The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

This doesn't suck. Fam arrives tomorrow.

0222893b074c1dfba21a0993eb06d01b.jpg

02fcaabe085636abd6fefbdc83158541.jpg

My outboard was completely seized on the mount I keep it on on the stern of my boat. Haven't taken it off in 8 months, and it's was stuck. Cost me $100 to have a guy come with a torch to loosen it and get it off. But he gave it a little mini tune so I'm in good shape.

• Like 5

Spent a day away from the wife and kids installing courtesy lights in the hatches. Took me all day to route the wires, get the split bus bar installed nicely, etc. Everything has poly loom, shrink wrap, connections all solid af, 4100 in the holes etc. Although my back and hips are killing me (everything ties in in bow hatch (on bottom of deck (working upside down)), what a relaxing day. I don’t know how my 200# fat ass went upside down into that bow hatch and ever got back out, but here we are.

Bruin definitely onto something.

564a24f5beb687dcadc6b8c7543f7be9.jpg

7eb65525e77c7adfa67707153ba32d3c.jpg

5b2add96d3f828f6ae46291cdf41d749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 5/25/2019 at 11:08 PM, FizzleFish said:

Let’s see if this works. Never uploaded a photo. This is my bass boat had it for years and the wife had never been on it until this spring. Love this boat.

7-D5-BBA11-391-B-46-AA-9222-93136-E59272

More pics off bass boat and wife

• Like 1

My ship finally made it through the Suez. Straight of Gibraltar next. Fuck all this waiting...
Hope you have better luck than this one....

The 39.6-metre sailing yacht My Song has fallen off a cargo vessel during her transportation from the Caribbean to the Balearics. During Saturday night the Baltic 130 superyacht was lost in the Mediterranean before reaching the Balearics, where she was due to be unloaded in Ibiza ahead of her appearance in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta next week. 

Her owner, YCCS member Pier Luigi Loro Piana, has arranged for My Song to take part in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta as a returning winner after having won the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta last year and being recently declared Boat of the Year at the Italian Sailing Federation's Sailor of the Year awards.  

https://www.superyachttimes.com/yacht-news/my-song-cargo-fall

31 minutes ago, Updawg said:

The 39.6-metre sailing yacht My Song has fallen off a cargo vessel during her transportation from the Caribbean to the Balearics. During Saturday night the Baltic 130 superyacht was lost in the Mediterranean before reaching the Balearics, where she was due to be unloaded in Ibiza ahead of her appearance in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta next week. 

Her owner, YCCS member Pier Luigi Loro Piana, has arranged for My Song to take part in the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta as a returning winner after having won the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta last year and being recently declared Boat of the Year at the Italian Sailing Federation's Sailor of the Year awards.  

Damn.  

35 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Yeah I saw that this morning. That's a bitch.

16 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

2c21291547a7244e9270c6f288111c26.jpg
4f6c6237a1d23973d2cc066d61a28cef.jpg
7232780ab567802a44b67cca65aac17d.jpg

Saw this beauty in Cabo a few weeks back. This is the smaller of two yachts that owner has.

We were in Cabo for New Years and this rig was parked at the Hotel El Ganzo. 

Dennis Washington. I believe this one is for his sons. He has the larger Attessa IV.

9 minutes ago, G650 said:

Indeed. And golf carts 

At least golf carts are quiet.  So electric ones get a pass from me.  I just hate the noise pollution, especially when I'm trying to relax in the mountains.  Hate noise when I'm on a hike, or fishing.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:14 PM, markstanco said:

If any of you here own a jetski I will hunt you down and murder you and your neighbors simply for living next to you.

Speaking of a jetski, I just dropped my boat off at the dealership and they are a Seadoo dealer as well.  MOTHER OF GOD, they have one that is 300 horsepower and $17,000!!!!  

We were in Cabo for New Years and this rig was parked at the Hotel El Ganzo. 
Dennis Washington. I believe this one is for his sons. He has the larger Attessa IV.

I worked for Washington Group at one point on a DOD contract. They had the construction and production contracts for a chem demil facility. The amount of shit the construction side slide off to production was insane. “I know your missing conduit and nothing in the panel is terminated, but we will go ahead and sign it over and finish it with production folks”. Shit drove me crazy.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:46 PM, markstanco said:

Speaking of a jetski, I just dropped my boat off at the dealership and they are a Seadoo dealer as well.  MOTHER OF GOD, they have one that is 300 horsepower and $17,000!!!!  

On the Jetski hate...  I get it...  I don't have a jetski now, but have had several in the past.  They absolutely draw attention of inherent deutschbags.   But get one out in rolling surf they are a blast to mess around on.  Towing skiers, skimboarders, surfers.   Cheap, fast, easy to launch with a 3 wheeler.  We would even take surfboards over to the Eastern Shore and have a whole beach / break to our selves ...   lol sitting in the lineup at Croatan or 1st Street.

When my son was 10-ish I ran across a smoking deal on a used one (Lots of folks buy them, put 6hrs on it and sell them 5 years later)  I fixed up a few things, new battery, and some variable pump trim thingee...  I took it out for a maiden run and HO LEE SHIT that thing was fast 68ish on GPS.  In that moment, I knew I'd never let my son on that thing.   Sold it that weekend.   But what I made on it paid for a 15' wahoo and that was a perfect little starter boat.  Both fast enough and slow enough.  /csb

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Loco said:

On the Jetski hate...  I get it...  I don't have a jetski now, but have had several in the past.  They absolutely draw attention of inherent deutschbags.   But get one out in rolling surf they are a blast to mess around on.  Towing skiers, skimboarders, surfers.   Cheap, fast, easy to launch with a 3 wheeler.  We would even take surfboards over to the Eastern Shore and have a whole beach / break to our selves ...   lol sitting in the lineup at Croatan or 1st Street.

When my son was 10-ish I ran across a smoking deal on a used one (Lots of folks buy them, put 6hrs on it and sell them 5 years later)  I fixed up a few things, new battery, and some variable pump trim thingee...  I took it out for a maiden run and HO LEE SHIT that thing was fast 68ish on GPS.  In that moment, I knew I'd never let my son on that thing.   Sold it that weekend.   But what I made on it paid for a 15' wahoo and that was a perfect little starter boat.  Both fast enough and slow enough.  /csb

You know how I know you have the olds?

Every year, I have numerous assholes on a jetski jumping wakes, and at least once a year they will do it with KIDS BEING TOWED.  All I can do is shut down the boat until they give up and move on to another boat.  Yelling phases them none. 

37 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You know how I know you have the olds?

Every year, I have numerous assholes on a jetski jumping wakes, and at least once a year they will do it with KIDS BEING TOWED.  All I can do is shut down the boat until they give up and move on to another boat.  Yelling phases them none. 

Slingshot.

Those jet skis have registration numbers on them, don’t they?
Use your phone to video those assholes endangering your kids, then make a complaint.

Meh. Jumping wakes away from skiers isn’t endangering anyone. Even following a 100’ back isn’t bad, assuming they are paying attention.