Longhorns Greatest Hits

MaybeACoordinator

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

How so? Genuinely curious. Did I fuck up the post or do you not enjoy that version of football? Honestly, I can understand if you don't now that we know more about concussions and such. 

You double posted bruh

6 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Dont watch that brackens then....poooooor kicker

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Brackens hit is huge. I guess what gives me the heebie-jeebies about the Vasher hit is that he has about 30 yards to sprint and just fucking tee off on Carlos Francis. You can see it coming from a mile away and it's just so goddamn violent

10 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Brackens hit is huge. I guess what gives me the heebie-jeebies about the Vasher hit is that he has about 30 yards to sprint and just fucking tee off on Carlos Francis. You can see it coming from a mile away and it's just so goddamn violent

Yeah. If that's some backup WR returning the punt, then he gets there early for a PI call, or gets there late and whiffs on the breakup.

Instead, it's an All-World DB who checks the receiver, checks the pass, and instinctively gets there just as the two intersect. He aims his hit to, um, "break up" the completion.

59 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I was at DKR for that.  About as brutal as it gets.  It was confusing figuring out exactly what was rolling around from my NEZ seats.

This   I too was there that night for the revenge 

The Brackens hit is weird in that it was so incredibly violent and they were still going in the same direction. Most really hellacious hits come from one guy heading south and the other coming north, but in this case they were both heading laterally, and yet Brackens still absolutely pulverized that poor kicker. If they were cars, it would be like if someone sideswiped you and your car flipped over three times and exploded. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Poor Mr. Potts.  I can still hear Tech fans sandy vaginas about that hit. 

That's Ok.

Taylor Potts is now a doctor.

Can Kindle even feed himself yet?

It's just the best motherfucker in the history of the program...who trucked the fuck out of people before anyone even knew what that term was.

6 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I was at DKR for that.  About as brutal as it gets.  It was confusing figuring out exactly what was rolling around from my NEZ seats.

Same. There were a few seconds there where I thought Sergio had actually decapitated that QB

15 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The Vasher hit is fucking violent. It almost makes me uncomfortable watching it today what with all the CTE shit we know about now.

With head to head contact all but eliminated, it will be that much more spectacular to review these clips in about another 5 years to see where they still stack up...

The Brackens hit is weird in that it was so incredibly violent and they were still going in the same direction. Most really hellacious hits come from one guy heading south and the other coming north, but in this case they were both heading laterally, and yet Brackens still absolutely pulverized that poor kicker. If they were cars, it would be like if someone sideswiped you and your car flipped over three times and exploded. 

He ear holed the guy. He’d get tossed today for helmet to helmet. Kicker was a fool for not sliding.

With head to head contact all but eliminated, it will be that much more spectacular to review these clips in about another 5 years to see where they still stack up...
From someone who played 5 years and took more hits than I dished out, most of the time it looks much worse than it really is. Although there are times where it's just as bad as it looks, but not often..

Of course I never played D1 with grown ass men, but then again I would have been a grown ass man myself if I did. Tit for tat or something..

According to SI Nobis averaged 20 tackles per game.  In the rain in Austin in 1965, I saw Nobis run Donny Anderson out of bounds for losses on four straight plays--alternating sidelines.  Anderson was a 3 time AA and drafted by the Packers to replace Hornung when he was a junior.