Better Call Saul- returns August 6th

Goo Punch

Yes it was cool to see them acting like brothers for once.  You got to see a human side to Mike other than when he shows it with his grand daughter.  When he knew he had to kill the German he was upset.  Now was that because he knew he had gotten played or because the two of them had opened up to each other?  So there can only be like one more season of this correct?  It's really running up to current times.  Oh and damn I don't recall seeing Gus this mad.  If I didn't know any better I was ready for him to bury Gale in that unfinished hole when he said he was ready to cook.

35 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I am thinking one more extended season similar to BB.  Maybe 5-7 episodes of "Saul" leading up to BB, and then maybe a few episode of Cinnabon post BB to wrap it up.  

Yes that would be perfect, because in current days didn't they leave it where Jimmy had the heart attack?  I don't think they've flashed forward again with anything of importance.  

I thought it was apparent last week that all of the Germans hauled ass, but obviously not.  They are going to wonder what happened to their boss.   And if they go missing at the end of the job that will raise more questions.  Next season will be interesting. 

53 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I thought it was apparent last week that all of the Germans hauled ass, but obviously not.  They are going to wonder what happened to their boss.   And if they go missing at the end of the job that will raise more questions.  Next season will be interesting. 

A plane crash would solve the problem. Maybe they get booked on the charter that hit Wayfarer 515.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

Why was Kim so taken aback by Jimmy's behavior after the hearing? Didn't they plan this together? It's been a year since Chuck died - she fucking knows Jimmy hated him by now. 

And I know some of you love to parrot the whole "just because they're not in BB doesn't mean they're gonna die on BCS" bit, but that Salamanca dude is gonna get dead by either Mike or Gus. 

Why was Kim so taken aback by Jimmy's behavior after the hearing? Didn't they plan this together? It's been a year since Chuck died - she fucking knows Jimmy hated him by now. 

And I know some of you love to parrot the whole "just because they're not in BB doesn't mean they're gonna die on BCS" bit, but that Salamanca dude is gonna get dead by either Mike or Gus. 

I thought the same thing about Kim. I’m guessing she keeps hoping he will become sincere.

Kim had declared "I'm in this with you" before the hearing.

During the hearing, she really thought he was being sincere.  Then afterwords, he calls that guy a jackass for crying - Kim was also crying.

Then he asks for the DBA, like he's not gonna use the McGill name like he said he would. 

So apparently Jimmy had a whole plan figured out, but WITHOUT Kim.  She had just said she's with him, and he made it clear he's with him and him only.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I think she thought that Jimmy really did love Chuck deep down and was just having a hard time accessing and expressing those feelings.   When he put down the letter and went off-script, she thought he was finally getting to that place. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I doubt Lalo is dead in BB, though I suppose it's possible.

When Walter and Jesse kidnap Saul and take him to the hole in the desert, Saul starts yelling that "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio."  And then he asks them if they're Lalo's guys.

9 minutes ago, miguelito said:

During the hearing, she really thought he was being sincere.  Then afterwords, he calls that guy a jackass for crying - Kim was also crying.

Then he asks for the DBA, like he's not gonna use the McGill name like he said he would. 

So apparently Jimmy had a whole plan figured out, but WITHOUT Kim.  She had just said she's with him, and he made it clear he's with him and him only.

Solid take.  Really hate that we have to wait a year to get this going again.  

On 10/9/2018 at 12:36 AM, BluTechsan said:

Wow!

He has arrived and he's a royal prick.

And that's surprising how? Saul Goodman was a prick on BB. Remember when he was telling Walter White to just kill Badger when Walter takes him out to the desert?

He's just an entertaining prick.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

When Walter and Jesse kidnap Saul and take him to the hole in the desert, Saul starts yelling that "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio."  And then he asks them if they're Lalo's guys.

Lalo is dead in BB. I imagine that this next season the conflict will be Gus vs Salamanca and Lalo is too strong of a character to not have a role in BB if he lived through this conflict.

I wish that Nacho had eaten that taco tho. It looked good.

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

I don't think it's so much "without Kim." He came to realization in the meeting with the scholarship kids and it codified in his mind when he was giving the advice to the rude shoplifter...(he was really talking to himself).

