how do i complain to invision communities that the editor for this board sucks ass?

elfenix

apparently this shitty "smart" editor is the only one available, you can't go edit the bbcode yourself.  it is absolute garbage for editing quotes into your post later. 

look at this shit:

the top part of my post was the first bit submitted and posted. then i saw fishtybuns' post and wanted to respond to that while not looking like swam.  so i copied the text out of his post, pasted it into the edit window, manually added [ quote ]  [/ quote ] tags around it, then typed my own text below the quote tags.  for some reason this shitty editor decided i wasn't serious about closing the quote tag there, closed it after my text instead, and now i can't even fix the gotdamn thing hitting the edit button

Edited by elfenix

• 2 months later...

I've been learning that if you kind of explore, you can do everything you could do before, just a bit differently.  I can't rework the OP right now but I think one solution is to make sure you insert a line below the original quote, and if nothing else and your response lies within the original quote, you can cut it and re-paste it below the quote box.

Another thing is I recently discovered the (in Windows) Alt-right click feature when you edit.  Your commands vary depending on what you're doing.  But take a look at that when posting/editing, it's pretty cool.

3 hours ago, slorch said:

The time-out on the editor is too short, IMHO.

Would it be possible to make it about 10 minutes?

Exactly.  <=5 minutes to edit now?  That’s ridiculous.  Didn’t we have 20 min on TOS?  Even 10 would be better than what we have now.

Edited by solamente73
Testing to see if I can edit

9 hours ago, slorch said:

The time-out on the editor is too short, IMHO.

Would it be possible to make it about 10 minutes?

GD it, you've made me agree with Slorch. That should make it obvious how bad this is.

I'd even say 20 min would be reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...