Great Replacement Theory is no longer fringe, it’s mainstream

Satchel

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What if they were born healthy, but stupid?

You really have simplistic and naive views about the lower classes.

Not everyone has the benefit of a good Wesleyan Christian upbringing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Their ability to have an abortion 10-14 years from now has nothing to do with anything.  

Are these theoretical future daughters? Girls can get pregnant at 11. 

Also sounds like your moms a great woman. Too bad she didn’t teach you shit

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Are these theoretical future daughters? Girls can get pregnant at 11. 

Also sounds like your moms a great woman. Too bad she didn’t teach you shit

No, they exist.  I know you dgaf, but I've made my thoughts on RvW clear on that thread.  It only took 1 post because I don't align with the R's on it. 

Mama tried.  Dad too.  The only thing that took was "don't be a fucking aggy".  So, small wins I guess.  But no, I'm not the kind soul of either of them. 

Who knows, maybe one day I'll come into a windfall and not have to worry about work things anymore.  I'll start a charity in your internet namesake. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

What a bunch of nonsense.

Civilized societies have safety nets for the least among them.  Those cost money, generally speaking, and someone has to pay for it.  So yeah, cut them a check forever.  Or let them starve.

Come on man if he can rise above growing up in a two parent home where one’s a bleeding heart lib doctor giving all their money to deadbeats then those fuckers should be able to figure something out

God forbid one of his daughters gets date raped while in college and winds up pregnant. It will be very reassuring when she can't get an abortion so dad could save a little money on his taxes.

Edited by Hmbre97

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What a bunch of nonsense.

Civilized societies have safety nets for the least among them.  Those cost money, generally speaking, and someone has to pay for it.  So yeah, cut them a check forever.  Or let them starve.

Are you suggesting we don't have a safety net here?  

• Fuck You 3

Are you suggesting we don't have a safety net here?  

It appears that you want to eliminate as much of it as possible.  I mean, that is the crux of your persistent argument about "cutting a check forever."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

It appears that you want to eliminate as much of it as possible.  I mean, that is the crux of your persistent argument about "cutting a check forever."

I thought your question that elicited that response was a bit disingenuous.  America is the king of the world on stupid people not only making it, but thriving.  If you meant mentally handicap, then of course 100% there needs to be assistance in play to help them.  We probably need to do a better job at it, really.  But I figured that was implied when I said "healthy".  You don't have to be an attorney, engineer, accountant, or doctor to have a decent life here.  

• Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Your party is hellbent on dismantling it and your posts indicate you are wholeheartedly in agreement 

Are they?  Do you not think it can be improved upon?  Run more efficiently, and effectively? Would you rather feed the truly poor and disadvantaged, or adults who bit off more than they could chew during college and not can't live in their preferred part of town?

• Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I thought your question that elicited that response was a bit disingenuous.  America is the king of the world on stupid people not only making it, but thriving.  If you meant mentally handicap, then of course 100% there needs to be assistance in play to help them.  We probably need to do a better job at it, really.  But I figured that was implied when I said "healthy".  You don't have to be an attorney, engineer, accountant, or doctor to have a decent life here.  

I think that is becoming increasingly difficult.  There aren't many opportunities for an untalented, unlucky, unprivileged person in the US.  It's not like it was even 25 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

Are they?  Do you not think it can be improved upon?  Run more efficiently, and effectively? Would you rather feed the truly poor and disadvantaged, or adults who bit off more than they could chew during college and not can't live in their preferred part of town?

Of course. But that’s not what your party wants to do. Anyone in your party suggesting that would be run out of town on a rail. As to the last part of your post you are using outliers to avoid talking about the very real problem of lack of affordable housing in certain MSAs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think that is becoming increasingly difficult.  There aren't many opportunities for an untalented, unlucky, unprivileged person in the US.  It's not like it was even 25 years ago.

We have multi-millionaire kids on youtube.  Lamborghini cannot build cars fast enough.  Regular guys on the internet with 20k watches for a few days of the week.  How many more go to college now than 25 years ago, schools are busting at the seams.  Several million houses short supplied at all times.  You can look at things that are getting worse, but things are trending up for a huge swath of the population as well.  As level headed as you are in almost every interaction, I never thought I'd see "luck" referenced.

