Great Replacement Theory is no longer fringe, it’s mainstream

Satchel

40 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Is it any wonder maga conservatives are meeting in Hungary? Viktor Orban is preaching GRT everywhere and his operatives are saying Fucker Carlson’s TV shows that extol the virtues of GRT should be made available 24/7:

https://www.vox.com/2022/5/19/23123050/hungary-cpac-2022-replacement-theory

On May 16, just days after the deadly mass shooting in Buffalo, New York, motivated by conspiratorial fears of white WestUIerners’ “Great Replacement” by minorities, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán endorsed the shooter’s ideology in a nationally televised speech.

“Part of the picture of the decade of war facing us will be recurring waves of suicidal policy in the Western world. One such suicide attempt that I see is the great European population replacement program, which seeks to replace the missing European Christian children with migrants, with adults arriving from other civilizations,” Orbán said.

Orbán is a close observer of American politics; the speech literally contains an exhortation to “make Hungary great again.” It is implausible, as the Guardian notes, that he was unaware of the concern in Washington over “Great Replacement” ideology — a conspiracy theory that posits a shadowy plan to “replace” the white Western population with immigrants and the children of nonwhites.

But Orbán is not adopting this language in response to events in America: It has been a central element of his ideology for years.

“I think there are many people who would like to see the end of Christian Europe,” he said in a representative 2018 radio interview. “They believe that if they replace its cultural subsoil, if they bring in millions of people from new ethnic groups which are not rooted in Christian culture, then they will transform Europe according to their conception.”

In contemporary Hungary, we see a country where “Great Replacement” theory dominates not just official rhetoric but also policy. Migrants are treated cruelly at the border, while the government casts LGBTQ minorities as a threat to Hungarian birthrates and pushes a message to convince women to take up “traditional” roles as homemakers and mothers. Advocates for immigration and immigrant rights, like the Hungarian American Jewish philanthropist George Soros, are described as enemies of the state and attacked accordingly.

Dude ... you have to subscribe to the talking points ... it's 

ULTRA MAGA ! ! ! 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They are when they and their children depend on the social programs you want to cut.

Godamnit. Are we going to do the thing where we talk about how it’s just not fair the fry cook with 5 kids and three kids daddies can’t afford to live in central Austin? And how we should all pitch in because her dignity is offended.  Offended by where she can’t live, not that she couldn’t finish high school. 

• Fuck You 10

Godamnit. Are we going to do the thing where we talk about how it’s just not fair the fry cook with 5 kids and three kids daddies can’t afford to live in central Austin? And how we should all pitch in because her dignity is offended.  Offended by where she can’t live, not that she couldn’t finish high school. 

Too young for the black lady with food stamps at the grocery store who loads it all into her brand new caddy myth?
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

tenor.gif

I also see people who can’t afford gas for the week, or food for their kids spend $1500 to go see the Texans lose. POS neighborhoods with new SUVs lining the street.  People can’t manage their $$, news at 9.  Doesn’t mean we should give away money for existing. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I also see people who can’t afford gas for the week, or food for their kids spend $1500 to go see the Texans lose. POS neighborhoods with new SUVs lining the street.  People can’t manage their $$, news at 9.  Doesn’t mean we should give away money for existing. 

Again, let's stop giving away money to corporations and the rich, then we can scold the less fortunate, m'kay?

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No.  We're going to talk about how the party you support wants to take away her right to choose, is fine with her five kids not having access to adequate food or healthcare, and wants to gut the education her kids are going to receive.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

No.  We're going to talk about how the party you support wants to take away her right to choose, is fine with her five kids not having access to adequate food or healthcare, and wants to gut the education her kids are going to receive.

That's not my #1 issue.  Can't bat 1.000   Plus, I've been told single issue voters are regards.  Is that no longer the case?

43 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So after the game you followed someone from their luxury box to their new SUV to when they drove to the Walmart and used food stamps?  Do I have that right?

• Haha 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Yeah.  You are probably right.  I bet they are all lawyers and doctors, fist fighting in the parking lot in their best tailored jerseys.  

They aren’t spending 1500 on a football game if they can’t feed their kids and gas up their vehicles. Quit being stupid 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah.  You are probably right.  I bet they are all lawyers and doctors, fist fighting in the parking lot in their best tailored jerseys.  

In case anyone doubted the cruelty is the point, you'll drive it home with false caricatures of welfare queens to deflect from all the practical realities of the punitive policies you support.

Meanwhile, you've deflected for at least an entire page from the party you support propagating Replacement Theory.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That's not my #1 issue.  Can't bat 1.000   Plus, I've been told single issue voters are regards.  Is that no longer the case?

Of course it’s not. You don’t give a shit about anyone but yourself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

They aren’t spending 1500 on a football game if they can’t feed their kids and gas up their vehicles. Quit being stupid 

Are you questioning the cost, or the amount of poor that attend the game?   What's it cost for a family of 5 to go, then?  Since you are an expert.  Please enlighten me. 

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

So after the game you followed someone from their luxury box to their new SUV to when they drove to the Walmart and used food stamps?  Do I have that right?