He knew that "they" (the legal establishment) would never accept him in a real way ("they never forget") and if he was going to rise above he needed to go 100% his own way and that means abandoning the McGill name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RD3 said:

Lalo is dead in BB. I imagine that this next season the conflict will be Gus vs Salamanca and Lalo is too strong of a character to not have a role in BB if he lived through this conflict.

I'm wrong. I did some searching on Breaking Bad and I'll just leave it as that.

5 hours ago, Augustus said:

4 hours ago, RD3 said:

Lalo ain't dead in BB.  Augustus's explanation is pretty good, except the line Saul says in the desert is "Did Lalo send you?"

5 hours ago, RD3 said:

And that's surprising how? Saul Goodman was a prick on BB. Remember when he was telling Walter White to just kill Badger when Walter takes him out to the desert?

He's just an entertaining prick.

I don't know why but I guess I thought/hoped that he might keep Kim seperated from the herd - that her "I'm with you" pledge might have meant something - but obviously it did not.

4 hours ago, miguelito said:

Agree, but I think Kim was taken aback by the fact that Jimmy obviously made those plans without her.  Jimmy plans for Kim to stick around forever, but she's not so sure now.  Jimmy's all about Jimmy.

Yeah, we know that was the final nail in the Jimmy McGill coffin that we were all waiting for and wanted to see but for Kim as much as she enjoyed Jimmy's "darkside" she always thought that Jimmy was a guy that had the cards stacked against him and really had a great heart.

Then when Jimmy went off the cuff and the range of emotions she showed through her expressions and the way it was shot in the courtroom were fucking outstanding. She had always hoped that Jimmy was just a misunderstood guy that did have a heart when in turn he finally said fuck it I am done being the little bitch everyone thinks I am. The DBA line was perfect and one that Kim was obviously completely caught off guard by. 

The other part that was so great was Jimmy saying that Chuck was probably looking down and knowing he was right or whatever it was also was a big fuck you to him basically saying "if you think I am an awful lawyer and a cheat well wait until you see what I do next. 

I know it doesn't and never will get the same acclaim that Breaking Bad does but that was just an all around perfect cap to the season and something that can't be easy to do when the BB fans are so invested on how things play out seeing Jimmy becoming Saul. I don't know how they could have done it any better. 

Not even mentioning the Mike story line and why he lives by "no half measures" which was equally great. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miguelito said:

Agree, but I think Kim was taken aback by the fact that Jimmy obviously made those plans without her.  Jimmy plans for Kim to stick around forever, but she's not so sure now.  Jimmy's all about Jimmy.

I don't necessarily think that Kim is worried that Jimmy changed plans without her.  She recognizes that an attorney (or con artist) has to potentially change tactics on the spot based on how the situation changes.   I thought she was turned off that he started to make fun of the bar association members, calling them assholes.   I can't say I fully understand why that would bother her but that is when her expression started to change.  Or at least how I remember it.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't necessarily think that Kim is worried that Jimmy changed plans without her.  She recognizes that an attorney (or con artist) has to potentially change tactics on the spot based on how the situation changes.   I thought she was turned off that he started to make fun of the bar association members, calling them assholes.   I can't say I fully understand why that would bother her but that is when her expression started to change.  Or at least how I remember it.

She wasn't worried about Jimmy changing plans (although she was surprised by it) she was happy that it worked. What she didn't anticipate/like was that it was a con and not coming from the heart. Basically that Jimmy conned her along with those at the bar hearing. She wanted Jimmy to get his license back and obviously participated in and help plan the build up to the hearing she just thought that he was sincere when he obviously wasn't. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

She wasn't worried about Jimmy changing plans (although she was surprised by it) she was happy that it worked. What she didn't anticipate/like was that it was a con and not coming from the heart. Basically that Jimmy conned her along with those at the bar hearing. She wanted Jimmy to get his license back and obviously participated in and help plan the build up to the hearing she just thought that he was sincere when he obviously wasn't. 

I don't think Kim ever thought Jimmy was sincere about Chuck.  He has spent the last week trying to con everyone that he had strong feelings about Chuck.  Kim knew he was faking it.  He spent all day at the gravesite pretending to care.  She knew it was a con.