Primary Night - Tuesday May 24

Pancho

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Love seeing Pat McCrory cry

Charles Booker choosing to run for Senate again instead of a layup for Louisville mayor is interesting

PA Republican Gov candidate moved forecast to lean Dem from Toss Up, PA Sen will be important because the Gov ticket wont help make the Senate race more competitive

didn't that just change a few minutes ago?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

My thought exactly. Someone tell me why this is wrong.

At the moment, the only thing I know about the Edwards guy is that he sports an epic combover.

Spoilering because GOTDAM!

Spoiler

High

Edited by bolverk
  • Haha 2

Josh Shapiro was the AG for Pennsylvania during the 2020 elections.  I would hear him on WHYY in Philly and he was pretty sharp and well spoken; not up for any bullshit.  Got my fingers crossed; any debates with Mastriano should be riveting.

Edited by Bullneck

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You just added that second tweet.  Holy shit that's some fan fiction. 

Matt Gaetz has been one of the most steadfast Republicans in refusing to submit to left-wing moral imperialism.

Also:

These 2 Vegetables Legally Kill Your Belly Fat Overnight

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So is this edwards guy going to be better than madi or is this like for like? 

He'll be a bigger asshole but less of a moronic performance artist who we can regularly make fun of.  So lose-lose.

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

So……it was a massacre?

59-26

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fun and interesting change. 

Correction:  McCormick just said mail in votes will be counted tomorrow.  My bad.  I must have confused it with NC.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So is this edwards guy going to be better than madi or is this like for like? 

He's likely to be worse short-term.  He'll be more sly and strategic with his brand of neo-nazi, hillbilly, crazy christian right politics and vote accordingly.  Long-term though, Cawthorn, for all his hypocrisy and strange self hatred proclivities had the look and the made up story to be a Q-anon star if he could mature and figure it out.  By burying him early, you kill the weed early.  Edwards is your average -- white, ugly, hilariously nerdy conservative weirdo..... Cawthorn could have been groomed to be something more.... but he self destructed and tonight buries him and that potential, at least for now.... The christian right are a funny hypocritical bunch.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It will be great if Oz ekes a small lead tonight but McCormick takes it back with the uncounted mail in tomorrow. Trump fans and trump will go ballistic. 

Fetterman vs Oz would be a blood bath.

Oz is from Cleveland and went to Harvard.

Fetterman has history in both East and West, PA. He was born in Reading, PA. He went to college in Reading. He was the mayor of Braddock, PA, which is a suburb of Pittsburgh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pennsylvania turnout numbers look great for dems. I hate Philadelphia eagle fans, but I guess people in that state are intelligent enough to not blame Biden for all the troubles in their life. High gas and food prices were going to happen after the world ramps up and recovers from the pandemic. Inflation would be just as bad, if not worse, if Trump was still in office.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Pods said:

Fetterman has history in both East and West, PA. He was born in Reading, PA. He went to college in Reading. He was the mayor of Braddock, PA, which is a suburb of Pittsburgh. 

Yea, most talking heads think Fetterman probably favors a race vs Oz, a carpet bagger.  McCormick is a hack with no principles or morals but he has tons and tons of money....

• Hook 'Em 1

Won’t matte® - partisanship and MAGA cult membership is too deeply entrenched.

But the Dem ticket in PA is strong and the GOO ticket is going to look very shaky to moderates. Run a good campaign, avoid October surprises, and they could manage to hold the governorship and pick up a swing state senate seat in a down year.

9 hours ago, Pods said:

and also went to Harvard

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I agree with Trump (hate saying that) that these cities or counties need to get it together to count their votes ASAP.  Someway, somehow they should be able to end the evening with the result. Obviously no one is expecting a recount (if needed) on election night or dealing with an unexpected problem like a widespread power outage.

This is also an example why the federal govt should either take over elections or at least create national standards that have to be met. Failure to do so, would trigger the feds to step in to resolve.

Edit: I don't understand why county officials wouldn't be onboard with bringing on more resources to help with elections. I've never heard of an elected official that doesn't want to find an excuse to make jobs for constituents. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

10 hours ago, Pods said:

and lives in New Jersey.  he should get destroyed.

Still, Oz may have to explain why he isn’t running for office in New Jersey, where he has lived for the past two decades before he began voting in Pennsylvania’s elections this year by absentee ballot, registered to his in-laws’ address in suburban Philadelphia.

His longtime home is above the Hudson River in Cliffside Park, New Jersey, overlooking Manhattan, where he films his TV show and practices medicine. Oz became a household name after gaining fame as a guest on Oprah Winfrey’s show before starting his own show in 2009.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2021/11/celeb-surgeon-dr-oz-a-longtime-nj-resident-running-for-senate-in-pa.html

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree with Trump (hate saying that) that these cities or counties need to get it together to count their votes ASAP.  Someway, somehow they should be able to end the evening with the result.

Why?  What's the rush?

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree with Trump (hate saying that) that these cities or counties need to get it together to count their votes ASAP.  Someway, somehow they should be able to end the evening with the result. Obviously no one is expecting a recount (if needed) on election night or dealing with an unexpected problem like a widespread power outage.

This is also an example why the federal govt should either take over elections or at least create national standards that have to be met. Failure to do so, would trigger the feds to step in to resolve.

Edit: I don't understand why county officials wouldn't be onboard with bringing on more resources to help with elections. I've never heard of an elected official that doesn't want to find an excuse to make jobs for constituents. 

something something voting rights. something something voter suppression.

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Pennsylvania doesn’t allow them to begin counting mail-in ballots before Election Day. It’s a ridiculous law that should be changed. 

• Pancho changed the title to Primary Night - Tuesday May 24