 1000000% falls on the fuckhead guys.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, utee94 said:

Sigma Nu had some pretty unsavory stuff go down while I was there.  Not rapey, but some weird-ass hazing stuff.  John Hamm was allegedly involved...

Yeah I knew a ton of  those guys pretty well 88-92.  Overall a great group , lot of Dallas Jesuit and Strake  guys but they had some shitheads who ruined it for everyone  

Edited by jdhorn92

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

The incident linked in the OP, it think it was the first week of school. Both girls were brand new freshmen. They were prob just happy to attend a college party, maybe their first party. 

also it was the first semester of covid lockdown. many frats weren't having their normal parties, or they were very small as not to piss off the school, so prob a beggars/choosey thing.

but yea, don't blame the girls. 1000000% falls on the fuckhead guys.

Infuriating. Fuck these assholes. I was in a fraternity for a few years, pretty tame group, I would go scorched earth on anyone who would do this shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dad was an SAE at another school and he wanted me to check them out.  So I did.  Talked to him a week later and asked me how it went.  I left out the part about the massive quantities of drugs and just told him how much the dues were.  He never mentioned it again.

The Dean of Students andor the Texas IFC should publish lists of documented infractions (both legally, and of University sanctions) against every fraternity and sorority at least in the last 25 years, if not the entire history and distribute it at freshman orientation. That might help.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, JMFP said:
13 hours ago, C-Man said:
Hamm was absolutely involved. Left UT because of it.
The Sigma Nu pledgeship stories from 1991/92 or so -- my fraternity Big Brother and another close friend in our fraternity pledged Sigma Nu that year when they got booted -- were pretty nuts. They wound up coming over to our fraternity the next year and the stories they told were pretty intense. They paddled the fuck out of those guys and since Sigma Nu had a swimming pool, there was a lot of hazing involving the pool -- extended dog paddling, etc.

Same at OK State 96-97, except they didn't have a pool. Guy in my freshman comp class got pee'd on. Sigma Nu was the worst.

Who puts up with that?  To join a club?

Two things here:  I don't want to join any group where pissing on another man is cool, and, I don't claim to be a tough guy, but anybody pisses on me is gonna get his head bashed in with the nearest blunt instrument. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

The Dean of Students andor the Texas IFC should publish lists of documented infractions (both legally, and of University sanctions) against every fraternity and sorority at least in the last 25 years, if not the entire history and distribute it at freshman orientation. That might help.

https://hazing.utexas.edu/hazing-violations

11 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Thx for posting, I could have figured University had something like that. But I would like to see a more aggressive effort too provide for students. I know when my son attended orientation in '17 they didn't have it, would they have something like it by now? And again, the IFC should at the very least have something like that and aggressively publish it. Yeah, right, I know but whatever.

To be fair, some of the “hazing” violations are a stretch. Any personal servitude is considered hazing. That might include dropping actives off at class or serving during meals. Essentially asking a pledge to do anything that aren’t required of actives is off limits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, next2naus said:

Allegedly 

https://www.greekrank.com/uni/65/topic/3219952/sexual-assault-arrests/

My kid is in a frat, not Rho.  This website is evidently where they post bad reviews on one another.  This link includes what I assume are Rho's attempts at self-defense.  i do feel dumber for reading it, but thought this forum would be interested in what the students are saying/arguing.

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Who puts up with that?  To join a club?

Two things here:  I don't want to join any group where pissing on another man is cool, and, I don't claim to be a tough guy, but anybody pisses on me is gonna get his head bashed in with the nearest blunt instrument. 

I only knew it happened and it was him because he and another pledge filed a lawsuit against the house. They first went to the Greek Council but the president of the council was Sigma Nu so that went nowhere there... 

It starts out with keg parties and soristitutes. You just graduated HS and start getting invited to parties because of someone you know. You spend the summer going on float trips and to keg parties, if you ask about hazing the answer is that was something done in the past, no one does that shit anymore. Then they drop that paper in front of you asking if you want to sign up. Fuck yeah you do because these guys are blast - always have beer, liquor, and pussy hanging around - who doesn't want to be a part of that?

