Primary Night - Tuesday May 24

Pancho

55 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Pennsylvania doesn’t allow them to begin counting mail-in ballots before Election Day. It’s a ridiculous law that should be changed. 

Exactly, there is zero reason that mail-in ballots are not counted as they arrive. It doesn't mean that election officials should have access to the ongoing results.

The main obstacle to common sense solutions is that conspiracy theorists rule the day. They will always assume the fix is on. Your side won by 5 million, you must have created 5.1m votes.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree with Trump (hate saying that) that these cities or counties need to get it together to count their votes ASAP.  Someway, somehow they should be able to end the evening with the result.

Wasn't PA the state whose Republican-controlled legislature passed a law that prohibited counting early ballots before election day?

• Hook 'Em 1

No vote should be counted until after the polls close, period. 

Knowing those results before they election would be extremely valuable to any candidate. You get maga gqp in that office, that can access that data and it’s as easy as that 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Why?  What's the rush?

This isn't 1822. We should be able to count votes quickly today. 

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Knowing those results before they election would be extremely valuable to any candidate. You get maga gqp in that office, that can access that data and it’s as easy as that 

point made that people assume that others are always cheating. This is why no one will ever believe an election result again.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This isn't 1822. We should be able to count votes quickly today. 

point made that people assume that others are always cheating. This is why no one will ever believe an election result again.

There’s a huge maga push to run election official positions for a reason. It isn’t for their love of this country. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is also an example why the federal govt should either take over elections or at least create national standards that have to be met. Failure to do so, would trigger the feds to step in to resolve.

On the one hand, yeah, everything should (and could) be counted much faster.

On the other, no way in hell I want the feds involved, not after we had Trump as President, because just based on what he's publicly said, there's no way he wouldn't have fucked around with things.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

10 states allow mail-in ballots to be counted early today. I haven’t heard of any irregularities around this topic in those states.

I concur that MAGA GQP candidates need to be kept as far away from any voting process and data as possible.

Formerly Fat Mike poking the bear, I like it.

When Kemp beats Perdue on Tuesday in Georgia for the Republican Gubernatorial primary, we might see Trump come out and endorse Stacey Abrams. Two high profile losses for endorsed candidates will make the room spin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

When Kemp beats Perdue on Tuesday in Georgia for the Republican Gubernatorial primary, we might see Trump come out and endorse Stacey Abrams. Two high profile losses for endorsed candidates will make the room spin.

Three counting maddy boy

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 4:05 PM, StassneyHorn said:

I’m rooting for Raffensperger in Georgia. All the man did is his job. So so controversial.  Stupid republicans.

On 5/18/2022 at 1:44 PM, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, yeah, everything should (and could) be counted much faster.

On the other, no way in hell I want the feds involved, not after we had Trump as President, because just based on what he's publicly said, there's no way he wouldn't have fucked around with things.

Even dotard wouldn’t be as bad as what our local fucksticks are capable of doing if they get worried about losing an election.  We need UN election observers if anything. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• Pancho changed the title to Primary Night - Tuesday May 24

I'm wrestling with whether it's worth voting in the Republican primary to vote against Paxton and Christian.  Is one of the R candidates for GLO Commissioner the anti-christ?  I'm assuming that GQP is never going to stop sending me mail, so I feel like it's largely a sunk cost.  Stogner seems to be a different type of R, but Bush still sucks.  Talk me into spending the 45 minutes to vote today.  

Gonna vote in the Dem runoffs on my way home.

None of it matters.  The worst GQP candidates are going to win the primary, and then the general.  Not because most Texas voters don't care, but because most Texas voters actively prefer the shittiest of human beings.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Reasons to vote in the Republican Primary:

End the Bush political dynasty and send a candidate into a general election with felony indictment hanging over there head.

Or

End Paxton’s career and get what should be a normal Republican. Still not convinced of the Trumpiness with P. He does indeed suck a mean cock for what he’s been doing to Houston and Harvey funds though.

Sarah Stogner is not some die-hard Republican. She has donated to Beto and supported him in the senate and gubernatorial run. She does not have a history of voting in the Republican primary. Send her over the edge in a R primary and you get your first Democrat elected statewide in decades. She’s running on an environmental issue as an Oil and Gas regulator. But most of all, pasties.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Gap03 said:

I'm wrestling with whether it's worth voting in the Republican primary to vote against Paxton and Christian.  Is one of the R candidates for GLO Commissioner the anti-christ?  I'm assuming that GQP is never going to stop sending me mail, so I feel like it's largely a sunk cost.  Stogner seems to be a different type of R, but Bush still sucks.  Talk me into spending the 45 minutes to vote today.  

Since we are a one party state, I always vote in the R primary to do my part in eliminating indicted felons from having high-level elected positions. It hasn’t worked yet but maybe this is the year?

• Haha 1

Paxton up over Bush…..BY THIRTY FUCKING POINTS. The worse a human a man is, the more they love him. This fucking state.
That's all you need to know. There was a time not long ago that the Rs in Texas saw GPB as their ticket to a 3rd Bush in the White House.

Now? He can't beat a corrupt fucking criminal in the race for Texas attorney general.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Bama.

It's always a good day to vote against Tim James.

As for the senate, I voted for Mike Durant since the others called him a liberal foreigner, I figured he must be doing something right. Now I'm stuck with a run-off between Robot Jesus Barbie Katie Britt, and Evil Traitorous Snow-Monkey Mo Brooks. With Mo's blow-up with Trump, and the possibility that there's all sorts of insurrection dirt on him, I am drawn to vote for him over institutional boulder Britt, who will probably be in there for life if she gets it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I haven’t bothered to check but is Katie Britt one of the Cullman Britts?

The Britt is her husband, wherever he's from.[Edit--yes he's from Cullman] Katie is a Boyd from down around Enterprise. Her family seem like happy people and fake-kidnapped another child:

https://www.southeastsun.com/news/article_ccc3f773-6f57-58b1-a828-ebbd5c6c2a44.html

Edited by RDCanecutter

Cisneros now up by 87 votes with mostly Bexar Co. left, edited cause now Cuellar is up 185

Trump gets two losses in Georgia for Governor and their Secretary of State. Should just come out and endorse Abrams already

Edited by StassneyHorn