KU @ Texas - Thurs-Sat Series

zlavydra

Just now, ztejas said:

Would some of y'all chill the fuck out. 

I lost the benefit of chilling out when we walked six batters and hit two of them with a 7-0 lead and gave up ten runs in a single half-inning. Every walk that happens with greater than a 5 run lead from here on out requires unrestrained rage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

How many RBI have we taken from Ivan with baserunning errors

32?

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

Seriously, what in god’s name happened to Nixon? Did he have a car accident that fucked up his brain or something g during the off-season? 

Too much squatting. 

1 hour ago, sidis said:

That stat they just flashed is crazy. We are 27-6 when we have 10+ hits in a game. How do you have six losses in games with 10+ hits? Lol. 

By giving up even more hits.

But still 33 games with 10+ hits is pretty impressive. 

51 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

And we have gone 6-1 since then!

Granted...against some pretty shitty teams.

Eh those late Augie teams and the 2019 team probably go at best like 4-3 during this stretch. It would’ve been easy for our dudes just to mentally give up after one of the more painful series a team can endure. But these dudes don’t have any quit in them. This lineup with Gordon, Hansen, Morehouse, Harrison and whoever else can step up out of Stevens, Nixon, Lebarron, Olivarez and Cobb intrigues me. Like Augie would say, just take it inning by inning. Oddly excited for the postseason 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Eh those late Augie teams and the 2019 team probably go at best like 4-3 during this stretch. It would’ve been easy for our dudes just to mentally give up after one of the more painful series a team can endure. But these dudes don’t have any quit in them. This lineup with Gordon, Hansen, Morehouse, Harrison and whoever else can step up out of Stevens, Nixon, Lebarron, Olivarez and Cobb intrigues me. Like Augie would say, just take it inning by inning. Oddly excited for the postseason 

Me to. I feel like we are in for another crazy run.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Me to. I feel like we are in for another crazy run.

And for whatever reason the last 10ish years we just play better with a chip on our shoulder. So go ahead. Give us a 2 seed and ship us off to south bend or college station (please please please). I would not want to play us in the postseason due to our lineup alone. Our top of the order can make it 3-0 really fucking fast and take the crowd out of it. And like 3/4’s of the team was in Omaha last year. Experience like that typically pays off 

Final TraDischion tonight honoring a fellow Greyhound, Seth Johnston. Not a bad 4 yrs playing ball at UT. 4CWS appearances, 1 Runner Up (2004) and 2 National Championships 2002/2005.

I love watching LHN's doc about the 2005 team, with him talking about his first at bat during that CWS against Baylor and Augie giving him the take sign....Nah, I'm going yard. 2 run blast to set the tone. 🤘😎

Seth's bio during his time on the 40 below...

https://texassports.com/hof.aspx?hof=913

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

By giving up even more hits.

But still 33 games with 10+ hits is pretty impressive. 

And also walking a shit ton of batters.  Most of our issues are self-inflicted...free passes, terrible baserunning, etc. etc.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Final TraDischion tonight honoring a fellow Greyhound, Seth Johnston. Not a bad 4 yrs playing ball at UT. 4CWS appearances, 1 Runner Up (2004) and 2 National Championships 2002/2005.

I love watching LHN's doc about the 2005 team, with him talking about his first at bat during that CWS against Baylor and Augie giving him the take sign....Nah, I'm going yard. 2 run blast to set the tone. 🤘😎

Johnston was such an elite college shortstop. Hit 3rd on the 2005 title team. BA up around 390 basically all year. Had power, great vision, and really good defense. We have had many great SS but that guy may be the best we’ve had since then. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

And also walking a shit ton of batters.  Most of our issues are self-inflicted...free passes, terrible baserunning, etc. etc.

As it usually is. Your biggest opponent in baseball is usually the game itself. Sure you may be facing the 1990s Braves pitching staff or Murderer's Row but not often.

But a great team does it less.

31 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Concur!   I love watching his smirk, mainly because of the outcome.

Most love to diss the LHN, but nuggets like this made all the Lowell Galindo BS worthwhile.  

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Johnston was such an elite college shortstop. Hit 3rd on the 2005 title team. BA up around 390 basically all year. Had power, great vision, and really good defense. We have had many great SS but that guy may be the best we’ve had since then. 

Was fun watching him play when I got the chance.

I was living in the PNW during his his time at UT but did get back occasionally to see him play while visiting my folks. One spring we had come down to visit while he was a senior in high school. The wife needed to do a track workout, so we went to the high school and I walked over to the baseball filed to watch practice. They were prepping for playoffs and I know they kept wondering who the man in the stands was, sitting there watching. I was sure the Coach was nervously thinking I was scouting for another school, so I walked over and told him I was just an old alumni that was killing time while his wife was using the track.....he laughed, but I wasn't totally sure that he believed me. 😆

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

And he played 2nd till his senior year iirc. Awesome dude too. Posted about the national champs camp he and Thigpen and J Brent and Maroul and Buck Cody and few others through together. Was a magical couple of weekends playing ball with those dudes as a 13 year old. 

Headed to the disch tonight with a friend? Anyone else gonna be there? It’d be an honor for one of y’all to buy me a beer 

• Haha 2

Although we will not be at the Disch, the juice box, or Vincent-Beck tonight; we will still partake in ballpark grub.  Tonight's menu: hot dogs, nachos, peanuts and popcorn.  I'm sure we will celebrate when Ivan ties up the HR record this evening.  Hook Em!

• Hook 'Em 2