The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

9 hours ago, troph said:

Yikes I hope that guy made it back on board ok. Wow.

There is a full video out there of it. Female, jet ski picked her up and carried her back. Another guy jumps off the back further out to try and get her and another jet ski has to pick him up. It’s amazing how quickly water moves through there. It sweeps them both out quickly. Captain is an f-ing idiot.

So it seems like no one in Miami has a tide table and access to the weather forecast. Strong on shore winds and a strong outgoing tide stacks up some huge waves in that cut. I see these morons heading out in those conditions in a bow rider with a bunch of people up front and it kills me each time.

I guess it’s not just the bow rider crew as there are plenty of vids of even quad outboard boats stuffing the bow when they misjudge the waves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ROFL BOX said:

Compare to the smooth operator @ the 2:00 mark.  This guy knew how to glide right through.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong, just hard to maintain straight track with those stubby SF's sometimes.  That bow will catch and pull to one side, and you are fighting to get it back straight, and already over correcting.  Just a crappy feeling when they stack up and tides running.  For clarifications sake, the captain of the boat I mentioned was several thousand hours with that boat, and who knows how many 10's of thousands in others.  Doesnt help when you've only got triple nickels pushing it, which definitely plays into it.  Not enough power to push it thru.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

Just for Fun (Austin) was booked out all weekend.  Was trying for a rental as Saturday is my birthday.  Who's got the hookup?

Check Lakeway Marina (like I told you before..) & VIP Marina, Briarcliff Marina - all have boat rentals 

Used.  Probably 2015ish vintage.  I live in SA and hit Canyon, LBJ, Travis, and Lake Austin.

Currently have an ‘06 Air Nautique 226 and dig it a lot, but it’s just time.

I’m also considering a MasterCraft around the same year.  My cousin manages Boat Town and he always seems to have an option or two I’m interested in.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve been tempted to sell because, unbelievably to me, I could make a lot of money on the boat I bought 3 years ago and have put 100 hours on. Problem is I’d be without a boat and it is only thing keeping me sane this summer. I think I might sell in another month if getting is still good

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’ve been tempted to sell because, unbelievably to me, I could make a lot of money on the boat I bought 3 years ago and have put 100 hours on. Problem is I’d be without a boat and it is only thing keeping me sane this summer. I think I might sell in another month if getting is still good

Yeah I can’t imagine my mental health without boating and camping this year. I’m tempted to put ours out there but don’t know what pricing is on a 2018 loaded axis 24 with 190 hours. Of course we’d just turn around and order a new one.

Yeah I can’t imagine my mental health without boating and camping this year. I’m tempted to put ours out there but don’t know what pricing is on a 2018 loaded axis 24 with 190 hours. Of course we’d just turn around and order a new one.

90ish

I’m going to check with Texas Malibu and maybe the Centurion dealer and see what wait times and prices are for a new build. If we can get into a new one and reset the wear and tear clock we just might do it. We’ve got plenty of “equity” in this one to possibly have a no out of pocket flip.

Just like y'all, I've thought about selling but getting on the lake is too important to my mental health during all this.  (Probably would be, regardless).

Still, I might sell at the end of the season if there's still a market for it.  I've been planning on getting out of my Cobalt bowrider and into a wake/surf boat in the relatively near future.

1 hour ago, Texaus said:

90ish

I don't think you could get that right now. I've been looking at boats for 3 months now trying to find the right buy. The A24's in that price range are sitting because there are 2020's hitting the market for $95k or so. I think it will take $80k or so right now with summer ending and the 21's hitting the markets, but who knows. The market has been stupid, but over the last month it has come back down some. @troph, what color is yours? It's probably newer than I'm looking, but I'm starting to get limited by not being able to find a color I want.

On 8/28/2020 at 1:21 PM, Cajun said:

Used.  Probably 2015ish vintage.  I live in SA and hit Canyon, LBJ, Travis, and Lake Austin.

Currently have an ‘06 Air Nautique 226 and dig it a lot, but it’s just time.

I’m also considering a MasterCraft around the same year.  My cousin manages Boat Town and he always seems to have an option or two I’m interested in.

210's in that age range are thin right now. It is one of the models I've been searching for pretty consistently. There was a super nice white one in Alabama a week or two ago, but it sold within a day or so. There are a couple of 13/14 models on Onlyinboards. Haven't seen much else.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Brew said:
I don't think you could get that right now. I've been looking at boats for 3 months now trying to find the right buy. The A24's in that price range are sitting because there are 2020's hitting the market for $95k or so. I think it will take $80k or so right now with summer ending and the 21's hitting the markets, but who knows. The market has been stupid, but over the last month it has come back down some. [mention=93]troph[/mention], what color is yours? It's probably newer than I'm looking, but I'm starting to get limited by not being able to find a color I want.

Metallic turquoise and white. There are pics a few pages up.  Interior is unassuming whites, light and slightly darker grays. It has about every upgrade worth getting. Not sure $80k does it. $90k probably would that’s stupid imo. Not sure I’d even want to sell it to someone I know, given it’s mechanical and all. Shit breaks and you’re like I swear I didn’t know. I get all wrapped around the axel and weird selling stuff to folks I know.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, troph said:

Metallic turquoise and white. There are pics a few pages up.  Interior is unassuming whites, light and slightly darker grays. It has about every upgrade worth getting. Not sure $80k does it. $90k probably would that’s stupid imo. Not sure I’d even want to sell it to someone I know, given it’s mechanical and all. Shit breaks and you’re like I swear I didn’t know. I get all wrapped around the axel and weird selling stuff to folks I know.

Feel the same way about selling stuff normally. Out on turquoise anyways, trying to find something in white, white/gray, maybe a dark blue, etc. It is a nice looking color combination and should be easy to flip, but I’m after pretty plain which is not easy to find in the wakeboard world right now.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:36 PM, blacklab said:

How much do you want for it?

It's not for sale yet, but I'll probably be asking somewhere between $33k to 35k for it.

550 hours on the engine/Wet Sounds speakers and amp, Apollo head unit.  The rest is stock Nautique shit.

The sale of that one will hinge on what I can find/afford in an upgrade.  My budget will be about $125k.  Once this season's over, I'll really dig into that side and if/when I fall in love with a specific boat I'll put this one up.  If I can't find one then my Plan B will be to drop this one off at HydroSounds over the winter to trick it out bow to stern.  Wet Dek, underwater LEDs, new gauges, etc.  If the worst that happenes by next summer is that I'm still in the 226 with some upgrades then so be it, I'll aight.  

11 hours ago, Brew said:

210's in that age range are thin right now. It is one of the models I've been searching for pretty consistently. There was a super nice white one in Alabama a week or two ago, but it sold within a day or so. There are a couple of 13/14 models on Onlyinboards. Haven't seen much else.

Looking more at G23s.  Here's a 2016 with 126 hours I've got my eye on out in Hunnington Beach... 

Image 8-30-20 at 6.11 AM.jpeg

Edited by Cajun

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Looking more at G23s.  Here's a 2016 with 126 hours I've got my eye on out in Hunnington Beach... 

Image 8-30-20 at 6.11 AM.jpeg

Check out Buxton Marine in Lewisville if you haven’t, they have a number of used G series boats. Noticed them yesterday when I was searching new SAN listings because they have a couple of 220/230’s.

• Hook 'Em 1