The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

a076eeafb4877cbcd090e32952af586e.jpg

Ruedi Reservoir near Aspen. This was late in the day boats were coming off the lake but plenty of wake surfing and there’s a sailboat marina too. Wouldn’t pull our boat here but we found a campsite and taking the fifth wheel and renting a wake surf boat does kinda seem like winning.

a076eeafb4877cbcd090e32952af586e.jpg

Ruedi Reservoir near Aspen. This was late in the day boats were coming off the lake but plenty of wake surfing and there’s a sailboat marina too. Wouldn’t pull our boat here but we found a campsite and taking the fifth wheel and renting a wake surf boat does kinda seem like winning.
Rent a wetsuit, too. That water is not warm.
  • Like 1

Rent a wetsuit, too. That water is not warm.

Well we learned to wake surf on Whitefish Lake in MT so yeah either a wet suit or have balls of stone or something.

Btw I really like Basalt. A bit of a covid outbreak so we are laying low but the town is charming.

Well we learned to wake surf on Whitefish Lake in MT so yeah either a wet suit or have balls of stone or something.

Btw I really like Basalt. A bit of a covid outbreak so we are laying low but the town is charming.
Everyone loves Basalt. That's why it is almost as expensive as Aspen.

Cool ass place, no doubt.

Ran across this today on my wake boarding group:

From one of our customers in Cedar Lake, Indiana. Someone sunk their $300k+ Pavati wake boat, then swamped his Jeep and Raptor while trying to drag the Pavati out Should have tried the helicopter first @thequalifiedcaptain #thequalifiedcaptain @captknotright #captknotright @failarmy #failarmy

7cef4b0ee1a7b47e43090c91f961af3b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

So how do the moorings work there? First come first serve? Reservation system? What?

.  Yes, first come first serve.  No reservation.  The reason I rolled out on Friday.  

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:
Edited by Sbbruin

8 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

From one of our customers in Cedar Lake, Indiana. Someone sunk their $300k+ Pavati wake boat, then swamped his Jeep and Raptor while trying to drag the Pavati out emoji2361.pngemoji2361.pngemoji2361.png Should have tried the helicopter first emoji28.png@thequalifiedcaptain #thequalifiedcaptain @captknotright #captknotright @failarmy #failarmy

Wow.  Really?   Yikes.

13 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

That looks like the exact view of the place we rented for my birthday two years ago... killer spot!

It’s only been open about a year.  Toyon Grill.  Sits above the conservancy center.  Nice outdoor patio.  I was adamant we eat outdoors because it was bazaar.  The island completely shut down for months but holy shit the mask wearing was MAYBE 30%.  I was stunned.  And I feel like I probably got the rona.   They were totally paranoid because they have a small hospital but Jesus the rona is going to blow up there and most of the OC trumper areas.

16 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

From one of our customers in Cedar Lake, Indiana. Someone sunk their $300k+ Pavati wake boat, then swamped his Jeep and Raptor while trying to drag the Pavati out emoji2361.pngemoji2361.pngemoji2361.png Should have tried the helicopter first emoji28.png@thequalifiedcaptain #thequalifiedcaptain @captknotright #captknotright @failarmy #failarmy

I like the early-80s runabout trying to help them out. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

@thequalifiedcaptain has a few more pics.

$300K and it doesn't even look like the boat has the stripper poke option on it

Edited by davidg

Headed from San Pedro to Marina Del Rey. The wife will drive the boy down, and he and I will roll to Channel Islands Harbor where we have a rental for a week starting Tuesday. Going fishing with a bunch of the boy's buddies on Tuesday. We'll do our best to not get the rona. So this is the site where they filmed the Catalina Wine Mixer with Catalina Island in the background. And yes, it's a Trump property.
ac57976a5c9882d4e65ea80819d39e32.jpg

• Like 3

Made it out on LT tonight. Tubing and cliff jumping for the boys. Noticed mattress Mack is having his fireworks at 930pm on Saturday. Lago vista cancelled all of their festivities except their fireworks, claiming this will be the grandest fireworks display in their history. We may be double watching fireworks shows this weekend with Starnes Island tomorrow and Mack or Lago vista Saturday.

• Like 2

So we came up to the Nard (aka Oxnard for Cowboys fans), rented a house, but I gotta wake up early and sail solo 60+nm to San Pedro in the am, so just left the fam.  The normal fireworks show was canceled, but it’s like the gotdam Tet Offensive around here.  Civilians are firing shit off like it’s the end of the world.  Way more crazy than when the Navy used to do the show up here.

831CEDD1-CE68-4176-AC92-231A4CCDF124.jpeg

• Like 1

Mack’s show was pretty freaking good, esp for someone having it in their backyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it was good, no CR but probably a ‘Murica kinda guy I’m guessing. Makes for a darn good show. Mad props.

Caught this one pre-show... no filter.

70cef3e24ad36f383e0717fe85f46124.jpg

Man we had quite the day social distancing - fishing the Llano, some Que, and LT fireworks.

• Like 4

Long solo sail down to San Pedro today. Lazing along
bc8bd0974aca817064a74790891477c9.jpg

Then these guys showed up
3e74bd8a95ebbfc6fa071f53d11ec387.jpg

Wind backed off so I started the engine, and my battery monitor is going haywire. Lights blinking and flashing all over it. Don't know if it's a problem with the monitor, or if the alternator isn't working right or what. About 7 miles to go, crossing my fingers I get in ok. Was already taking tomorrow off so I didn't need to rush today so I reached out to the marine electrician who is meeting me in the morning

Seems like every year about this time, people get surprised by the Wx.   Last year the big storm across the east Tx/West La gulf that sank all those boats.  Wx had been perfect for days, and many bay boats out 30-50 miles, then boom, big wind hit.   There were guys on THT in BIG cc's that were concerned, and many rode it out or storm anchored it.  Watch your Wx people.