The Killer- David Fincher

Nope- Jordan Peele

Men- Alex Garland

Disappointment Blvd- Ari Aster

Stone Mattress- Lynne Ramsay 

Decision to Leave- Park Chan Wook

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Knives Out 2 (releasing sometime in 2022 but no set date yet AFAIK)

Amsterdam (David O. Russell directs and an eclectic cast, including De Niro, Christian Bale, Rami Malek, and Zoe Saldana)

The Wonderful Story Of Henry Sugar (a Wes Anderson piece and it has a star cast) uncertain if it will be this year, though--it hasn't finished filming.

The Menu (Ralph Fiennes)

maybe will keep an eye out for Borderland (Felicity Jones and Mark Strong---I enjoy watching them in other movies ) and Manodrome.

Also will be waiting for a few listed above--especially The Killer. Loved The Social Network and a few others.

Oppenheimer has my interest

17 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also will be waiting for a few listed above--especially The Killer. Loved The Social Network and a few others.

I'm really excited to see him presumably return to a neo noir serial killer movie. Se7en is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

The director I would like to see given a chance with a larger than life script for the big screen would be Marc Webb. I am aware he has directed projects since the Amazing Spiderman movies got terminated by Sony, but he has a way with relationships and characters that has me interested to see what he can do if given some slack and a free hand. He's currently involved with filming a live version of Snow White featuring Rachel Zegler (West Side Story), Andrew Burnap (Tony Award winner) and Gal Gadot. The latter has me a little concerned but I'll hold off judgement because actors/actresses can and do surprise me sometimes. But I wouldn't mind seeing something that is similar to his 500 Days of Summer, not in content so much, but from an original screenplay like 500 was rather than an adapted one. A lot of great art has come from adapted screenplays, but I would like to see what some new screenwriters can do from their own imagination and see a director put it to film.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, Fud said:

Crimes of the Future- David Cronenberg

Nope- Jordan Peele

Men- Alex Garland

Disappointment Blvd- Ari Aster

Stone Mattress- Lynne Ramsay 

Decision to Leave- Park Chan Wook

On 5/18/2022 at 6:46 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Amsterdam (David O. Russell directs and an eclectic cast, including De Niro, Christian Bale, Rami Malek, and Zoe Saldana)

Definitely all of these. Seeing MEN next Wednesday.  Super excited for the White Noise (Baumbach) and Killers of the Flower Moon (Marty) adaptations, though I’m not convinced it will happen in 2022. Very excited for James Gray’s Armageddon Time. Intrigued by Barbie, only because Greta and Margot can do no wrong.

Couple others on my list are Good Luck to You, Leo Grande, Emergency, When You Finish Saving the World, and Speak No Evil (though I’ve heard this is super fucked up). I also have You Wont Be Alone ready to watch at home soon.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, Brandywine said:

I'm looking forward to Lightyear, Jurassic World Dominion (will probably be disappointed) & Elvis (probably the same). 

Depends on which Elvis, Elvis the King or Surly’s Elvis with the swinging wife?  

11 hours ago, kilroydos said:

I saw it Friday and it sounds terrible to say, given the subject matter, but I really enjoyed it.  

On the whole I liked it, and Jesse Buckley can do no wrong in my book.

Keeping with the theme of this thread, I saw a trailer for Olivia Wilde’s new movie with Florence Pugh, Don’t Worry Darling. Adding it to the list.

• 1 month later...

Release date for Bones And All has been set for November 23 of this year. No trailer for it. Based on the novel by Camille DeAngelis, the director is Luca Guadagnino and the cast includes Timothee Chalamet, Chloe Sevigny, and Mark Rylance--the latter being what got my attention on the radar as I enjoy watching Rylance at his craft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In Post Production:

Disappointment BLVD: Ari Aster

The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar: Wes Anderson

Asteroid City: Wes Anderson

Poor Things: Yorgos Lanthimos

Infinity Pool: Brandon Cronenberg

Civil War: Alex Garland

Next Goal Wins: Taika Waititi 

In Production: 
Dune Part 2: Denis Villeneuve

Freak Shift: Ben Wheatley

Mickey7: Bong Joon-ho 

• 2 months later...

Still waiting on some of the movies listed above, but the ones I've seen thus far (especially The Menu) have been alright and enjoyable.  Wes Anderson taaaaakes foooorever, but I do enjoy his work so my impatient self can just sit down and shut up til it happens.

Anyway, saw a few upcoming that piqued my interest:

Devil's Peak (Billy Bob Thornton, Robin Wright, Jackie Earle Haley, Hopper Penn). It's mother and son (Wright & Penn) acting together in a crime/thriller set in Appalachia.

Jesus Revolution (good vibes drama)

Fast Charlie (Morena Baccarin, Pierce Brosnan). No idea what it is about, but am bookmarking it for my spouse cause he'll watch anything she's in.

Don't want to miss the latest John Wick installment due out next month or so. Love Keanu Reeves' character.

There's some more coming out later, Renfield with Nicolas Cage, Nicholas Hoult, and Awkwafina coming out towards summer. Hoult and Awkwafina are two of the younger crowd I like to watch and seem to have some range.

There's quite a bit more heading into summer...