The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

On 3/3/2019 at 10:37 AM, Cajun said:

That's a damned good idea.  My Nautique has plenty of cup holders, but none on the dash.  I may need to rectify that.

Must be a newer boat.  My old 98 SN has a cup holder by the throttle.

Clawing our way to the end of this build. I hope it's done by the time I fly over in April.

IMG-20190310-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190310-WA0001.jpg

One cool little tidbit, our hydraulics and some of our pedestal and winch hardware is gear from the last Oracle IACC boat.

IMG-20190225-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

I just can't wrap my mind around that project.

I installed new speakers in my boat and thought I had really accomplished something.

fml

Ha.

This certainly has a lot in it, but to be honest, in the big picture it's not an overly complex build. Once you get into the big boys and mega cruisers, this shit gets wild.

7 hours ago, G650 said:

IMG-20190311-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190311-WA0009.jpg

Some new hotness from Harken. We may be the first boat to get these winches.

IMG-20190311-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190311-WA0014.jpg

The steps behind the wheels, they look hinged, amirite?  Why fold them over?  Upwind vs downwind?

For travel does the bulb stay on the fin or nah?

thanks for sharing.  I’m enjoying watching the build.  I bet you’re happy to see hardware going on.

Edited by CoTex

10 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

How are the hydraulics powered?

Hand pump

9 hours ago, CoTex said:

American competitiveness paired with heterosexual muscle.

Or more accurately this.

9 hours ago, CoTex said:

The steps behind the wheels, they look hinged, amirite?  Why fold them over?  Upwind vs downwind?

For travel does the bulb stay on the fin or nah?

thanks for sharing.  I’m enjoying watching the build.  I bet you’re happy to see hardware going on.

There's upwind, downwind, and flat. The bulb will stay on the fin for travel, and the fin slides out.

Happy to share with y'all. I figured it would be something unique for everyone to check out.

5 hours ago, G650 said:

098262015924.jpg

I’ve actually used one of these on a super hot no-wind day on Galveston bay.

no tp so I used an old t-shirt to handle the paperwork.  Washed the whole thing overboard and the damned t- shirt floated.  Had a bubble trapped within.

No wind so me and 30 other boats just sat there watching my skid stained t-shirt float around.

Sorry for partying.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CoTex said:

I’ve actually used one of these on a super hot no-wind day on Galveston bay.

no tp so I used an old t-shirt to handle the paperwork.  Washed the whole thing overboard and the damned t- shirt floated.  Had a bubble trapped within.

No wind so me and 30 other boats just sat there watching my skid stained t-shirt float around.

Sorry for partying.

Quality. 

I had to go for a leeward drop once in the Mac race with literally the whole fleet bobbing around with no wind. It was brutal. 

• Like 2

We were at Catalina this past summer and after a week out there, I went to pump my shit and the vent hole, which is built into a stanchion right outside the head, spurred a nice squirt of shit in my face as a surprise. The vent is at eye level when standing in the head inside. It's there in part to tell you when the shitters full.

• Like 1

P1030602.jpg

I don't go anymore...  but Columbus Day Regatta had so many boats and so many people drinking, eating, etc...   Every now and then you'd see a turd straight up drifting towards people in the water...  

Edited by Loco