Amarillo's New MiLB Team Name

Rimbo

the original story on this, that came out in the aas about a year ago, is that the padres were moving the missions from san antonio to amarillo, the rangers were moving the express to san antonio, (san antonio would get a triple a team), and the astros would move their triple a team from fresno to round rock.  about a month ago there was another article in the aas saying the ryan's hadn't agreed on what to do with round rock yet.  that's a real bummer.  i would love to see the express go back to an astros affiliate.

8 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

the original story on this, that came out in the aas about a year ago, is that the padres were moving the missions from san antonio to amarillo, the rangers were moving the express to san antonio, (san antonio would get a triple a team), and the astros would move their triple a team from fresno to round rock.  about a month ago there was another article in the aas saying the ryan's hadn't agreed on what to do with round rock yet.  that's a real bummer.  i would love to see the express go back to an astros affiliate.

Absolutely right about the AA Missions going to Amarillo under a new name. I think moving a AAA team to San Antonio was contingent upon a new downtown ballpark which to my knowledge isn't happening any time soon. 

4 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Absolutely right about the AA Missions going to Amarillo under a new name. I think moving a AAA team to San Antonio was contingent upon a new downtown ballpark which to my knowledge isn't happening any time soon. 

didnt remember that part.  all it said was that all this hinged on amarillo getting their stadium built, which was under construction at the time.  i was under the impression aaa rangers would play at wolff.

10 hours ago, UrbanAchiever said:

The AAA team from Colorado Springs is moving to San Antonio and becoming the Missions.

3 hours ago, BornOrange said:

No, I think Jerky is even worse.

I hate to think about what kind of things they might do for the seventh inning stretch.

What about an old school rap group (or just Kel Mitchell) to hype the crowd during the stretch..?