The Time Traveler's Wife--(2022) HBO series

Mrs Whiggins

Anyone else watch the first episode? I won't give anything away spoilerwise, but I was underwhelmed. Had hopes for it because it was a Steven Moffat (Dr. Who, Sherlock) piece and stars Theo James & Rose Leslie, both of whom I've liked in other works.

Six episodes total, so I may give the next one a go. Or maybe Mare of Easttown spoiled me.

• 3 weeks later...

got sucked into watching this weeks ep with a lady friend.  only saw this weeks episode, but I remember some details from the movie that came out a few years ago.

so its 2021 and you are going back in time to 2008.  and you are asked for stock tips and you have 10 mins to think of 5-6 companies that either dont exist in 2008, or arent doing that well, that by lets say mid 2021 are doing beyond very well.

also, lets assume our time traveller isnt really keeping up on the "perfect" stock to buy- especially since he never knows exactly which date hes going to have come from to give the stock tips.

So it has to be large, well-known companies that you recommend that you remember hearing about doing well here and there.

The top 3 have to be Amazon, Apple and Google right?     Yeah, all 3 existed and were trading in 2008,   But, they all went from large, to fucking huge from 08 to 21.

Netflix, I guess could be on that list. and a crowd favorite.

there were some cryptos on the list as well.. but I didnt see Bitcoin....  again lots of people who dont pay that much attention to things know about bitcoin, and that wouldnt have even existed in a trade mode until late 2010.

I would even consider saying twitter

so what would your 5-7 picks be?  (again, no cheating and looking up best performance since '08) what stocks would you tell yourself in 08 to buy and hold until at least 2021

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

got sucked into watching this weeks ep with a lady friend.  only saw this weeks episode, but I remember some details from the movie that came out a few years ago.

so its 2021 and you are going back in time to 2008.  and you are asked for stock tips and you have 10 mins to think of 5-6 companies that either dont exist in 2008, or arent doing that well, that by lets say mid 2021 are doing beyond very well.

also, lets assume our time traveller isnt really keeping up on the "perfect" stock to buy- especially since he never knows exactly which date hes going to have come from to give the stock tips.

So it has to be large, well-known companies that you recommend that you remember hearing about doing well here and there.

The top 3 have to be Amazon, Apple and Google right?     Yeah, all 3 existed and were trading in 2008,   But, they all went from large, to fucking huge from 08 to 21.

Netflix, I guess could be on that list. and a crowd favorite.

there were some cryptos on the list as well.. but I didnt see Bitcoin....  again lots of people who dont pay that much attention to things know about bitcoin, and that wouldnt have even existed in a trade mode until late 2010.

I would even consider saying twitter

so what would your 5-7 picks be?  (again, no cheating and looking up best performance since '08) what stocks would you tell yourself in 08 to buy and hold until at least 2021

Tesla, Google, Apple, Amazon, Whiting Petroleum 

i gave up after two episodes.  i saw the movie and it was okay, better than this show is.  imo, they made a mistake in the casting of both main characters.  she was hot in got, but not so much here, and both actors rub me the wrong way.  too difficult to watch.  

i read the book in 2005 and absolutely loved it...very, very good and strongly recommend that anyone read it.

both efforts to screen it (the movie and this series) have not done it justice.  read the book, forget the adaptations.

i read the book in 2005 and absolutely loved it...very, very good and strongly recommend that anyone read it.
both efforts to screen it (the movie and this series) have not done it justice.  read the book, forget the adaptations.

How novel! A bookfag telling us how much better the book is in the tv/movie forum.
  • Haha 1