• Fuck You 6

Just realized we've been nipping in the great replacement theory thread.  I don't have anything for that dumbass theory.  I have no problem discussing free market housing values and my kids abortion options with you where its apropos.  Just @ me wherever the proper place is. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

AI and automation are going to make many of us obsolete from an employment standpoint. UBI is going to be necessary 

The Conservative Case for a Guaranteed Basic Income

Man 2014 seems like 100 years ago

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just realized we've been nipping in the great replacement theory thread.  I don't have anything for that dumbass theory.  I have no problem discussing free market housing values and my kids abortion options with you where its apropos.  Just @ me wherever the proper place is. 

Lol.  Are you drunk?  Wtf is going on here?  

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

We have multi-millionaire kids on youtube.  Lamborghini cannot build cars fast enough.  Regular guys on the internet with 20k watches for a few days of the week.  How many more go to college now than 25 years ago, schools are busting at the seams.  Several million houses short supplied at all times.  You can look at things that are getting worse, but things are trending up for a huge swath of the population as well.  As level headed as you are in almost every interaction, I never thought I'd see "luck" referenced.

We have a tiny few such kids on youtube.  It's not a realistic opportunity for most.  And, they generally fall outside the realm of "untalented."  And, being a youtube "star" or social media influencer requires a certain level of material advantage to start with.

We've already pretty solidly established that you have no real idea what it's like to be poor in the early 21st century.  Frankly, neither do I.  But I am capable of viewing them with more empathy than you are, apparently.

In these various discussions about "arbeit macht frei," luck has come up quite a bit.  The first stroke of luck is who are your parents.  Even if you adopt Royal's definition of "opportunity meeting preparation," there's still the element of random good fortune in the opportunity part.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It's all related.  

GRT is just another flavor of untermensch.  It's a little more explicitly hateful than some variations of it, but it's been simmering in the background for a good long while.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Are you drunk?  Wtf is going on here?  

Nope.  Just stuck out of town and would rather talk with Sawbonz and twice than watch another repeat of the first 48.  Too scared to look at my equities.   Didn't realize it was this particular thread when we got off on a tangent.  Mea culpa. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We've already pretty solidly established that you have no real idea what it's like to be poor in the early 21st century. 

Well, no. I was grown by then.  But I grew up surrounded in it in the late 20th century. I learned enough that know that it not being an option was priority #1.  

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In these various discussions about "arbeit macht frei," luck has come up quite a bit.  The first stroke of luck is who are your parents.

I saw brisket bring it up for the first time about a week ago.  Not sure I agree.  Rich kids with parents who are never home and leave them fucked up emotionally might have a rough go at things as well.  You can have the most loving parents in the world but if they dont teach you shit, not good.  But maybe yall are right.  I say this not picking at you, but I'll spend my entire life trying get afford the neighborhood you were brought home to.    

• Fuck You 2

25 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Nope.  Just stuck out of town and would rather talk with Sawbonz and twice than watch another repeat of the first 48.  Too scared to look at my equities.   Didn't realize it was this particular thread when we got off on a tangent.  Mea culpa. 

Well, no. I was grown by then.  But I grew up surrounded in it in the late 20th century. I learned enough that know that it not being an option was priority #1.  

I saw brisket bring it up for the first time about a week ago.  Not sure I agree.  Rich kids with parents who are never home and leave them fucked up emotionally might have a rough go at things as well.  You can have the most loving parents in the world but if they dont teach you shit, not good.  But maybe yall are right.  I say this not picking at you, but I'll spend my entire life trying get afford the neighborhood you were brought home to.    

So you were brought up in a two-parent household (one of which is a doctor), but grew up near poor people, so you think you’ve earned some sort of “bootstraps” designation?

Good grief, the untalented and entitled offspring of upper-middle class people will be the death of us all.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

15 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

There's also a non-racist version of this. For example, my dad isn't the slightest bit racist... and couldn't care less about what proportion of the country is white, but does believe that the Dems' policy re: immigration is part of a scheme to make immigrants loyal Dem voters, which will eventually give them an insurmountable advantage ad infinitum. I'm sure he picked this up from Tucker. I tried to explain that while it wouldn't be the worst idea, that's unfortunately just not how the democrats play the game of politics. They're not schemers.

He's not the slightest bit racist, but he watches Tucker.

a2a48930e823105255dadf876106f21e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

All true, and all aspects of luck.  You needn't have wealthy parents to score big in the parental lottery.  And wealthy parents aren't necessarily a big score, but they can still provide security and opportunity that less-wealthy parents can't.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RPM said:

He's not the slightest bit racist, but he watches Tucker.

a2a48930e823105255dadf876106f21e.gif

This is exactly what Trump has brought us.  A lot of GOP policies have racist/xenophobic undertones, whether they arose from racism or not and whether their proponents were actively or consciously racist.