11 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Are we sure Berk or Aiza actually went to UT? Over half of the Rho pledge class typically are kids who are going to ACC because they couldn't get into UT and are hoping to transfer. (Nothing against ACC. I just think it's hilarious that kids pledge UT fraternities even though they don't even go there. I know more than one kid from my hs who went to ACC pledged and never got into UT.)

It’s not just SAE. Happens with a lot of Texas fraternities and it’s incredibly stupid. Texas Rho isn’t SAE. I doubt either would’ve gotten in before they had charter revoked but I’m long gone from that bullshit. I’ve never seen any girl drugged. That’s grounds for an ass kicking and expulsion. Losers who can’t get ass do that shit. 

19 hours ago, North of Walburg said:

https://www.greekrank.com/uni/65/topic/3219952/sexual-assault-arrests/

My kid is in a frat, not Rho.  This website is evidently where they post bad reviews on one another.  This link includes what I assume are Rho's attempts at self-defense.  i do feel dumber for reading it, but thought this forum would be interested in what the students are saying/arguing.

Some of the anonymous posts seem to have pretty thorough details.  I hope justice is served one way or another.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Some of the anonymous posts seem to have pretty thorough details.  I hope justice is served one way or another.

Yeah some details in the arrest affidavit don't make sense. Supposedly these dudes got all rapey on the walk home and the girls were fighting them off. Then they walk through a room where at least one roommate is up and around and don't say anything and go in a bedroom and close the door? Without alerting that roommate they'd been getting pawed / fondled / whatever all the way home?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/18/2022 at 1:21 AM, C-Man said:

Hamm was absolutely involved. Left UT because of it.

The Sigma Nu pledgeship stories from 1991/92 or so -- my fraternity Big Brother and another close friend in our fraternity pledged Sigma Nu that year when they got booted -- were pretty nuts. They wound up coming over to our fraternity the next year and the stories they told were pretty intense. They paddled the fuck out of those guys and since Sigma Nu had a swimming pool, there was a lot of hazing involving the pool -- extended dog paddling, etc.

From Hamm's wikipedia page:

He lit a pledge's jeans on fire, shoved his face in the dirt, and struck him with a paddle over his right kidney,[19] before leading the pledge around the fraternity house with a hammer claw around the pledge's testicles

On 5/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, freyguy said:

Pretty sure you don't have to be UT student to be in Rho. They have members who go to ACC.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:55 PM, Bernard said:

CSB: An SAE burglarized my house in West Campus on the night before the A&M game in 1990. Got away with felony level value of stuff. The security guard for the Orange Tree and Croix condos solved the case a few days later. APD showed up, went to his place and recovered most of the stolen shit. Refused to arrest the dude even after he admitted to the crime. My roommate and I wanted to press charges. APD made it so difficult, we eventually gave up.

Bernard

Was the dude Dr. Beeper/Rex/Porterhouse?

5 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

From Hamm's wikipedia page:

He lit a pledge's jeans on fire, shoved his face in the dirt, and struck him with a paddle over his right kidney,[19] before leading the pledge around the fraternity house with a hammer claw around the pledge's testicles

That's a motherfucker that really needs a severe beating. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Was the dude Dr. Beeper/Rex/Porterhouse?

I don’t recall his name. Last time I saw him he was on the front porch of my house on 25th with tears in his eyes asking us not to press charges. I reminded him that we hadn’t even recovered all of the stolen items yet. He walked sadly back to his Croix condo and gathered up the remaining loot that he “forgot” to give the police the night before.

Bernard

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That's a motherfucker that really needs a severe beating. 

At least he owned up to it in later years. Whats that?

From the Esquire profile, written by Maxmilian Potter :

When I bring up the incident, which was reported in Texas newspapers at the time and resurfaced in 2015, first in the tabloids and then in The Washington Post, Hamm bristles. He tells me, “I wouldn’t say it’s accurate. Everything about that is sensationalized. I was accused of these things I don’t... It’s so hard to get into it. I don’t want to give it any more breath. It was a bummer of a thing that happened. I was essentially acquitted. I wasn’t convicted of anything. I was caught up in a big situation, a stupid kid in a stupid situation, and it’s a fucking bummer. I moved on from it.”