Yes.  What you described is what happens, verbatim.  I wait for the luxury boxes to empty, then follow random people to the grocery store.  Then check out behind them.  See how they are paying.     jfc some of you.  I'm sure I'm mistaken though, because no one on assistance has ever used discretionary money to blow, right?   Not one single person.  

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes.  What you described is what happens, verbatim.  I wait for the luxury boxes to empty, then follow random people to the grocery store.  Then check out behind them.  See how they are paying.

Dude, that's pretty weird.

Have you done this more than once?

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

He probably saw Black people at the game.  And, well, just assumed they were welfare queens blowing their government checks and selling their Obama phones to see a game. 

World champions at fabricating racism.  At least you've got that going for you.  

34 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I could easily see Surly posters duking it out in tailored jerseys and most of them are lawyers so...

Edited by Bevo14

28 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you questioning the cost, or the amount of poor that attend the game?   What's it cost for a family of 5 to go, then?  Since you are an expert.  Please enlighten me. 

You’re full of shit. It’s ok to admit it. Everyone here knows 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

But you're my favorite.  I'm dedicating any and all of my votes to cancelling yours.   Make sure you gotv, and don't disappoint. 

Don’t worry I will. And I’ll bring 10 people with me, bootstrap 

One of these days, it'll all work out.  I'm rooting for you. 

Oh no doubt. Prior to 2016 I voted republican down ticket exclusively and more often than not for President. My wife voted straight Republican. I doubt we’ll ever vote Republican again. Oldest child is of age and will never vote republican and have 3 more that will be voting by 2024. Hell your wife is probably going to cancel your vote and you won’t even know 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Oh no doubt. Prior to 2016 I voted republican down ticket exclusively and more often than not for President. My wife voted straight Republican. I doubt we’ll ever vote Republican again. Oldest child is of age and will never vote republican and have 3 more that will be voting by 2024. Hell your wife is probably going to cancel your vote and you won’t even know 

Yeah I bet, she loves the dregs of our society.  Unfortunately my kids will  only cancel 3 of yours.  +1 all the way to 100% blue!  1 at a time. 

• Fuck You 6

Yeah I bet, she loves the dregs of our society.  Unfortunately my kids will  only cancel 3 of yours.  +1 all the way to 100% blue!  1 at a time. 

Well she did marry you. Tell us again about growing up on the mean streets of Dr Mom’s neighborhood 

Also if you’ve got daughters you’re going to be very disappointed when they tell you they think they should have a say in what happens to their bodies

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Damn, dude.  You really do hate the poor and less fortunate.

And you are committed to voting for these shitasses deadset on ruining America out of self-interest.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Damn, dude.  You really do hate the poor and less fortunate.

I actually don't.  I watched a documentary recently that caused me to get involved.  Ghana.  Poor people that work hard, and will never have a chance to get out.  While they'd probably still be annoyed with working in Austin and having to live in P'ville, they would be grateful to be here.  I'd give to them 100x before someone who was born healthy in the US and somehow fucked that up.   

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Well she did marry you. Tell us again about growing up on the mean streets of Dr Mom’s neighborhood 

Also if you’ve got daughters you’re going to be very disappointed when they tell you they think they should have a say in what happens to their bodies

Yeah but she's a bleeding heart.  Then again she likes money and works hard for it.  Guess we'll never know what happens in the booth.    I would bet you dollars to donuts I grew up in as poor of an area as you claim to, but good burn.  And I have several daughters; I appreciate your interest in their well-being. 

• Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I would bet you dollars to donuts I grew up in as poor of an area as you claim to, but good burn.  And I have several daughters; I appreciate your interest in their well-being. 

We had zero doctors or medical students where I grew up. So unless your mom is literally the shittiest doctor ever I doubt it.  You should care more about your daughters’ well-being. They’ve got about 1 in 5 chance of being sexually assaulted. Your party wants to prevent them from having birth control access, plan b access, and access to safe early abortion. But you’re voting in their best interests 

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I'd give to them 100x before someone who was born healthy in the US and somehow fucked that up.   

What if they were born healthy, but stupid?

You really have simplistic and naive views about the lower classes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

We had zero doctors or medical students where I grew up. So unless your mom is literally the shittiest doctor ever I doubt it.  You should care more about your daughters’ well-being.

I was one of about 3 kids on my street that spoke English.  And while not a shitty doctor, she is a lifelong D that has always cared more about bleeding heart shit than trying to get out the race in the fastest way possible.  Works for them, so.  I care as much about my kids as you do yours.  Their ability to have an abortion 10-14 years from now has nothing to do with anything.  

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What if they were born healthy, but stupid?

You really have simplistic and naive views about the lower classes.

I guess those of us that weren't will just cut them a check forever, then.  You say simplistic in an insulting manner, which is fine.  You're a smart guy, I'm sure my thoughts on everything is simplistic to you.  But I'm happy that I can see clearly.  A large reason why many problems are never solved, is they are buried in the minutiae.

• Fuck You 3