skeet skeet cattle rustler

Bozo_Casanova

4 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

I’m not in the cattle business and didn’t know that the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Association had rangers with arresting power. 

themoreyouknow.gif

You ever watch Yellowstone? It's kinda like that without all the explosions. They have surprising powers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Total population of Loving Co is 117.  Anybody else here ever been to Mentone?  Eaten a burger at the Horseshoe?  Or a burrito at the burrito stand?

I can see why someone would steal cattle just for something to do. 

Edited by CycleTex87
Pronouns, how do they work?

1 hour ago, Jackson P. Neighbors said:

I also learned the word estray.

Any time a cow wanders through a fence onto a roadway and they call the S.O. the cow is rounded up and if they can't find the owner there's a public notice of estray published in the local paper. If nobody claims it, off to the sale barn and the county keeps the cash. If you do claim it, they fine the shit out of you. Lose/Lose, fix your fence.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

What the fuck is wrong with you Loving county?

10 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

I’m not in the cattle business and didn’t know that the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Association had rangers with arresting power. 

themoreyouknow.gif

That is the agency that runs the brand inspector regime in Texas. I guess a TSCA "Ranger" is either just a Brand Inspector or maybe an extra special Brand Inspector. You can't haul or transport, much less sell, any livestock in TX* without a Brand Inspection paperwork. themoreyouknow.gif

* this is true in most states and it may be that if you cross a county line you need an Inspection. Can't remember, but you can't buy or sell (buyer has to have paperwork to transport) without it so I always wonder about the particulars of these modern cattle rustling transactions but they never give details.

Edited by GringoSalado

7 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Total population of Loving Co is 117.  Anybody else here ever been to Mentone?  Eaten a burger at the Horseshoe?  Or a burrito at the burrito stand?

The population must be exploding. It was 91 the last time I checked. Either they are horny out there, or nearly 30 people decided this is a good place put down roots. 
CHIEF

8 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Whelp, from the same album:

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

How do you make a million dollars in Texas raising cattle?

start with 2 million

QFT

I used to laugh at people thinking my family in Brewster Co was “rich” b/c they had 30k acres and ran cattle.  

Lot of people really bought into JR & Sue Ellen.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:48 AM, clapclapclap said:

Well it says right there that it's the "Loving Country Sheriff's Office", must be a lot of swinging beef on the Pecos.

"Horny livestock scares you to death."

FTP_b5QWUAA6_Tl?format=jpg&name=large

Brad Wesley had been eating well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

QFT

I used to laugh at people thinking my family in Brewster Co was “rich” b/c they had 30k acres and ran cattle.  

Lot of people really bought into JR & Sue Ellen.

In all fairness, if they sold it they’d be very rich. But you just don’t sell land. Catch 22 of the highest order.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

In all fairness, if they sold it they’d be very rich. But you just don’t sell land. Catch 22 of the highest order.  

They did.  They are most definitely not very rich.

44336A71-DC67-4E0E-B754-4FDFB3D4C45D.gif

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Hallie was my Great Grandmother.  Not the one that she shot, but here’s one on the front porch of our store that my cousin did complete with Wolf Brand Chili hat and smiling, very pleased grandmother…

25BB0316-9983-41A4-96F0-954A69C91565.jpeg

Edited by Cajun
I’ll try to find the black & white of Hallie w/the pinche panther muerto.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3