11 hours ago, used2b said:

Pretty sure you don't have to be UT student to be in Rho. They have members who go to ACC.

We had a few guys in our pledge class of 45 or so who were at ACC. Some never got in to UT. I'm not sure if they're recognized members of the fraternity nationally or not.

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We had a few guys in our pledge class of 45 or so who were at ACC. Some never got in to UT. I'm not sure if they're recognized members of the fraternity nationally or not.

What happened after they did their 2 years at ACC? Were they just members Fresh and Soph year? I guess those are the best years to be active in a fraternity anyways.

23 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

What happened after they did their 2 years at ACC? Were they just members Fresh and Soph year? I guess those are the best years to be active in a fraternity anyways.

That's a good question. I think they either got into UT at that point or they flamed out altogether and went back home or went to other schools.

Back in the old days, the most common deal was kids that started in the summer provisional admit program and had flunked out by the end of the first semester of freshman year.  So, when they were initiated in the spring, they were not actually students at UT.

It was not at all common for people to never have been admitted to UT at all to pledge or be initiated.  But admissions were easier then.

I had a high school buddy that was not a provisional admit, but went down to Austin and enrolled during the summer specifically for rush parties.  He wound up flunking out by spring, but was initiated as a KA.  His parents were blissfully unaware of his academic failures until a month or two into the spring semester, at which point they came to Austin and dragged him home (I envision twisting his ear), never to return.

Well, he did return after getting a degree at SMU by getting an MBA at UT.

We learned, many years later, that our fraternity president had never even enrolled at UT.  He just did a five year drunk in Austin and ended up marrying quite well into a family with oil interests.

She eventually divorced his sorry ass and he is now having to work for a living at something close to minimum wage.  Fuck him. 

7 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

We learned, many years later, that our fraternity president had never even enrolled at UT.  He just did a five year drunk in Austin and ended up marrying quite well into a family with oil interests.

She eventually divorced his sorry ass and he is now having to work for a living at something close to minimum wage.  Fuck him. 

Was his name Icarus?

• Haha 2

S

Over half of every Rho class is ACC.  They have a ton of guys that stay in ACC the whole 4 years and never go to UT.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:51 AM, C-Man said:

We had 3 or 4 ACC guys every year.  We even had a couple of SWTSU guys who lived in Austin and commuted to school.  Who am I kidding, they just lived in Austin.  In our fraternity, if you were initiated you were a member.  I don’t believe the national organization cross checked their records with the university.  Intramurals got fun for a little while when they started checking student IDs and our starting QB was at ACC.  Anywho, their checks cashed, and most were gone within 2 years.

Edited by conVINCEd

On 5/17/2022 at 6:02 PM, jimmyjazz said:

My daughter is a soph at UT.  She's not really the Greek type, but I'm still quietly terrified of all the parties she goes to.  She plays in a band that is constantly gigging at co-ops, clubs, private events, etc. and I just try to tell her "cover your drink -- I don't care if you're drinking, cover your drink -- and stay vigilant".  She's tiny and could easily be subdued by almost any drunk asshole who wants to do so.

I hate people.

If only someone's wife would invent a portable drink cover...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/21/2022 at 1:42 AM, DalTxHornFan said:

Truly a life well lived

38 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Being in a “frat” just means you can’t make it on your own., you need questionable connections and queer initiation things.   Not that there’s anything wrong with that.  

Given that both then current US senators and the Governor were all brothers at my ATO chapter when I was there, your GDI bloviating is noted. Maybe it was “questionable” that they spearheaded almost a million dollar upgrade of the chapter house when I was there.  Dunno. 

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Given that both then current US senators and the Governor were all brothers at my ATO chapter when I was there, your GDI bloviating is noted. Maybe it was “questionable” that they spearheaded almost a million dollar upgrade of the chapter house when I was there.  Dunno. 

The fact that you took it in the ass and paid for it, isn’t my problem.   The fact that you’re stupid enough to tout that as a benefit, is.   

• Haha 2