But Trumpism revealed that if you bring the racist undertones nearer or actually to the surface, it broadens their appeal.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

You would need to pay more if you cut the safety net, since it would be more expensive.

12 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Personally, I'd gladly pay in more if we cut more social programs.  

Truly, the cruelty is the point.  I've never seen it more clearly said.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

So nobody has any doubt at this point that fatty would’ve enthusiastically volunteered to gas people in a nazi death camp, right?

No he’d have been the bakery owner who has no idea the death camp is right down the road from his village 

“Hey this guy says he's not a Nazi. All of Germany and I haven't met one Nazi yet.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What an incredible display of crab mentality by fatty. He's currently on a business trip and mad that he has to go the extra mile just to keep the status quo, so he stays up late on a Friday to shitpost about why poor people are just lazy and should be cut off. Just ignore that minority groups tend to be most dependant on safety nets. 

In the replacement theory thread. 

Because irony is dead.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What an incredible display of crab mentality by fatty. He's currently on a business trip and mad that he has to go the extra mile just to keep the status quo, so he stays up late on a Friday to shitpost about why poor people are just lazy and should be cut off. Just ignore that minority groups tend to be most dependant on safety nets. 

Because irony is dead.

lol. Business trips aren’t measured in months. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Because irony is dead.

He thinks he’s off topic for the thread lol. He’s the reason the thread exists 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

But I grew up surrounded in it in the late 20th century.

Growing up “surrounded “ by it is definitely not the same as growing up in it.

My youngest daughter just reminded me that one of her her best friend’s dad is a Republican elected official in North Texas. they have 7 kid  and they are all what you would describe as leftists. Actually, they’re pretty middle of the road centrist but then you guys would call a Nixon a commie if he were in politics today .

Anyway I don’t know how his wife is going to vote or does vote, but I do know that she got all the under 18 kids Covid vaccinated without his knowledge and definitely against his wishes. All of his kids give him shit constantly about his views. So he’s raising seven kids to cancel out his one (OK maybe two if his wife actually votes Republican). So hey maybe this replacement theory thing is really gonna happen

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Growing up “surrounded “ by it is definitely not the same as growing up in it.

My youngest daughter just reminded me that one of her her best friend’s dad is a Republican elected official in North Texas. they have 7 kid  and they are all what you would describe as leftists. Actually, they’re pretty middle of the road centrist but then you guys would call a Nixon a commie if he were in politics today .

Anyway I don’t know how his wife is going to vote or does vote, but I do know that she got all the under 18 kids Covid vaccinated without his knowledge and definitely against his wishes. All of his kids give him shit constantly about his views. So he’s raising seven kids to cancel out his one (OK maybe two if his wife actually votes Republican). So hey maybe this replacement theory thing is really gonna happen

Extremely cool story. 

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He thinks he’s off topic for the thread lol. He’s the reason the thread exists 

How is that.  You’re not nearly as clever as Dennison and able to survive solely with one liners.  This thread is about fools who are scared of changing racial demographics. I’m concerned with that 0%. The country continuing to shift left is also a given, it happens everywhere with time. It’s the speed of the political shift I’m concerned about. If you want to back end your math to make that about replacement theory, have at it I guess. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Extremely cool story. 

How is that.  You’re not nearly as clever as Dennison and able to survive solely with one liners.  This thread is about fools who are scared of changing racial demographics. I’m concerned with that 0%. The country continuing to shift left is also a given, it happens everywhere with time. It’s the speed of the political shift I’m concerned about. If you want to back end your math to make that about replacement theory, have at it I guess. 

Charlie Day Reaction GIF

Have you even read what you’ve posted lol? God damn you’re dense

Edited by hobbes2702

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I guess those of us that weren't will just cut them a check forever, then.  You say simplistic in an insulting manner, which is fine.  You're a smart guy, I'm sure my thoughts on everything is simplistic to you.  But I'm happy that I can see clearly.  A large reason why many problems are never solved, is they are buried in the minutiae.

This is Republicans in a nutshell.  I know my own experiences, I know what I like, what I don't like, what works for me will work for everyone else.  Everyone is the same, what I think works for everyone.  

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You do know that segregationists used this exact same argument, right?

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1